Please: compare P&O and Cunard

Canuker

Looks like ive hit a nerve here remember we are all entitled to our opinions and we are also entitled to disagree.

Enjoy your cruising whichever cruise line you choose.

I am simply surprised you have endured four cruises with a two star service. How many Cunard four star cruises have you done?

Regards John

two, dont take it all so personal the first 2 cruises were maybe 3 star but standards have slipped again these are only my personal feelings.this is not just applicable to P&O many companies are chasing the bottom line and often customer service is the first thing to go.

Others have covered most of the major areas for comparison pretty well but here are some odd bits of information.

Cunard

If you select Queen Mary2 there is a wonderful planetarium and a walk through time line museum onboard.

Cunard have quirky things like a jigsaw that everyone puts in a few pieces as they pass.( removal of the jigsaw if one of the first signs that they have a bug onboard so it is a good barometer)

They do a ship tour telling you the history of the line. They have kept bits and pieces from other ships over the years and if you like history this is interesting to hear about. (It was best on the old QE2 when you could even see where first class ended and 2nd / steerage began)

The ships have lovely dance floors, we even had a Ceilidh onboard one cruise with full ceilidh band which we have never had on P&O.

The Grills experience is excellent so if you are booking a suite, in my opinion Cunard is the much better choice as there are many more perks than on P&O and the food is really good in the queens grill.

I like the library / book shop

There is more sense of occasion at the afternoon teas in the way it is done, music etc

P&O

Again just my opinion but the pay for select restaurants are better. More choice and more interesting eg Sindu

There is more sense of fun at the sail away (not everyone's cup of tea but many enjoy).

There is less snobbery, I have met one or two truly obnoxious snobs on Cunard who think they own the ship because they are in a suite and treat the staff poorly but not so on P&O.

I have generally found the cruisers in P&O a more chatty bunch.

The big advantage as others have said is the pricing in pounds.

Both provide a good holiday, it just depends on your personal preferences. Overall in my opinion Cunard provide a better overall product but then you tend to pay more for it as well.