When iks the best time to buy an internet package?

SWACK

I'm not sure about discounting specials. It seems to me that they did offer something but I really did not pay attention.

Here is more info though.

https://www.goccl.com/irman/bookccl/shipboard_knowledge/internetcafe_wireless.htm

Pricing

Instructions on how to create an account and pricing details are present on-screen in the Internet Café or on your laptop once you connect to Carnival WiFi. Internet pricing is identical, whether you are using the Internet Café terminals, your own laptop or other wireless devices. All internet access charges will be billed directly to your onboard “Sail & Sign” Account.

Activation fee - a one-time $3.95 charge applies to each user on their first login only.

Time Plans – offer guests the opportunity to enjoy a lower per-minute rate. These Time Plans are transferable between Internet Café terminals and personal laptops/wireless devices, can be used anytime throughout the cruise until debarkation and do not have to be used in a single session. No refund will be awarded for unused minutes. Upgrading a pre-selected pricing option is not available and plans are subject to change.

Fleetwide Pricing

• 480 minutes for $159

• 240 minutes for $89

• 120 minutes for $59

• 45 minutes for $29

• Pay As You Go: $0.75/minute

You get a very small bonus by purchasing the first day.

We purchased the 120 min package and got 10 bonus minutes.

Found it to be painfully slow on the last day trying to do our airline boarding passes. So slow and enough trouble that the internet manager assisted and gave a 25 minute credit.

A great service for those of us that must check in at work.

They give a bonus for signing up on embarkation day. The bonus is a certain number of extra minutes depending on what plan you sign up for. I always buy my plan on Day #1 for this reason. Also watch the Fun Times because sometimes they have Happy Hour Specials during certain hours where they only deduct half as many minutes as you use during those times. There may be some other sign-up specials, but I usually figure out how many minutes I might use on the trip and buy a package to more than cover it on the first day. Nancy

They give a bonus for signing up on embarkation day. The bonus is a certain number of extra minutes depending on what plan you sign up for. I always buy my plan on Day #1 for this reason. Also watch the Fun Times because sometimes they have Happy Hour Specials during certain hours where they only deduct half as many minutes as you use during those times. There may be some other sign-up specials, but I usually figure out how many minutes I might use on the trip and buy a package to more than cover it on the first day. Nancy

i willpurchase the 250 minute plan the first day and get 20 "free minutes".

There are times during the cruise that the internet is so slow will shut it off and mutter to myself walking away feeling very frustrated.

However must keep in contact with my customers.

I purchase a hour or sometimes even two hours when Im in port. Are there any ports that correspond to when you need to do some work. Im buying a tablet to bring with me in the future too.

PS I have also seen times during the week when they will offer free minutes. Like it will be from 3 to 5 pm, some pretty good special on a port day. Limited time to use the special pricing.

The first day is best. You can get bonus minutes and if you stop by the internet Cafe, there used to be a drawing for a bunch of minutes - not sure if they still do that.

I don't remember the last time I was charged a $3.95 activation fee - don't believe that exists anymore.

I avoid any gimmicks - like double minutes etc., because everyone will be trying to access the Internet and you will lose more than you save.

Since everyone has to share the same connection, try to use it when most others aren't. Think of it like a freeway - if everyone is trying to drive at the same time, gridlock, but there are certainly times when you can have it almost to yourself.

Here are the latest prices and lots more info from our recent Carnival Conquest cruise:

http://www.zydecocruiser.net/CarnivalConquest2011/scans/wifi1.jpg

http://www.zydecocruiser.net/CarnivalConquest2011/scans/wifi2.jpg

The first day is best. You can get bonus minutes and if you stop by the internet Cafe, there used to be a drawing for a bunch of minutes - not sure if they still do that. STILL THERE BUT SINCE WE NEVER WIN THINK IT IS RIGGEDicon7.gif

I don't remember the last time I was charged a $3.95 activation fee - don't believe that exists anymore. STILL DOING THAT

I avoid any gimmicks - like double minutes etc., because everyone will be trying to access the Internet and you will lose more than you save.

Since everyone has to share the same connection, try to use it when most others aren't. Think of it like a freeway - if everyone is trying to drive at the same time, gridlock, but there are certainly times when you can have it almost to yourself.

Here are the latest prices and lots more info from our recent Carnival Conquest cruise:

http://www.zydecocruiser.net/CarnivalConquest2011/scans/wifi1.jpg

http://www.zydecocruiser.net/CarnivalConquest2011/scans/wifi2.jpg

Answers in caps

We were charged the $3.95 activation fee when we used it on the Splendor last month. Opted to just do the per minute rate since we only needed it to register for some classes late at night in the middle of the week. Went to the Lido Deck so we had the best possible connection and speed. Only spent about $15 for internet usage (not including activation)

Best rates were the first couple days, after that they only offered the Happy Hour special during specific hours and it wasn't something we could use. There was a drawing for free minutes as well the first day or two of the cruise, so put in for that.

And be sure to read how to "log out" before you start or the counter will keep running.. took as a bit to figure out how to log out after we first logged in and we accumulated about $4 worth of charges for no reason.

I got charged the activation fee in Aug. on Miracle. We bought the package with most minutes available, as dd was away in college, and my mom and sister were not in the best of health, and I needed to check in on them a few times a day.

My next cruise with Carnival is next month and expect to be charged the 3.95 again.

Just annoys me is that it costs them absolutely nothing to sign me up for the package.

Same here. Will have to get the largest package again next week, as dd has an online college course she is taking, and must check in daily for the assignments! Not to mention her facebook time!:p:)

Same here. Will have to get the largest package again next week, as dd has an online college course she is taking, and must check in daily for the assignments! Not to mention her facebook time!:p:)

Consider bringing a laptop and finding internet cafes off the ship.

Decided that is a cost of doing business (deductible at least) and the cost is basically covered by stockholder credit.

Have thought about it - but don't feel like schlepping a computer on board! We have also found that if the computers are running very slowly on board, or not connecting correctly, the head of the computer area usually credits us with minutes "wasted" waiting for the connection to connect!

Have thought about it - but don't feel like schlepping a computer on board! We have also found that if the computers are running very slowly on board, or not connecting correctly, the head of the computer area usually credits us with minutes "wasted" waiting for the connection to connect!

I need to access the info on my desktop so my thumb drive goes cruising with us. Will soon be platinum.icon7.gif

At least being platinum we only have one large suitcase to take beside laptop.

My next cruise with Carnival is next month and expect to be charged the 3.95 again.

Just annoys me is that it costs them absolutely nothing to sign me up for the package.

It is a pure money maker for Carnival.

If they want to charge a ONE TIME fee of $3.95, then it should only be for the very first time you create your account and then no more "set up fees" on additional cruises. Then, it would be a charge I could understand.

On RCCL, you keep your log in name and password for every cruise you go on with them. Makes sense to me.

Archived