First timer to nassau and freeport

Ltrikones

Hi all. My husband, myself and my 16 year old son will be cruising on Carnival Liberty in July to Nassau and Freeport. What excursions do you recommend we do while in port? I signed him up for the teen club while on the ship; I just hope he uses it. I don't want him to think he needs to hang with my husband and I all day. I want him to have fun. Any recommendations or tips would be greatly appreciated.

We are cruising out of Port Canaveral and could use ideas on parking. Everything I have read so far says not to park at the port. We will be coming from our vacation house in Cocoa Beach and are considering using uber but not sure how much of a hassle that will be when we return and if it is worth it rather than parking the 5 days we will be gone.

My husband, myself and my 16 year old son will be cruising on Carnival Liberty in July to Nassau and Freeport. What excursions do you recommend we do while in port?

For Nassau I highly recommend Atlantis!

[YOUTUBE]I7x0y3jArVo[/YOUTUBE]

For Freeport I don't have a specific recommendation but I do recommend you book something as there's next to nothing within walking distance of where the ship goes.

We are going to Freeport this August. We booked swimming with the dolphins. Its a bit pricey, but if you book directly with Unexso it is a bit cheaper. If you do this, book early as there are limited slots. Their website is advanced and has a calendar, its not a mom and pop type set up. They have varying types of "swimming", some open ocean, others in their deep pool (I believe its like 20 ft., but don't quote me). My kiddies are 8 & 9 so we are doing the dolphin encounter in 3 ft of water.

We saved significantly by booking ourselves, but we will have to exit the ship as soon as it docks and cab it over since we picked the a.m. time slot (the p.m time slot for our day was at 2 so I wasn't comfortable with that). Its a major marine park and is across from a major tourist marketplace and hotel spot (Grand Lucayan) so I don't anticipate any issues with finding a cab or the marine park (if it were out in the middle of no where I would be more wary about booking on our own). We plan on swimming with the dolphins, doing a bit of shopping and eating local food at the marketplace, then returning back to the ship a few hours before leaving time.

Thank you. Is Atlantis worth the $150+ that it says it costs?

I think it's worth it. It's one of the most beautiful resorts I have ever seen. They have so much to see and do. I think this is an excursion that is subjective. If you haven't already, click on their website and see all there is to do. It's really amazing.

• 4 weeks later...

Atlantis is ONLY worth it, if you will be there ALL DAY LONG....otherwise, take a stroll around the straw market, or stay on the ship and use their pool..it will not be as crowded on a port day as on a sea day!