First time here-what to do for Mitsugirly

mitsugirly

I know your family is into beaches, but I had the BEST excursion in St. Lucia a couple years ago visiting Lushan Country Life: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g147343-d1467576-Reviews-Lushan_Country_Life_Tours-Castries_Castries_Quarter_St_Lucia.html

You get a full cultural experience where you walkabout their plants, taste their food, and explore the forest with a guide. It doesn't take more than an hour to go through and is a great experience.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't really think that's something that my beach going mermaid daughter would be able to do. She would be bored and not understanding why we were doing this and only complain about wanting to get to the beach. Of course she gets this from me because I would probably be doing the same thing. LOL :eek: :p :o If it was something that you HAD to do on the way walking to the water (beach) then maybe (like we did when we went cave tubing), but just to do it, I don't think it would work for us.

I appreciate the suggestion though. :)

I posted a similar response to your question on the Barbados board. We were in St. Lucia about a month ago and had a great tour using Cosol Tours. More info in this review starting on posting #92:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2367536

It was short on beach time (about an hour at Sugar/Jalousie beach), so might not fit for your daughter. She might enjoy stopping at the banana plantation and getting covered in mud at the volcano, but there's a lot of time spent driving, looking at the amazing beauty of the island. Guessing that she might be bored with that.

Sugar beach was gorgeous and I'd highly recommend it. Several pictures in the link above. There are other tours (Cosol and Spencer Ambrose seem to get the most recommendations here) that will take you there and back quickly on a boat, vs. the driving tour that we did. There are a few free lounge chairs there but they go fast and you may want to plan on renting chairs umbrellas from the Sugar Beach resort.

I posted a similar response to your question on the Barbados board. We were in St. Lucia about a month ago and had a great tour using Cosol Tours. More info in this review starting on posting #92:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2367536

It was short on beach time (about an hour at Sugar/Jalousie beach), so might not fit for your daughter. She might enjoy stopping at the banana plantation and getting covered in mud at the volcano, but there's a lot of time spent driving, looking at the amazing beauty of the island. Guessing that she might be bored with that.

Sugar beach was gorgeous and I'd highly recommend it. Several pictures in the link above. There are other tours (Cosol and Spencer Ambrose seem to get the most recommendations here) that will take you there and back quickly on a boat, vs. the driving tour that we did. There are a few free lounge chairs there but they go fast and you may want to plan on renting chairs umbrellas from the Sugar Beach resort.

I still need to check my Barbados post. I haven't had time to get back over there to do my planning and looking at suggestions yet. (I've been so busy finalizing what to do in StT, StM, StK and StL lol).

I'm going to check out your review. Thanks so much for the link. :)

Thanks for the name of another vendor for me to check out.

We are perfectly fine just putting our things on the sand if all the chairs are used up. We'll manage. No way am I paying the $50 charge for the other place that I'm hearing about. I never stay in my seat longer than 5 minutes anyhow. The hubby will just have to suffer on this beach if that's the case. :eek: :p

OK, so this has nothing to do with cruising or whatever the topic is. I have seen your daughter several times in her mermaid tail. I was cruising on my pinterest and found something you ***migh***t like:

https://www.etsy.com/market/mermaid_blanket

I could even make this next one :rolleyes:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/1c/72/65/1c7265f82a12e4871bdf4490b57352cf.jpg

Edited by familyoutdoors

OK, so this has nothing to do with cruising or whatever the topic is. I have seen your daughter several times in her mermaid tail. I was cruising on my pinterest and found something you ***migh***t like:

https://www.etsy.com/market/mermaid_blanketI could even make this next one :rolleyes:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/1c/72/65/1c7265f82a12e4871bdf4490b57352cf.jpg

I just had to laugh because any time anyone (either here on cc or on my social media site) finds anything like this mermaid related, they send me a link. I love the way everyone looks out for me and Sakari. You guys rock. :D

She did get a mermaid blanket for her birthday a few months ago (manufactured by the same company that makes her 2 mermaid tails she currently has) and she LOVES it.

mermaid-tail-blanket-pink-teal-front_1.jpg

She absolutely LOVES it and sleeps in it every night.

It's funny, her older sister took her to the indoor/outdoor waterpark (Kalahari) this weekend for a few days (still there) and she text me saying "Sakari wants this" and it was an entire new mermaid outfit that comes with everything including bathing suit and all (and they had it on an adult mannequin in the store)...with a price tag of close to $200. I told her "It's nice to dream big, but she already has 2 of them...go find a stuffed animal"...which she did for less than $20. LOL :D

Hi Kim!

You will LOVE your cruise out of San Juan and all of the great islands that you will go to. We love San Juan and have cruised out of there at least 6 times. Regarding St. Lucia, I give another vote for Spencer Ambrose's Jalousie/Sugar Beach excursion, we have done it 2 times and he and his daughter are great. They will meet you in the building at the port and walk you straight to the boat. As another poster stated, you will be first to the beach after a short boat ride (and don't worry if it is raining, it usually always rains at some point during the day), you can just set your towels down anywhere on the beach and snorkel from the beach as well. They serve an authentic island lunch....chicken of course and have plenty of sodas, Piton beer, and rum punch to last the day. He will then take you on a sight seeing tour in the boat ride back. We love it and would certainly go back again. I can't wait to read your review when you get back!! I'm trying to post a couple of pictures from our trip there last September, hope it works. The beach is situated right between the Pitons.

0bdab8befbccdb3d789f9a1549da5662.jpg0405a941a5019d6535e8c0895e3015b9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hi Kim!

You will LOVE your cruise out of San Juan and all of the great islands that you will go to. We love San Juan and have cruised out of there at least 6 times. Regarding St. Lucia, I give another vote for Spencer Ambrose's Jalousie/Sugar Beach excursion, we have done it 2 times and he and his daughter are great. They will meet you in the building at the port and walk you straight to the boat. As another poster stated, you will be first to the beach after a short boat ride (and don't worry if it is raining, it usually always rains at some point during the day), you can just set your towels down anywhere on the beach and snorkel from the beach as well. They serve an authentic island lunch....chicken of course and have plenty of sodas, Piton beer, and rum punch to last the day. He will then take you on a sight seeing tour in the boat ride back. We love it and would certainly go back again. I can't wait to read your review when you get back!! I'm trying to post a couple of pictures from our trip there last September, hope it works. The beach is situated right between the Pitons.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks so much for the info and another vote for this place. Love the pictures. I'm definitely booking this!

On another note...I ask the hubby if he just wants to do the beach or to do the beach/land tour....with the MUD bath and I got a definite NO on the mud bath. LOL So, I guess we'll be booking just the beach this time around. Maybe I'll get a chance to convince of a mud bath the "next" time we come. :D Party pooper I tell ya!

That's funny, but I totally know what you mean. I know for example my DH's grandma was very in to humming birds. No matter what the holiday, if someone had a gift for the woman it was a humming bird.

Another example, one year my oldest son was very into Harry Potter. Every gift that I got him for Christmas was Harry Potter. I even made him this really cool wall hanging. I didn't get the reaction I thought I would get. He cried and said all I got was Harry Potter stuff. :eek: It wasn't that he was ungrateful, it was just that he was overwhelmed.

And now today as I am looking for crafty stuff for myself to make, I am seeing so much mermaid stuff:rolleyes: I guess it's like when you get a new car. You never realize you see it all over town until you own one!

The new outfit is cute, but it looks like it's meant for an older girl (teen?) and by the time she is a teen that won't be very cool, haha!

I just had to laugh because any time anyone (either here on cc or on my social media site) finds anything like this mermaid related, they send me a link. I love the way everyone looks out for me and Sakari. You guys rock. :D

That's funny, but I totally know what you mean. I know for example my DH's grandma was very in to humming birds. No matter what the holiday, if someone had a gift for the woman it was a humming bird.

Another example, one year my oldest son was very into Harry Potter. Every gift that I got him for Christmas was Harry Potter. I even made him this really cool wall hanging. I didn't get the reaction I thought I would get. He cried and said all I got was Harry Potter stuff. :eek: It wasn't that he was ungrateful, it was just that he was overwhelmed.

And now today as I am looking for crafty stuff for myself to make, I am seeing so much mermaid stuff:rolleyes: I guess it's like when you get a new car. You never realize you see it all over town until you own one!

The new outfit is cute, but it looks like it's meant for an older girl (teen?) and by the time she is a teen that won't be very cool, haha!

Haha, I know what you mean about getting all the same stuff. At least she hasn't hit the stage that she's complaining about that yet.

Amen on the car. No one had one of those until I got one right?

They have the outfits from infant to adult. That's just the picture I happen to find on the internet to show. They have both the Nemo and Dori fish fin outfits. She just decided that she wanted the Nemo one. :D

Ok, I did it...I booked with Spencer's and I'm super excited!!!

Thank you everyone for helping me figure out what to do. I can't wait to see this place and review it. Tons of pictures will be coming your way in another month and a half. :D

One last question, at the end of booking and putting my deposit down on this place, it showed where they would be waiting at the cruise ship terminal...only there's two of them and I have no idea which???

Port Seraphine or La Place Carenage?

Ok, I did it...I booked with Spencer's and I'm super excited!!!

Thank you everyone for helping me figure out what to do. I can't wait to see this place and review it. Tons of pictures will be coming your way in another month and a half. :D

One last question, at the end of booking and putting my deposit down on this place, it showed where they would be waiting at the cruise ship terminal...only there's two of them and I have no idea which???

Port Seraphine or La Place Carenage?

We've always docked at Port Seraphine, but we've been the only ship in port both times we were there. If you're going in August, you may be the only ship there that day since most of the other cruise ships don't do that itinerary in the summer. I'm not positive if this is how it works or not but I read here on CC a while back that the largest ship, if more than one in port, will dock at Port Seraphine. I believe if there is more than one ship in port, Spencer's tours will have a representative at each terminal.

So glad you booked! You know I'll definitely be reading your review and I'm already looking forward to it and the beautiful pictures you get.

Edited by pghsteelerfan

It can vary. Depends on how many ships in that day, etc.

You can check the schedule for yourself here, season.com, under cruise ship schedule. That's what the tour operators use to verify which terminal, etc. Usually, the good operators have representatives at each terminal if there's more than one ship in port.

Glad you found a trip that suits. Happy sails!

We've always docked at Port Seraphine, but we've been the only ship in port both times we were there. If you're going in August, you may be the only ship there that day since most of the other cruise ships don't do that itinerary in the summer. I'm not positive if this is how it works or not but I read here on CC a while back that the largest ship, if more than one in port, will dock at Port Seraphine. I believe if there is more than one ship in port, Spencer's tours will have a representative at each terminal.

So glad you booked! You know I'll definitely be reading your review and I'm already looking forward to it and the beautiful pictures you get.

You can check the schedule for yourself here, season.com, under cruise ship schedule. That's what the tour operators use to verify which terminal, etc. Usually, the good operators have representatives at each terminal if there's more than one ship in port.

We are the only ship due in port in EVERY port this cruise...WOO HOO (I already knew this from checking prior, but it feels great to still say it).

So does that mean we will be docking in Seraphine?

We are the only ship due in port in EVERY port this cruise...WOO HOO (I already knew this from checking prior, but it feels great to still say it).

So does that mean we will be docking in Seraphine?

Most likely (99% positive) you'll dock at Seraphine.

• 5 weeks later...
Oops, I must have not caught the taxi part when I was reading. My heart dropped, but that makes sense with the mountains and all. :)

My apologies, I shouldn't have worded it that way "flying to a different country". I meant out of the United States itself...over seas, however you want to word it. It still feels like a million miles away and the "unknown" when going so far and I have never done that. I have friends from PR, so I did know that it's US territory. I'm sorry. :(

But I really appreciate your help! :)

We took a cruise out of San Juan several years ago and one thing that stands out is the ease of flying into SJU. As soon as you leave the airport they have taxi kiosks and I personally think they speak better English than most people I see here stateside :)

We took a cruise out of San Juan several years ago and one thing that stands out is the ease of flying into SJU. As soon as you leave the airport they have taxi kiosks and I personally think they speak better English than most people I see here stateside :)

Glad to hear it's very easy. We will be renting a car, so hopefully that goes smooth too. Good to know about the English. I have downloaded a translator on my phone just in case...lol :p

• 3 weeks later...

Could you verify the website for the cruise schedule, please? I don't think season.com is correct?

• 3 weeks later...

So just a follow up on our day here.

We ended up booking with Spencer and had THE.BEST.DAY.EVER. We went, by boat, to Jalousie Beach and it was super amazing. I can't say just how great this day was there. The snorkeling is AMAZING!

I have my review done, which is VERY picture heavy, if anyone is interested.

It can be found HERE