Dress code?

Naveron

Just got off the Windsurf where one of the female passengers had an interesting interpretation of the dress code for dinner in AmphorA. With a skirt so short and a crop top she seemed to have forgotten where she was. My point is why give men a hard time about t-shirts and shorts when this is allowed.

Just got off the Windsurf where one of the female passengers had an interesting interpretation of the dress code for dinner in AmphorA. With a skirt so short and a crop top she seemed to have forgotten where she was. My point is why give men a hard time about t-shirts and shorts when this is allowed.

So how was your cruise except for this lady

Sent from my iPad using Forums

On our recent Legend cruise we had a woman at lunch time walk through the restaurant and out on to the veranda to look at god knows what over the glass railing. She was barefoot, in her bathing suit and soaking wet. She did not stay for lunch, but no one stopped her from entering the restaurant. It's unfortunate that some people have no respect (or class for that matter)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I would have admired the view and wished more women would dress that way.

I'm just starting to look at Windstar. What IS the dress code?

During the day pretty much anything goes. I mean you don't want to be in bare feet and look like you just mowed the lawn, but shorts, shirts, sun dresses, etc. are fine. In the evening for men they ask long slacks after 6:00 pm in all areas except the gym of course, I want to think collared shirt. Most men wore polo's, Oxfords, etc. with slacks--lots of Dockers (or similar). We were in Europe, had we been in the Caribbean or FP I"m sure there would have been a lot of Hawaiian shirts, Tommy Bahamas, etc. Closed toe shoes are requested for men in the evening, Fishermen's sandals are fine.

For ladies, casual dresses, skirt and blouse, slacks (or capris) and a top, sandals. Lot's of Eileen Fisher, JJill, Ralph Lauren type attire. Elegant but casual.

No need to bring a tie or sports coat (some men will wear the latter if it's cooler), no need to wear high heels, no formal wear or costume parties. Think what you would wear to a country club.

• 2 weeks later...

Most Windstar passengers are not very concerned with judging the clothing that people on vacation are wearing.

If you want pretentious attire and attitude Cunard is a better choice.

Perhaps she couldnt afford the rest of the material for her outfit? On our Barbados cruise recently it was disappointing to see a number of people arriving in the lounge for cocktails in shorts and beach wear when everyone else had gone to the trouble of putting their clothes back on. It just looked a bit discourteous all round.