Son wore dress shorts in MDR and survived!!

Pier290

I couldn't have said it better. If CruiseCritic is any indication of the majority of X cruisers' date=' the decline will be faster and WILL be coming. X is going to lose many customers to the higher end lines if the trend toward this decline continues. Many have chosen Celebrity for it's refined elegance, but many on here seem to think that "evening chic" can be interpreted in any way they choose. Including football shirts, shorts, and even hats in the dining room.

Carnival is a nice product for their demographic and for pricing. However, what I am observing is the lushes are "jumping ship" (excuse the bad pun) to Celebrity for the drink package.

It's sad, but then again it's always about money, and I guess Celebrity cares more about the bottom line profit than about refinement and elegance.[/quote']

Well said. Bravo.

My children wear what their parents tell them to wear. We are also not their "friends". Since the rules are known ahead of time, we strictly conform. I pay extra to be on a ship that doesn't resemble a Walmart free for all.

OMG!!! OP put out an informational post. It amazes me how much can be said about an 11 year old behaving nicely in a polo, shorts and topsiders. And then....down the rabbit hole it went. How many more threads about shorts, sandals, and parenting? i'm finished ranting....sorry

[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Forums mobile app