Carnival Pride Steamroom & Sauna (Aug 2-9)

I am going on the Carnival Pride August 2-9, 2015 out of Baltimore. Has anyone been on the Carnival Pride since it was refurbished? There used to be separate steam room and saunas facilities for men and women which were free. Hopefully it is still the same. I am hoping to find other guys to relax with in the sauna and steam room.

Also, I would like to get a massage but prefer a male massage therapist. Has anyone gotten a massage on the Pride recently and know if they have male massage therapists?

Thanks.

Edited by mejoe39
correct date

I was on her in March and yes, steam and sauna are still free and men only. The steam room didn't seem to be as steamy as I recall but was re-tiled if not mistaken. I like it steamy but seeing who I am chatting with is nice too.

Sauna was broken when I tried it out. It did work at one point as I saw others in there.

Got to relax and make some new friends while doing my sea-day steam ritual. Made great use of the accessible shower as well for my after-steam showers :), what a treat.

Couple of the non-accessible showers seemed stuck on very hot temps, too hot for my liking :eek:.

Have never seen a male massage therapist on the Pride but that doesn't mean there isn't one. Maybe the muscular personal trainer does double-duty ?

Enjoy your cruise!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I was thissss close to booking the Pride too. Opted for the Independance of the Seas out of Fort Lauderdale. Looking for the same spa info question for the Independence.

Taken from my info in another post in this area on the spa facilities on Royal:

The Freedom Class ships (which includes Independence of the Seas) all have separate, not co-ed, complimentary steam and dry sauna in the locker areas.

The Elemis Company, which hires the staff for Royal Spas, does not currently employ any male therapists, and wrote to me to a few months ago that they have no plans to change that policy. They gave no explanation.

• 8 months later...
I am going on the Carnival Pride August 2-9, 2015 out of Baltimore. Has anyone been on the Carnival Pride since it was refurbished? There used to be separate steam room and saunas facilities for men and women which were free. Hopefully it is still the same. I am hoping to find other guys to relax with in the sauna and steam room.

Also, I would like to get a massage but prefer a male massage therapist. Has anyone gotten a massage on the Pride recently and know if they have male massage therapists?

Thanks.

Hello, I am cruising on the Pride this summer, and was wonder what your experience was overall? Did you ever find other guys to relax with in the sauna and steam room?

Edited by Cruise Stud

• 2 weeks later...
Hello, I am cruising on the Pride this summer, and was wonder what your experience was overall? Did you ever find other guys to relax with in the sauna and steam room?

I have cruised the Pride several times and always bump into a few friendly guys while relaxing in the steam. I'm sure you'll enjoy as much as I did.

Last cruise I even had a very memorable conversation with a young staff member who was having a steam. Hope to bump into him again someday.

The sauna is also nice but I never got to chat with anyone in sauna.

One very nice feature of the Pride locker area are the very private showers. Big heavy wooden door on each one with a small bench to get ready/dry off at. Each shower had body jets as well.

Showers are much bigger than ones in the cabins, not sure of exact measurements but they are almost too big for just one person. :)

I have cruised the Pride several times and always bump into a few friendly guys while relaxing in the steam. I'm sure you'll enjoy as much as I did.

Last cruise I even had a very memorable conversation with a young staff member who was having a steam. Hope to bump into him again someday.

The sauna is also nice but I never got to chat with anyone in sauna.

One very nice feature of the Pride locker area are the very private showers. Big heavy wooden door on each one with a small bench to get ready/dry off at. Each shower had body jets as well.

Showers are much bigger than ones in the cabins, not sure of exact measurements but they are almost too big for just one person. :)

Awesome! I had a long chat with a locker room attendant on the Summit a few years back. He was very nice and very interested in my conversation. What type of conversation did you have with the staff member on the Pride? How "talkative" was he?

I like to alternate between sauna and steam to get a nice sweat. As far as the over-sized showers, you mentioned they were private. Do the wooden doors extend all the way to the floor, or is there a gap still? I bet the body jets are a nice way to relax and cool down after the steam. :-)

Feel free to ping me in PM if you'd like.

Awesome! I had a long chat with a locker room attendant on the Summit a few years back. He was very nice and very interested in my conversation. What type of conversation did you have with the staff member on the Pride? How "talkative" was he?

I like to alternate between sauna and steam to get a nice sweat. As far as the over-sized showers, you mentioned they were private. Do the wooden doors extend all the way to the floor, or is there a gap still? I bet the body jets are a nice way to relax and cool down after the steam. :-)

Feel free to ping me in PM if you'd like.

Conversation was friendly, we each took our turn speaking. Towards the tail end of the conversation he did all the talking though which was fine with me as he seemed to love talking and I was so relaxed I preferred to listen.

Yes, the doors are full length , lockable and very thick.

Body jets were very nice, just dont switch from overhead shower to body jets while in front of them and the first burst of water from them will be cold.

Added you as friend, I think thats the only way to PM.

Conversation was friendly, we each took our turn speaking. Towards the tail end of the conversation he did all the talking though which was fine with me as he seemed to love talking and I was so relaxed I preferred to listen.

Yes, the doors are full length , lockable and very thick.

Body jets were very nice, just dont switch from overhead shower to body jets while in front of them and the first burst of water from them will be cold.

Added you as friend, I think thats the only way to PM.

Cool. Accepted the friend request, but I don't see anywhere for me to send you a private message. Maybe you can try sending me one?

Cool. Accepted the friend request, but I don't see anywhere for me to send you a private message. Maybe you can try sending me one?

Yes, same here. Not sure of the use of friends list if you cant message anyone. My email is in my profile...drop me a line if you like.