First time cruiser question

ScallywagDarwin

My mother and I will be doing our first cruise from Brisbane to Hong Kong on the QM2 in March 2017. I note that our embarkation time is 18:00 but we also have an early dinner i.e. 18:00. Would you please tell me how we manage this? Do we have to wear our dinner clothes as we embark? Or do we make a late entrance to dinner? Or do we have to eat elsewhere that first night?

Many thanks in advance.

I have checked several online cruise time tables and cruise booking web sites. They all show QM2 departing Brisbane at 6:00pm on March 4, 2017. Assuming this is correct, your actual embarkation time would need to be well before 6:00pm, leaving you time to prepare for early sitting at dinner once on board.

Regards,

John

I have checked several online cruise time tables and cruise booking web sites. They all show QM2 departing Brisbane at 6:00pm on March 4, 2017. Assuming this is correct, your actual embarkation time would need to be well before 6:00pm, leaving you time to prepare for early sitting at dinner once on board.

Regards,

John

My thoughts exactly. The poster needs to go to the Cunard website and set up her account and she will get much more informed info.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Where on the personal account would one find details of embarkation and sail times?

I am with the OP in having a sail time, midnight, from the agent. However, port schedule says 6pm.

I do not have a boarding time as far as I know.

Your personaliser on the Cunard website will have all kinds of great information for a First Time cruiser or just anyone with questions about your particular cruise and your and special activities being offered. It's just a good place to be familiar with and to get answers to many questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums