1st time cruise, what time does ship sail

lottielane

Hi can anyone help, we are going on our 1st cruise, with p and o, and we are due to land in Malta at 18.30pm ,this seems rather late to be embarking the ship as I know dinner is served first sitting at this time, also I'm assuming that we would need to have a safety briefing, before it departs. I can't find any details of what time the ship leaves the dock, and realise that they will be aware of the timings of the flights as it was all part of the p and o package. But would appreciate anyone who has done this cruise or similar timings who could reassure me.! Thank you.:D

Thank you Josy! It leaves at 21.00 pm , is it likely the drill will be done separately with the earlier arrivals? I think we can assume we will be on second sitting, although I thought they did a send off from port party, but people will be at dinner ,is that normal ? :confused: Sorry for all the questions!

If a flight is delayed they may well delay departure until after 21.00. On my other cruise line they once delayed a 10pm departure to about 1am as the last incoming flight had mechanical problems in the UK and needed a spare part fitted. There is more flexibility if the first day is a sea day.

Can't remember the timings except that it was a late sailaway in Malta three weeks ago. I realise you have to fit in having a meal plus drill but if you can manage to be on deck for the sailaway it is quite impressive with the extensive fortifications illuminated on both sides of the harbour. Definitely worth seeing if you can - it's one of the memorable ones. Enjoy.