Margaritaville and kids?

emnm2015

We have read some older reviews that said the pool at Margaritavillle was not a good place for children. They said there were contests and behavior that would be inappropriate for children to be around. Has anybody been there more recently that can tell me if they would be comfortable having there children there? We were planning to use the pool, we just want to be able to plan ahead if that's not going to be a good option for us. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The pool is huge and has several sections connected by walkways and bridges. There are sections that are far enough away that the kids can't even see the DJ and swim-up bar (which is where most of the craziness will be found). My kids have been several times and love the pool and flowrider!

I believe if there's anything wild going on it would be over by the bar, but the pool and it's areas are big. We'll be there with our 9 & 11 year old.

This is what we experienced. The dancing contest, and other bar games and activities are all on the side where the bar is located. The pool is very large, and if sit away from the bar area, it will not effect your family.

Have been there twice. First time two ships were in port. Margarettaville was crowded. People dancing by the dj shack and in the pool. Nothing outrageous. The second time only our ship was in port, and it was not crowded at all. We only stayed an hour, there were no people dancing. As others said, you can go to an area away from the partying crowd. Margaretaville is expensive.

We have read some older reviews that said the pool at Margaritavillle was not a good place for children. They said there were contests and behavior that would be inappropriate for children to be around. Has anybody been there more recently that can tell me if they would be comfortable having there children there? We were planning to use the pool, we just want to be able to plan ahead if that's not going to be a good option for us. Thanks!

Look at the videos on youtube ;) and then decide

• 4 weeks later...

I consider myself pretty conservative, but like the others said, it's not that outrageous. There are skimpy bikinis, dancing and drinking. Nothing more than they will see or hear on the ship. I would bring my kids, but I don't think I'd bring my parents. They are a tad more sheltered than me. ;)

Unless there's more than one ship in port, the people in the pool will be the people from your ship. It's all going to depend on the clientele. We've done cruises where there were large groups of people traveling together that got pretty rowdy, and other times it was really tame. It's all going to depend on the ships passengers (and mix that with the staff and the tequila/rum/beer at the swim-up bar) as to whether it gets crazy.

Like others said, Huge pool and just stay away from the bar area and you will be fine.

Go towards the back of the pool where you can block out the bar and the dj booth. both of these areas are right when you enter the pool area. The kids will have a great time in the pool. We were there with 2 ships in port and there was a large crowd and a lot of adults parting, nothing x-rated. The second time there was only 1 ship in port, it was about a 1/4 of the other crowd, and it was a non parting group.