Limelight Club

milosfriend

I don't know why they told you this, but it's wrong.

We have been twice, both times booking in advance on line months before, and I'm afraid it makes no difference to where you sit.

The queues, as usual, start way before the doors open at 7pm - usually around 6:15/30pm, therefore, the people at the front get to choose where they sit first. Tables are not allocated (at least they weren't last year).

I can assure you that your seating is definitely organised and does not depend on yourplace in the queue. We always pre-ordered wine, I wonder how they knew which table to put it ?

The advantage of booking on-line ahead of your cruise is you are most likely to be seated at the front of the stage. I was advised that seating was prioritised as to booking date/time.

P&O tend to be very inflexible when it comes to specialty restaurant menus, my guess it will be take it or leave it even if you gave them notice.

We visited the Limelight on three occasions last December, the food was excellent, your starter is served then the performer give you a 15min opener, then the main course is served followed by the desert and coffee. The performance then continue for final 45mins.

Jaki Graham very poor, talked more than she sang - disappointing.

Madeline Bell again very disappointing should have retired years ago.

Dean Andrews was OK - the best of a poor bunch

Not really worth the £22/pp cover charge - unless you want to avoid the Black Tie hassle.

We booked on line, real early, and were seated at the back, which, as it turned out, was the best seats, because we could do a runner from the extremely poor Jaki Graham.

I recently cruised on Britannia in the Caribbean. On previous P&O cruises I have taken it was common for artists of whom I had heard to perform in the theatre. On this cruise there were none, but I had heard of all those performing in the Limelite Club - for an extra charge. Is this now P&O policy - put any artists anyone might of heard of in the Limelite Club - or was it just coincidence?

Edited by Denarius
spelling

We used the Limelight Lounge last July to see Darren Day. None of the acts during our 2 week cruise in 2015 appealed, so it was our first visit. We went into the venue earlier in the day and selected a table that we would like and when we arrived in the evening we were given it. Much to my surprise, Darren Day was very good and the meal was also very good, particularly the main course. I went with low expectations but very much enjoyed the experience and would do it again if the act appealed, but sadly most do not and they seem to repeat the same old 'has beens', most of whom I have never even heard of.

No it is not coincidence, you are now paying extra for the privilege of viewing what used to be free.

You don't have to go, but it is popular.

A very enjoyable evening and I never go to the entertainment as you know.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know whether it's a Britannia thing, or P&O thing, but the majority of people that post on these forums seem to do so just to have a whinge so I'll try to redress the balance.

We pre-booked the Limelight in advance last year (Aug for a Nov 2016 cruise) with Jaki Graham and we loved it. We happened to have a table right at the front of the stage, so I don't know if that's reflective of how far in advance we booked or not, but my guess is yes. However we were shown directly to the table on arrival so as far as I'm concerned that means it was pre-allocated.

We're not fussy eaters so found plenty of choice on the menu and it was one of the best cover charge meals we had on board. I guess it's horses for courses as far as whether you enjoy the act or not, but we did. It was a lovely chilled laid back atmosphere and made for a fitting last night on our cruise.

Don't know whether it's a Britannia thing, or P&O thing, but the majority of people that post on these forums seem to do so just to have a whinge so I'll try to redress the balance.

We pre-booked the Limelight in advance last year (Aug for a Nov 2016 cruise) with Jaki Graham and we loved it. We happened to have a table right at the front of the stage, so I don't know if that's reflective of how far in advance we booked or not, but my guess is yes. However we were shown directly to the table on arrival so as far as I'm concerned that means it was pre-allocated.

We're not fussy eaters so found plenty of choice on the menu and it was one of the best cover charge meals we had on board. I guess it's horses for courses as far as whether you enjoy the act or not, but we did. It was a lovely chilled laid back atmosphere and made for a fitting last night on our cruise.

We pre-booked both times we've tried The Limelight Club, but it was the year before last and last year and tables were definitely not allocated then. It appears this has changed.

However, we totally agree with you that the evening was enjoyable from start to finish. We saw the Eric and Ernie duo and a lady singer (can't remember her name) and thoroughly enjoyed both.