B2B how do they do it?

Redtravel

I have done b2b on other cruise lines. On some lines you have no interruption. They treat the cruises as one cruise with the same booking no. You don't have to do anything different on the turn around day. On some, you have to close out the first cruise and check in again for the 2nd cruise. Some lines have special amenities for continuing passengers. I've been given OBC and internet minutes. On some, there were free bag of laundry, a special lunch, or a bottle of wine. What happens on Windstar?

If you have the same room no problem. You just come and go with your pass. You do close out one week's account and the next one starts. I have only done B2b and crossing then a cruise on both the Atlantic and Pacific with WS and that is what happened they made it very easy and civilized.

I think it also depends on country and on the WS side, namely their management at the time. Our last B2B, Barcelona to Rome, Rome to Venice, we were told one week would be closed out and had to use OBC for that week before it was up which we struggled to do. Following week still had all the charges from the first and confusing answers on charges, OBC'S, etc. We actually never got it straightened out and had to get Seattle involved when we returned. Wifi is per sailing and is cut off some time during the day and has to be repurchased with a new log on. We did another and spent the day in Dover where we were told that UK border force wanted everyone off ship so we left and came back later. Rome we stayed on board as I was ill but the intention was a ride into the city with a private guide. Incidentally, WS wound up organizing a Rome tour for the people who were B2B as there were around 20 staying. It involved going into city with the airport bus group, having a tour, and then riding back on the bus bringing new passengers on. It would be nice to know about those options in advance as some others besides us had also made arrangements for private day tours. As Strenz says, if you're in same cabin easy to leave and come back. For some reason the last one we had to get new room cards even though cabin didn't change. And you'll need to make your new Candles reservations day of new sailing unless you make friends with the manager of Candles on the first leg. Enjoy yourselves. We're obviously hooked and would never return to the big ships.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

We did a B2B and our turnaround day was in Venice. We were actually waiting and the first people off the ship once it was cleared, and on our way to explore. We returned about half an hour before all aboard, treating it as a shore day. We didn't change cabins, although we did need to clear our account for the first week and reopen for the second, and also get new cabin keys issued. It was easy, no line at guest services, and our existing key got us back on the ship no problem. We did have to take passports with us to get off and back on in Venice.

• 2 weeks later...

Not a problem. Our boarding pass had the dayes for both cruises. We never had any problem. On the turn around day, we got off the ship. When we returned later, we got on without any problem. Our onboard credit carried over to the 2nd cruise. It was seamless. Best B2B ever.

We were told by guest relations that we didn't have to attend the lifeboat drill. We were in the Yacht Club drinking coffee when the drill was announced. We were told by crew members there that we had to go to our muster station. We to,d them that we had been told we were exempt. They ordered us to go. We went to our muster station. The crew member there ordered us to go back to our cabin and get our lifevests. Really? They backed off when I reminded her that ladt time we were told if we were not in our cabin life vests would be provided. She backed off. It wasn't the nicest start to. B2b 2nd cruise.