How Late Can/Should I Wait Before Cancelling?

babs135

Excellent idea and one I will definitely ask. Would never have thought about it myself as I'm scared of water!!!! and therefore not something that would occur to me.

As an aside, I wonder how many cruisers are like me - can't swim and don't 'do' water

My husband broke his arm, very high near the shoulder, a week before a QE2 cruise. Because of the location and nature of the break, he didn't need a cast, just a sling. He stood in the thalassotherapy pool and did his arm-swinging exercises in the warm water. When he got home, his physio was amazed at how quickly he was regaining movement. And he isn't a swimmer at all, but as long as he can stand firmly on the bottom and have his head out of water, he's OK.

• 1 month later...

Well, with 2 weeks and 2 days to go (not counting!!) the cases are down and I have started to sort out my clothes :D

I'm not 100% fit but the remaining discomfort is liveable with and hopefully if I continue with the exercises the improvement will continue. To say I am looking forward to this holiday is something of an understatement.

Thank you for your help, advice and sympathetic words. Believe me they have helped.