Itineraries for 2018?

dritan

Costa used to annouce their new itineraries / catalog around the end of February, even rumours tended to be true. It was always awaited with great anticipation and excitment as to what Costa would next, they were always at the fore front of cruise lines in openin up new markets.

Alass that is all now history, the new catalog should be out shortly, nothing new just the dates will be changed.

With 5 Costa ships now serving the Chinese market, Costa does not have the flexibility they used to have when deploying their ships. Costa has become a bus roue, with the classic bus conductor's answer "there'll be another one along in 5 minutes".

Shame that this have turned out the way they have.

When it comes to Costa, they are the worst putting out itineraries for next year or even some ships cruises for May this year as lots are booked fully by which port there main boarding is.

However easier to look on other sites rather they Costa then phone Costa for prices and true itinerary.

If you are doing a cruise with them or know some one is, for a French/German/ Italian brochure on board the itineraries are in the back four pages for most of the ships.

You could even look on their site at the Brochure starting at page 240 plus in the Italian Site.

Thanks for the tip, will give that a go.

I really enjoyed my recent Diadema cruise and would like to take the kids on one, but not if it's the same itinerary. A bit of variety would be nice.

G.M.T. - you are very familiar with Costa and active on this forum. I appreciate it, you almost always could give us some news:-)

Maybe do you know if Costa has any plans to change round route of Diadema (it is doing it from the begining in the fleet if I remember well). And when new ships will be deliverd/which market they will service. I am not sure if Costa did not inform sth about 2018...

Hi greg2014,

Not sure if this is a clue, but after speaking to Costa about cruises from Marseille, I was only offered the Diadema any week until June. But were still being offered from Savona which included Marseille.

The cruises for the period that goes from April 2018 to April 2019 are out on Costa's Italian website (http://www.costacrociere.it/B2C/I/Pages/Default.aspx)

You can also find a small online brochure with all the cruises listed here http://www.costacrociere.it/Brochure/IT/2017/annuale/index.html#

There aren't many new itineraries, only some in spring onboard Mediterranea and Favolosa in Northern Europe and neoClassica from Bari.

It has been told during an event onboard Pacifica at the beginning of this month reserved to some travel agencies and Italian cruise forums that Diadema will continue to do her itinerary until the christening of the new ship that will be in autumn 2019

G.M.T. - you are very familiar with Costa and active on this forum. I appreciate it, you almost always could give us some news:-)

Maybe do you know if Costa has any plans to change round route of Diadema (it is doing it from the begining in the fleet if I remember well). And when new ships will be deliverd/which market they will service. I am not sure if Costa did not inform sth about 2018...

Greg2014, you will not see much change to Costa's itineraries for the next two to three years, except for some ships wil be switched around.

The Diadema will plod along on her 7 day cycle cruises with the main ports, Savona, Marseilles, Barcelona, Palma and Civitavecchi, with La Speia sometimes being switched to Cagliari (may be also Ajaccio later). The new ships are due for delivery, two in 2019 (one for Europe and one for China), 2020 one for China and 2021 one for Europe. The two for Europe are based on new LNG technology, so for a season or two they will be deployed in Europe so they are not far from the ship builders if the have any problems.

Sorry not much information, I am also disappointed that there are no real highlights in the pipeline for Costa.

With Costa it is for me a longing for the good old days.