Reflection TA eastbound 21 April - Live!!!

UKPete71

I was also disappointed in the offerings for booking onboard and hope they improve throughout this cruise!

It seems like they are really trying to do a fantastic job for lunch in the OVC. The food is much better, IMHO than Blu. The LCG had great ribeye steaks and was not crowded. Also, tonight we are going to Luminae to see how the food is there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkd33ab7762a0bc43d70f447c11acce860.jpg

It seems like they are really trying to do a fantastic job for lunch in the OVC. The food is much better, IMHO than Blu. The LCG had great ribeye steaks and was not crowded. Also, tonight we are going to Luminae to see how the food is there.

We went to the Oceanview Cafe days 1 & 2 and sat out the back looking out over the aft. There seemed to be plenty of room outside, not so much inside.

Knowing we'd have no trouble sitting in the MDR for lunch, coupled with the ship tour finishing there it made sense for us to go there today.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Our afternoon consisted of a bit of time at the Sunset Bar. It's definitely a must for sea days, sitting there looking out over the aft over a drink or three!

15f620b60d34be4556c51fac2a019ac7.jpg

After some downtime we were back in the MDR for dinner.

a43b6cf4054ea44ea621187fa8cc85fb.jpg

60cbecebc9fb40080f71630ae3b9dcf7.jpg

This is the leaflet that was left in our cabin yesterday.

a875665f4b01a35da8158cb29ec8a149.jpg

9ab92885d3e5082070f6b50c2133f455.jpg

Now that's more like it! :) Much better than a bottle of wine being sent to the cabin. :rolleyes: Thank you!

I'll be checking back in to see if you have found the Captains Club hostess and if she will be staying onboard. ;)

Looking forward to reading more, too! :hearteyes:

Here's the Celebrity Today for Monday 24th April.

ba40b4e677aef417bcd8eb1a3f792ce7.jpg

6d2b9fc3b3e03d3349b41a54a822c5dc.jpg

f1f12ca9f604e75d0d505547e9f14cb4.jpg

9aa4a300ece31998d695c2c151deb626.jpg

On this cruise the theatre shows are scheduled for 7pm and 9pm. On previous cruises we've done I'm sure they were 8pm and 10pm.

The first two days we went to the early show, then ate. Tonight we thought we'd try the other way round as we've Select Dining. When we got to the MDR just after 7pm we had a 30 minute wait to sit in an area with the waiter/assistant waiter we'd had the previous night. The downside to this is by the time we finished dinner we missed the beginning of the show, Elysium. I think we'll be back to the early shows for the rest of this cruise if the timings remain the same.

After the show there was a game show in the Reflection Theatre, 'The Wedding Games'. We've taken part in such a show on Eclipse twice before and they've been fun.

a671f0fb479d662703c8deb692da9f95.jpg

On Eclipse they were in Celebrity Central, rather than the theatre. I think the smaller venue is better suited to it personally but it has been used to show films each evening so far.

We're on our second clock change tonight, so will be on GMT-2 tomorrow. When setting the time on my phone I established GMT-2 is the time zone for South Georgia in Antarctica. You learn something new every day.

Enjoying reading this thread along with the pictures. We're sailing on the Reflection in little over a month and the excitement is starting to kick in. In spite of cruising on her sister ship thrice, we hadn't seen the sunset bar and we're definitely going to have a couple of drinks there. Keep those pictures coming. Cheers!

Thanks for all the info. My wife to be and I will be taking our first cruise on Reflection on July 21st so this is all very helpful. (I think I might actually be spoiling the experience a little, but I can't stop).

We were thinking of splashing out for speciality dining on a few nights. In researching what nights we might go for that I'd read somewhere that the menu is little nicer in the MDR on formal nights (rack of lamb, lobster, etc.), but the menu you've posted above looks similar to other nights.

Does anyone know whether it's just the luck of the draw, or are there nights we should definitely stick with the MDR? Would they perhaps let us see the menus in advance if we ask?

I know they offer discounts on speciality dining on the first night, but I think we'll probably go to Opus that night just to get the lay of the land.

On an entirely different note, does anyone know what the entry fee to the poker tournaments are? I'm not going to spend my honeymoon playing poker, but one game on a see day might be okay :)

Now that's more like it! :) Much better than a bottle of wine being sent to the cabin. :rolleyes:

That "Bottle of Wine" was an inducement to book a future cruise on the first day. Of course the 2Perks deal still exits !

Thanks for thread - the information and the pictures are great.

We're on the Reflection in September for our first Celebrity cruise, so I'm really enjoying following along.

A question - we are planning to try some of the specialty restaurants. Is it better to book on board hoping there are discounts, or should I use the OBC I have to book a package before we sail?

Thanks for all the info. My wife to be and I will be taking our first cruise on Reflection on July 21st so this is all very helpful. (I think I might actually be spoiling the experience a little, but I can't stop).

We were thinking of splashing out for speciality dining on a few nights. In researching what nights we might go for that I'd read somewhere that the menu is little nicer in the MDR on formal nights (rack of lamb, lobster, etc.), but the menu you've posted above looks similar to other nights.

Does anyone know whether it's just the luck of the draw, or are there nights we should definitely stick with the MDR? Would they perhaps let us see the menus in advance if we ask?

I know they offer discounts on speciality dining on the first night, but I think we'll probably go to Opus that night just to get the lay of the land.

On an entirely different note, does anyone know what the entry fee to the poker tournaments are? I'm not going to spend my honeymoon playing poker, but one game on a see day might be okay :)

Just off the Reflection last week and to be honest, we ate only in the Tuscan Grille and were "under-whelmed" It was ok, but certainly not $100.00 better than the main dining room, which was excellent. After that experience, we stuck with the main dining room. Lobster was the second formal night.

This afternoon there was a Slot Pull for people on our roll call. It was $15 each to take part, with 3 pulls of the maximum bet of $5. A total of 35 people took part.

1b6973da8396ef7139f8668422f8d06a.jpg

14dff5d6a66abcb815fc3d211e8508f6.jpg

8098f0069c18dbef412b7bf42e392a23.jpg

The winnings were pooled together and split (rounded down to the nearest $) across the group, with the person who 'won' the most on their turn getting the balance.

8cd66d2bbe2042639076b7a94d9eb42a.jpg

Each person ended up with $12, with the highest slot puller getting an extra $15. They were also given a trophy! [emoji41]

e95800066ab50ff3b20c233adaf52674.jpg

The slot pull lasted about 45 minutes and was great fun with everyone cheering each other on!

Just off the Reflection last week and to be honest, we ate only in the Tuscan Grille and were "under-whelmed" It was ok, but certainly not $100.00 better than the main dining room, which was excellent. After that experience, we stuck with the main dining room. Lobster was the second formal night.

You paid, IMHO, way too much for Tuscan. Getting a package and trying several restaurant, especially Murano may have given you a better view and price...The LCG has a great menu too. Tuscan is my least favorite of all. Sorry that you had to have that experience!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You paid, IMHO, way too much for Tuscan. Getting a package and trying several restaurant, especially Murano may have given you a better view and price...The LCG has a great menu too. Tuscan is my least favorite of all. Sorry that you had to have that experience!

How much should Tuscan be ?

Thanks for your advice (also sorry for hijacking your great thread Pabellamy).

I think we'll see how the main dining room goes for the first night or two, and then we might splash out on the three speciality restaurants for ~$100 per person. (I think the regular price, which is often dicounted, is ~$50 per person, per restaurant, which would explain the price of the Tuscan Grill).

I like the sound of Murano and TG. Sushi on Five looks great too, but I think that's fully a la carte so not includede in speciality packages.

How much should Tuscan be ?

It really depends on which package you get, along with if you want to go on the first night. Since we are traveling with two other couples this time, we booked our reservations earlier, so we paid $108 for three dinners and can go to any restaurants. The more dinners, the cheaper the price. You can also negotiate a little if they are looking for customers...happy hunting!

Last night's show in the theatre was American comedian Bengt Washburn.

4dcd66f8a2c508193a576dffb26fa775.jpg

After the show in the Entertainment Court there was a Celebrity Life Activity, 'Win It In A Minute' between Officers and Guests. There were five games, the first to three won.

Cup stacking and unstacking was the first game - Guests won. [emoji41]

a1928881ef74b91bfc4713abd7db60ea.jpg

One of the other games was to remove all of the tissues from a box. The Officer stormed it!

d76fa72549897778f05cf116683da463.jpg

It was 2-2 going into the final game, which involved two guests and two officers. One had to bounce a ping pong ball into a cup tied around the waste of their team mate. The guests went first and got 3. The officers, needing 4 to win somehow managed 11. [emoji54]

From there we went to the MDR for dinner.

096d5a9f7d8cd264a21199a6bd162956.jpg

There's no dessert menu for last night, sorry, as we were finished after the main course.

After dinner I retired for the evening, however my DW went up to the Solarium where the was a silent disco.

aed71d01435f59a5994ddefbd4cd928e.jpg