Concierge Embarkation Lunch Yime

jasm8449

I believe it was 12:30 for our cruise a few weeks ago, not sure when they stop admitting people but people were still coming in around 1:45

Sent from my iPad using Forums

On our October cruise it started at 11:30 and ended 1:30. We were in at 12 and out at 1 so I don't know how they handled late comers.

In December on Eclipse they stopped seating at 1:00PM. As stated, the menu is limited, but we thoroughly enjoyed the lamb chops. It was a lovely and relaxing way to begin our cruise. We felt pampered with our carry on luggage being stored for us while sitting at a lovely white cloth covered table being served instead of jockeying for space in the buffet and stepping around all the carry on luggage there. We ordered wine with our lunch and relaxed until our cabins were ready.

Definitely 11:30am to 1:00pm. Last week on Silhouette, we were given small invitation card at check in and told verbally of arrangements.TBH, we were underwhelmed, the menu was pretty poor; short ribs, roast chicken or pasta. Service was slow, drinks service was even slower!

The upside of course is that there is no hassle with seating, which can be a problem in Ocean View.

Definitely 11:30am to 1:00pm. Last week on Silhouette, we were given small invitation card at check in and told verbally of arrangements.TBH, we were underwhelmed, the menu was pretty poor; short ribs, roast chicken or pasta. Service was slow, drinks service was even slower!

The upside of course is that there is no hassle with seating, which can be a problem in Ocean View.

I have to admit I was surprised at the menu choices on Summit as well....not that the food wasn't good, it was, but the choices were odd for a first meal on board: lamb chops, fish or pasta...since I'm a plant eater I didn't care, but DH is a carnivore and came over to my side for that meal!!

As I recall, there were also soup and salad options available as well as dessert options. We love lamb and really enjoyed the lamb chops. We enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere as much ( or more than?) the food. We found it nice to sit in a comfy chair without dragging around our carry-on luggage and be served. Although others on here have commented that they may have found the service slow, we found it leisurely and very pleasant after the hassle of embarkation. It was a nice way to pass the time while waiting for our cabins to be ready. In addition, since we always make the MDR one of our first stops on embarkation day to check that our dining requests were honored, we were able to dine and check with the maître d at the same time, all while relaxing. And we had a lovely table by the window.:)