Suggestion on Waterproof camera and pics

anewmac

Looking for a new waterproof camera.. share what you have, pros/cons and if you can share the pics you got from it!!

We have a Nikon and it does fast and just not great pics. Also have a gopro but looking for a good regular camera

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I got a Nikon AW130 on a good sale last Thanksgiving. I'm very happy with the snorkeling and beach pictures I got this month. It's a good option for the beach.

DSCN0010_zpsmmxtxecr.jpg

Hanauma Bay, HI

DSCN0033adpc_zpsfselpxaf.jpg This one is corrected for color

DSCN0034_zpswzeyrcm6.jpg

This is straight out of the camera.

Vic

I researched this a TON around Thanksgiving. All signs led me to the Olympus Tough TG-4. We haven't had a chance to use it underwater other than a pool, but check out Mitsugirly's latest review where she used it on her cruise. She took some amazing pictures and convinced me! We've been happy with ours for regular pictures and underwater in the pool so far, but her pics on her cruise were fantastic!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I bought this olympus gt4 last year for a 12 day cruise after my new Nixon got one small knock and brook. This camera if absolutely great. Still learning about it. Word of caution the floats you buy to ensure if you drop this camera won't hold this camera to float. We custom made a float and added a wrist strap that snapped onto my wrist. Otherwise when snorkeling it would drop to the bottom of the ocean. Underwater pictures came out good figuring I got the camera 2 days before the cruise and it was new to me and I didn't know to set the underwater mode on. Have fun.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

I have the canon power shot d30 (had the d10 and loved it until it filled with water) and hubby has the GoPro 4. I have had other canons, Fuji, sealife, etc, but the d30 seems to give lovely pics - both in and out of the water. I will say however, when I load the GoPro videos on to the iPad and grab an image from them, the image quality seems even better. [emoji5] (I picked med quality for the upload)

Above & under water canon d30 d609dc88bc5cf6ad8901720875779051.jpg

f43906e99da786f190513d46249d0f78.jpg

Go pro image 72612d352f12b0f7d000ca73e3e3ebbf.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

For those of you with the Olympus, how is the sound when you record video? I read reviews that said its really noisy. I have had a canon d10 for about 7 years and love it, but it's starting to fog up. I just purchased 2 canon d30 from Best Buy and both made a rattling noise when moved around so I returned them.

For those of you with the Olympus, how is the sound when you record video? I read reviews that said its really noisy. I have had a canon d10 for about 7 years and love it, but it's starting to fog up. I just purchased 2 canon d30 from Best Buy and both made a rattling noise when moved around so I returned them.

I'm curious about this too, as I really wanted to get the Olympus tg-870 (I think that's what its called) but have heard about bad rattling/clicking noises when watching video playback :(

I previously had a Nikon AW100 and really liked the underwater photos. Above water photos were ok for that model. I have no doubt the AW130 would be good for underwater and everyday land photos.

I currently have the Olympus TG-4 which I used on my last trip in March and was very happy with the underwater photos. I took a few short videos and the noise level did not seem to be exteme. The pictures outside of water are very good as well.

My wife has a Canon D30. The underwater photos are very good but she doesn't like the lag between pictures. She thinks it takes too long before she can take another picture. Hasn't used the camera much for regular photos.

Edited by grooks