NCL Cabin Information Compilation -NO CABIN QUESTIONS POSTED HERE PLEASE!

jordans mom

Ship - Escape

Deck - 11

Stateroom # - 11312

Stateroom Category – H6 AFT Facing Penthouse with Balcony

Starboard or Port Side - I think Starboard

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – It was VERY quiet!

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - No

Balcony View - Gorgeous. Very large balcony, fit two tables and several chairs along with sun loungers

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - oversized

Was wind a problem? - No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - It was more of an irritation. We put towels down on everything.

Any specific problems with this cabin? - It is an alternate layout so the bathroom was next to the balcony and the bedroom was hidden in the back area, but I preferred this layout. Felt like I had more privacy in the bedroom.

Any other comments? - If you're considering a Haven aft facing penthouse, I HIGHLY recommend this one.

Ship - Escape

Deck - 15

Stateroom # - 15760

Stateroom Category – SPA Mini-Suite

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard

Quiet Stateroom? Reasonably quiet. Some noise at night when staff was cleaning the deck above (covered part of the pool deck) but it was never ridiculously late nor did it last for long. The noise would not have wakened me had I been asleep.

Balcony View - Toward the bridge of the ship. Had an unobstructed view of the ocean

Balcony Size? Normal.

Was wind a problem? - NO

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - N/A.

Any specific problems with this cabin? - None. Cabin was in good shape with plenty of storage space.

Any other comments? - Bed is next to the closet instead of balcony - I think I prefer this set-up. Very short walk to stairs - SPA is one floor up.

Ship - Escape

Deck - 13

Stateroom # - 13778

Stateroom Category – Mid Ship Balcony (BB)

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Reasonably Quiet. No real foot traffic, but the toilets on the ship are loud when flushed. You could hear that occasionally but I don't think that would be specific to this room.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Excellent View. No obstructions.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Over-sized due to angled balcony.

Was wind a problem? - Only due to stormy weather the first two days. Other than that, no.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? - None.

Any other comments? - Our cabin steward Asep was awesome! There was plenty of storage for two people and it was convenient being right by the doorway to the elevator. The foot traffic was surprisingly minimal and it made it quick and easy to access the elevators.

Ship - Epic

Deck - 17

Stateroom # - 17030

Stateroom Category – Deluxe Owner's Suite/Haven

Starboard or Port Side - Port

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Yes, but last night at sea crew was moving chairs and lounges around on the Haven's sun deck. Had to call and complain.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - Yes, you could connect to an adjacent suite.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Nice view of the pool deck (Deck 15) and you could also look forward along the Port side of the ship. Music and noise from the party deck was not an issue.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Massive, I think it was 124 sf. I wished there had been a table on the balcony where we could have eaten breakfast.

Was wind a problem? - No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - No, but when there was a crosswind you could smell exhaust fumes.

Any specific problems with this cabin? - Not enough 110/120 volt wall plugs

Any other comments? - Fantastic Suite!

Ship - GEM

Deck - 11

Stateroom # - 11548

Stateroom Category – MA Mini Suite

Quiet Stateroom? We heard occasional morning noises from chairs being moved around on deck - but it didn't bother us.

Balcony View - No obstructions. Slightly bigger overhang since it was the uppermost balcony, but it didn't detract from the view. In fact, on rainy days, we were able to spend time out there because of the slightly bigger overhang.

Balcony Size - Normal for Mini-suites

Was wind a problem? - Not any more than the usual wind on a mid-ship balcony cabin.

Any specific problems with this cabin? - Cabin was great. Easy walk to mid-ship elevators, and a quick trip up one flight to the Garden Cafe. While we were there they replaced the sofa bed in the cabin - so that's brand new.

Any other comments? We would stay in this cabin again - in a heartbeat. Our stateroom steward Vancio was the best we have ever had.

Ship - Getaway

Deck -10

Stateroom #10188

Stateroom Category - Mini Suite

Quiet Stateroom - very quiet, no inside cabins across hallway, close to forward elevator in forward midship area.

Balcony View - no obstructions,

Balcony Size - usual for mini suite / small. Contained 2 regular chairs, tiny table to hold a couple of glasses.

Any specific problems with this cabin - lack of chair in cabin required constant use of beds to sit on. With 3 in the cabin the sofa was made as bed and left as such daily ( our request for naps) but eliminated it as seating. A storage box under the desk functioned as storage, extra seat and mini table, just not sure how sanitary the concept is. Mini suite layout just longer than regular balcony so cost wise not much gain. Bathroom had messaging shower with bathroom and shower, space twice regular balcony cabin nice for person to change privately.

Any other comments - lots of storage but drawer under sofa difficult to open and one was used by steward as storage. Cabin very clean, exceptional steward.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Ship - Escape (March 2017)

Deck - 9

Stateroom # - 9798

Stateroom Category – Family Suite

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – NO! You can hear music from several of the bars (5'o'clock somewhere and the Atrium area). You can also hear people walking outside on 6 floor / shuffleboard area. Ear plugs are must!

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - Yes

Balcony View - No obstructions but you do overlook a 5 foot ledge that wraps around the entire ship. The lifeboats are a few feet from there.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Decent size. 2 standard chairs and side table with room to spare.

Was wind a problem? - No

Any specific problems with this cabin? - Noisy!

Any other comments? -The cabin is extremely convenient but noisy. The cabin did have a good sized bathroom with tub and double sink. The room was modern and the decor nice. We were assigned the cabin as an upgrade from the bidding process. We will not participate in that program again unless bidding on a Haven Suite.

Ship - Dawn (March 2017)

Deck - 9

Stateroom # - 9232

Stateroom Category – Aft Penthouse Suite

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard Aft

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Yes

Balcony View - Great view of where we've been.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal.

Was wind a problem? - No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - No

Any specific problems with this cabin? - None

Any other comments?

Breakaway

Deck 12 starboard

Category family balcony

Noisy area. You will not hear the elevators but will hear everyone getting on and off them. You will also hear a lot of children every time splash academy opens, closes or takes them somewhere. Also as this is the first room in the hall with no wall between you and elevator area, you will hear every single announcement in your cabin. People also tend to talk loudly right outside your door since it takes passing a few rooms before they remember they r not in a public space anymore.

Getaway

mini suite

Extremely noisy cabin until around 11:30 pm every night. It sounds like the music is being played right in the cabin. Do not book this cabin if you go to bed before midnight.

I booked a cabin in this area and am thinking of changing it based on this comment. What venue was the music coming from?

I booked a cabin in this area and am thinking of changing it based on this comment. What venue was the music coming from?

Our party had 9210 and 9244, and they were both quiet cabins. A deck or so higher might be a good option just to be sure. Some nights it was the piano player and some nights it was a band.

Ship - Norwegian Gem

Deck - 11

Stateroom # - 11130

Stateroom Category – MB (Mini suite)

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Yes and No

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Great

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal

Was wind a problem? - No

Any specific problems with this cabin? - Yes. Every night my wife was awakened (I could sleep through a bombing raid), usually around 2 to 3 A.M. by banging noises. There were sudden bangs followed by a period of quiet then another bang. On the last night she finally woke me up to hear them and we realized they were coming from above, not below or the sides. She went up one deck to the buffet to find it closed for cleaning and she watched the crew picking up chairs, one at a time and dropping them to the side, with a bang, to clean under them. She loudly explained how this was disturbing her sleep and they were more careful after that, but we disembarked the next day. Not her favorite cruise.

Any other comments? - We leave again next week for a transatlantic cruise on NCL.

I must be an idiot!

Where's the PDF from the Original Poster ?

Thanks

Oh yes I am.

Unlike all the other threads I can't get the "Search this thread" to work!

Thanks for your help.

Messege from Cruise Critic: "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms." :cool:

I agree... The OP is gone.

If Cruise Critic won't tell us how to find information,

they should just delete the whole thread.

Edited by $hip$hape

Ship - Breakaway

Deck - 8

Stateroom # - 8722

Stateroom Category – Balcony

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – The stateroom was very quiet. From the balcony you get a nice wave breaking sound when the ship is travelling due to the room's location near the front of the ship.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Great View with no Obstructions

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Oversized Balcony. Very deep due to it's location. Big enough that it had 2 lounge chairs, 2 regular chairs, a large table and a small table

Was wind a problem? - Wind was not a problem

Any specific problems with this cabin? - Remote for TV is wonky and broken lounge chair.

Any other comments? -Good size bathroom with a great shower. Could use more storage - we maxed it out with just my wife & I. The deck was superb and because of the location there was very little hall traffic. Also has a forward facing bed. Would take this cabin again.

Ship - Escape

Deck - Eight

Stateroom # - 8128

Stateroom Category – Large Balc Mini-Suite

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Very quiet - no problems

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - didn't notice

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. - Excellent - no obstructions, but about 2/3 of the balc is open to above.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Oversize balcony but normal for this class

Was wind a problem? - no

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - NA

Any specific problems with this cabin? - None

Any other comments? - Greeat location, but not a super private balcony, but it is a HUGE balcony. A group of us booked 4 in a row thinking we could open the balconies for a large party (we had a total of 30 cabins in our group) but the Steward said he couldn't open them No big deal, just something to be aware of. We would def. consider this cabin agan.

QUOTEmultiquote_off.gif

• 1 month later...

Ship - Norwegian Dawn

Deck - 9

Stateroom # - 9230

Stateroom Category – BC

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Yes as it was the last cabin on the starboard side

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – No obstructions

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal - with 2 chairs and a table

Was wind a problem? - No wind on the Boston Bermuda cruise

Any specific problems with this cabin? - Only issue was the bottom drawer in the credenza never stayed completely shut but it didn't interfere with our enjoyment.

Any other comments? - You do feel the motion this far aft

May 2017 - Boston - Bermuda

Ship - Norwegian Dawn

Deck - 9

Stateroom # - 9222

Stateroom Category – B3

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Yes - I never saw or heard our neighbors until the last morning!

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - yes, but we were not connecting

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – no obstructions. In Bermuda, we were dock-side - could hear music from pub across the way, but not with the door closed, Being dock-side we had fabulous sunsets

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal - with 2 chairs and a table

Was wind a problem? - only when the weather was windy

Any specific problems with this cabin? - nope

Any other comments? - close to aft stairwell, easy access to garden cafe, gym, Los Lobos, and Venetian - a good spot!

NCL Escape

Cabin 11740

It's quite a hike to the elevators from this cabin, especially if you are going to the Garden Cafe at the aft of the ship. Also there is a shuffleboard game below the balcony and even though it's several floors down, you can hear clanking noises when there are people playing the game. Because of that I do not recommend this cabin.

DSCN3971.jpg

May 2017– TA, Tampa to Southampton

Ship - Norwegian Jade

Deck - 10

Stateroom # - 10016

Stateroom Category – Balcony

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Yes – Mostly, no noise but couldsometimes hear talking from the next cabon

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - no

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructionswas an issue. – no obstructions.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal - with 2 chairs and atable

Was wind a problem? - only when the weather was windy

Any specific problems with this cabin? – just after the refurb so everythingwas great

Any other comments? – Close to forward stairwell. Up two for spa and pool,straight down for theater.

Ship - Gem

Deck - 8

Stateroom # - 8058

Stateroom Category – Obstructed Oceanview

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Yes. Kids next door were noisy at 3 a.m. but only once. Otherwise very few noises intruded. Quieter than any of the inside cabins I've been in.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – N/A

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - N/A

Was wind a problem? - No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - Forward cabin, no soot but, then, no opening window.

Any specific problems with this cabin? - Door lock was flaky, sometimes wouldn't lock.

Any other comments? - Window 2/3 blocked by lifeboat. Windows filthy dirty. I thought the artwork was ugly.

This was our cabin on our recent Boston-to-Bermuda cruise:

Ship - Norwegian Dawn

Deck - 10

Stateroom # - 10230

Stateroom Category – B1

Starboard or Port Side - Aft-facing (barely on starboard side)

Balcony View - Beautiful aft view of the wake of the ship -- or whatever aft view you have while docked!

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Huge balcony -- deep, fits 2 loungers and 2 chairs! Only chairs are provided unless you request loungers from room steward

Was wind a problem? - No

Any specific problems with this cabin? - If sitting out on balcony while ship is underway, there is no way to secure the balcony door to keep it from sliding back and forth. Request a small door stopper from Maintenance to address this problem.

Any other comments? - Only one 110 volt outlet in cabin (plus shaver outlet in bathroom). There were also 220 volt outlets (one near closet, one for TV/coffeemaker). Bring a power strip and/or international adapters. No outlet near the bedside -- I used a USB battery charger to power my phone by my bedside each night.

This was my parents' cabin on our recent Boston-to-Bermuda cruise:

Ship - Norwegian Dawn

Deck - 10

Stateroom # - 10700

Stateroom Category – BB (accessible cabin)

Starboard or Port Side - Port side

Balcony View - Nice port-side view, no obstructions

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Huge balcony -- wide due to oversized accessible cabin layout. There is a carpeted wheelchair ramp up to the raised balcony so that a wheelchair can be pushed up onto the balcony.

Was wind a problem? - No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - not applicable

Any specific problems with this cabin? - The biggest issue with this cabin is the big steel pillar in the opening of the cabin. My mother was traveling with a regular wheelchair and a motorized scooter. When the scooter was parked by the entrance (the only place to put it while it was plugged in to recharge), the manual wheelchair would not fit between the pillar and the scooter. For this reason, I would think twice about reserving this cabin for someone who needs both a scooter and a wheelchair. Mom also had issues holding open the bathroom door while she tried to push herself up over the ramp into the bathroom, but that was eventually fixed by disconnecting the pneumatic door closer so that the door simply stayed all the way open.

Any other comments? -

The location of this cabin was great -- right near the aft elevators, so that a person in a wheelchair or scooter does not have to travel down a long hallway full of laundry carts to get to the elevators.

Only one 110 volt outlet in cabin (plus shaver outlet in bathroom). There were also 220 volt outlets (one near closet, one for TV/coffeemaker). Bring a power strip and/or international adapters.