Summary of Winning Bids on Priceline/Hotwire et al

CC Help Jenn

Jargey3000, it is located in the Down Town - Port of Miami area. 3 1/2*, 80% recommended. The amenities listed are: Free Internet, Smoke free rooms, Fitness Center, pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center, Self-service laundry, accessible for visually impaired. Good luck. Be sure and book through betterbidding.com to get the $15 off. The promo is good through 9/22.

Thanks. found it (I think). it's coming up at $240/night for my date! (Dec. 3)

$283 all-in final price (with $15 discount)! Long way from $105!!!

I'm tempted to pull the trigger on that $128 4-star deal which I'm guessing is The Langford. ($143 all-in)

Can't go too far wrong with that price for a night .....can I????

Anyone???

Edited by jargey3000

Hotwire Express deal for 2 adults, 2 kids. 2.5star Lauderdale by the Sea, 100% recommend

Great Escape Inn Night of Nov 27

It sounds cheesy but the reviews are fairly positive, free parking, and offer free beach chairs/towels for the beach that is a short walk away.

Total price after Taxes and fees $78.97

Priceline Express Deal today:

4 1/2 Star Downtown Miami $106 (129.92 with tax) for October 8

Intercontinental Miami

Need to pay $15 resort at hotel

Fantastic deal! Unfortunately, I didn't fare as well for my December dates for the Intercontinental Miami. Paid $150/night. But, perhaps that isn't so bad for December. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Hotwire, booked on Oct 13, 2016

2.5*, 95% recommended (10/10) Amenities: Free parking, breakfast, internet. Pet Friendly, Fitness Center, Self service laundry, Airport shuttle, Golf nearby, pool(s) kitchenette.

$73: with taxes and fees: $90.25 for Dec. 3, check out Dec. 4.

We got the Extended Stay America--Miami-Airport-Miami Springs.

Since we are not arriving until after midnight and heading to the port the next morning, we are very satisfied with this hotel. I don't expect the shuttle to be running at that time.

Edited by Nebr.cruiser

I just booked through Better Bidding and got The Langford Hotel in downtown Miami for $116.54 including tax for December 9th. I'm pretty happy about that.

Through Better Bidding, Hotwire had a promotion of an additional $15 discount through today. I picked the hotel choice that was $106, 4-star hotel and got The Langford.

• 2 weeks later...
I just booked through Better Bidding and got The Langford Hotel in downtown Miami for $116.54 including tax for December 9th. I'm pretty happy about that.

Through Better Bidding, Hotwire had a promotion of an additional $15 discount through today. I picked the hotel choice that was $106, 4-star hotel and got The Langford.

Can you please list the amenities? Sometimes they change. Thank you!

Hi, I've been researching some of the deals on here, I can't figure this out one out. The first one, is a possible match for the W I think. Leaving out of Port of Miami the 16th.

Dates are April 14-16 2017

Any help would be appreciated, new to using Hotwire but the deals look so great especially for this high peak season.

4-star Boutique Hotel in Fort Lauderdale Beach area ( Possibly the W )

$187 price hotel

Hotel details

Amenities

Business centerFitness centerInternet accessOceanfront hotelPool(s)Restaurant(s)Spa

Hot Wire easy view ( No clue )

Fort Lauderdale Beach

$201

Dates April 14-16 2017

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Resort, Pet friendly, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Golf nearby, Tennis nearby, Spa services, Children's activities, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

Resort fee is showing $13

Edited by jessica82973

I would check out some of the resorts it could be and see which one has a resort fee for that amount Hotwire states. I did that with my most recent Hotwire booking, I compared resort fees, number of stars and area and knew it was Trump national Doral. The resort fee on Hotwire was identical.

I booked 2 rooms for 8 people for November 19 (1 night) on Hotwire, got Trump national, after taxes and fees paid $402.87 Canadian, when I called them ( (before using Hotwire) to enquire on my price it would have been over $500 US for the same booking. Being able to pay in CAD saved me a substantial amount!!!

Good luck and hope you get a great deal!!!

Ok booked it, it is the W in Fort Lauderdale, very happy great deal! April 14-16 2017, with taxes and added trip insurance it came out to $443 about half price.

Would appreciate help getting that hotel, did you use hotwire or better bidding and what amenities? Going March 4th and the hotel rates are all so much higher.

There are sites like bidding4travel and better bidding to get assistant with hotwire and Price line. Since many have this thread marked for seeing the latest wins and sharing their winning bids, it would be great to keep that the focus.

No problem if moderator deletes this post as being off topic.

Would appreciate help getting that hotel, did you use hotwire or better bidding and what amenities? Going March 4th and the hotel rates are all so much higher.

The amenities for the "W" were :

*For the same amenities and price range, I got it lower on Monday for $178, now it looks like there is one for $189 but says it might be the Sonesta which looks nice to.

Business center | Fitness center | Internet access | Oceanfront hotel | Pool(s) | Restaurant(s) | Spa services

Edited by jessica82973

Can you please list the amenities? Sometimes they change. Thank you!

Here is a portion of what a reviewer posted about the Langford two days ago:

"The refurbished 1920's bank building had been lovingly transformed into an elegant boutique hotel. Once inside you are greeted with a waft of a subtle pleasant scent. The lobby is small, floors are marble, crown molding and gold leaf decor. The rooms are a little small but well appointed. Comfy beds, nice bathrooms. Hotel had a rooftop bar and an adjacent restaurant. They do offer a complimentary continental breakfast."

For the location and price, how could I go wrong!!

• 3 weeks later...

Site: Hotwire

Date: 9 June 2017 one night

Place: Downtown Miami

Star Rating: **** (4 star)

Hotel: The Langford Hotel

Price: $109

Taxes/fees/charges: $26.04

Total: $125.04

Amenities: free internet, Boutique Hotel, smoke-free, restaurant, Bus Center

Got the same deal post cruise 17 June 2017 one night.

Enjoy!

Kel:)

Date: 1-1-17

Price: 2 rooms, 1 night Hot Rate Hotel@ $102.00/night

204.00 (note: 2 rooms)

Tax: 57.78

Total: 261.78

Description: 3 star hotel in Fort Lauderdale Int Airport (FLL) North

3 out of 10

Free Breakfast. Free Internet, Pet friendly, airport shuttle, smoke

free rooms, Fitness center, restaurant, business center

So this is the Rodeway Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport; I am a little upset with myself because I should have known I was going to get this but panicked due to a last minute change in travel plans.

We were initially scheduled to fly in the day of the cruise (Jan 2nd) but were able to change flights to the day prior. As everyone knows lodging prices are sky high at this time and the reputable low budget hotels booked.

If it were just DH and myself I would be fine but are taking an emolyee and spouse on an award cruise. One of my main concerns are the comments made on tripadvisor by the manager berating guests for using third party booking sites!

I've always had great luck with hotwire and PL bidding but my luck ran out. I just would not consider Rodeway Inn a 3 star, especially when the "similar hotels" listed included Sheraton.

Oh well, at least we get to Fort Lauderdale one day prior (arrival time 10:45pm) which is a whole lot better than four hours prior to departure which is what we had initially. I should be grateful.

Date: 1-1-17

Price: 2 rooms, 1 night Hot Rate Hotel@ $102.00/night

204.00 (note: 2 rooms)

Tax: 57.78

Total: 261.78

Description: 3 star hotel in Fort Lauderdale Int Airport (FLL) North

3 out of 10

Free Breakfast. Free Internet, Pet friendly, airport shuttle, smoke

free rooms, Fitness center, restaurant, business center

So this is the Rodeway Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport; I am a little upset with myself because I should have known I was going to get this but panicked due to a last minute change in travel plans.

We were initially scheduled to fly in the day of the cruise (Jan 2nd) but were able to change flights to the day prior. As everyone knows lodging prices are sky high at this time and the reputable low budget hotels booked.

If it were just DH and myself I would be fine but are taking an emolyee and spouse on an award cruise. One of my main concerns are the comments made on tripadvisor by the manager berating guests for using third party booking sites!

I've always had great luck with hotwire and PL bidding but my luck ran out. I just would not consider Rodeway Inn a 3 star, especially when the "similar hotels" listed included Sheraton.

Oh well, at least we get to Fort Lauderdale one day prior (arrival time 10:45pm) which is a whole lot better than four hours prior to departure which is what we had initially. I should be grateful.

We enjoy that hotel, renovated and much improved!

Great bar with live bands, called Marina 84 ... see link: http://marina84.com/

Late shuttle as well.

You'll enjoy.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...