Beware of booking airfare thru Choice Air

cruisinislife

I just thought I would post my dealings with choice air. We booked with choice air and flew into Fort Lauderdale on 1/6/2017 for our celebrity reflection cruise. We were at the airport when the tragedy of the shooting took place. Delta refunded our air line tickets to choice air in January. I have been fighting choice air to get my refund back for over 4 months. I have talked to every supervisor there and even sent all documentation that Delta sent me showing the refund, even the last 4 of the t/a credit card number it was refunded to.. Choice air said they had to email there accounting department(which is rccl) because they have no direct phone number. It is absurd. Every time I have called, which has been numerous times they were suppose to call me back and I have never received a call back. I just wanted to share my experiences, and after checking I have seen other people with same problem. They might be ok if you don't need a refund. I have now disputed the charges with the bank.

Thanks for this info. I always iike to book my own air and be in control of every aspect and the airlines always seem to help those booked directly with them first. Did you book directly with Celebrity or with a travel agent? If through an agent, they should be able to work with their rep and resolve this issue for you more quickly.

One idea might be to file a grievance with the credit card you used to pay it with. Explain to them the facts,

• you paid for the service
  • didn't use it because of the shooting
  • airline paid vendor
  • vendor wont return cash

American Express will credit it back the same day, while VISA and Mastercard will generally do it in a few weeks max.

Edited by johhnnyt

I booked with Celebrity. I have talked to customer service at Celebrity and they have even called over for me, but they told me that I really had to deal with Choice Air. When the Celebrity rep called, Choice Air told them the same thing they told me. They have an email sent to accounting department.

Wow!! That sounds like you are getting quite the run around. I, too, have had trouble in the past with Choice Air but have two bookings with them for later in the year. I hope I don't regret that choice. One way was easy to get booked but the way there cost me over 2 hours on the phone until they could straighten things out and get my flights booked. It all looks to be in order now and the only reason I used them was to have my flights and cruise all covered under the same insurance umbrella. Maybe that was my mistake....hope not.

There was one other time, the only time I used this service prior to this flight and whoa ... what a disaster. Nothing like yours ... but still quite frustrating!

United kept changing our flight so not all the fault of Choice Air ... but it certainly did complicate things. I guess I will see how this next one goes and determine if I will use it again after that cruise. I am more or less going to try to stick to those cruises closer to home after that cruise, though ... maybe ones that don't require any flying. That would be nice!!

Be sure to check back in and let us know how it all works out for you. Sorry you had to go through that tragic event down at FLL.

We booked through Choice Air for flights returning from Europe. Due to airline mechanical problems, we missed our London connection, had to be rebooked through JFK and went economy instead of premium economy. I spent a week going through British Airways and Choice Air. One said it was the others problem and I was getting sick of the round around. I finally called Celebrity and said I needed someone to step up and take responsibility to get me a refund for the higher price I had paid for the premium seats over economy. Celebrity was great - they made calls and when they could not get choice air to do the refund - Celebrity gave us the refund of $1,000. Thank you Celebrity. Call Celebrity and ask for their help

We booked through Choice Air for flights returning from Europe. Due to airline mechanical problems, we missed our London connection, had to be rebooked through JFK and went economy instead of premium economy. I spent a week going through British Airways and Choice Air. One said it was the others problem and I was getting sick of the round around. I finally called Celebrity and said I needed someone to step up and take responsibility to get me a refund for the higher price I had paid for the premium seats over economy. Celebrity was great - they made calls and when they could not get choice air to do the refund - Celebrity gave us the refund of $1,000. Thank you Celebrity. Call Celebrity and ask for their help

I'm following this thread very closely because I booked my flights with Choice for the very first time for my August B2B. I got such a good deal on business class I couldn't not book it....I hope it doesn't turn out to be a "get what you pay for" deal. We usually book our own through Lufthansa or KLM but I got non-stop with Virgin Atlantic so I took the deal. So far I've chosen my seats and have no complaints.....but then I haven't had any problems yet either.

I'm following this thread very closely because I booked my flights with Choice for the very first time for my August B2B. I got such a good deal on business class I couldn't not book it....I hope it doesn't turn out to be a "get what you pay for" deal. We usually book our own through Lufthansa or KLM but I got non-stop with Virgin Atlantic so I took the deal. So far I've chosen my seats and have no complaints.....but then I haven't had any problems yet either.

Even though I have posted that I have had a couple of issues with Choice Air, I do think that the issues in that first flight were actually caused by the airline. I checked on our reservation and they changed our flight without even notifying us. It was to depart well before the ship would have even been cleared for disembarkation. Plus, they changed the flights for others in our group ... went through quite the runaround as Choice Air stated it was the airline and the airline just tried to blame it on Choice Air. Well, I did find out the change in flights is always caused by the airline. However, the airline changed our flight on us 4 times and the last time around, the supervisor I spoke to was so belligerent that he actually wouldn't even assign us any seats and only re-routed half our group to a different flight. I was livid but did get it all straightened out. Even though it was the airline that kept pulling this funny business on us (and we booked first class and also the insurance), Choice Air did absolutely zero to help us rejoin our group and get our original seats back. It all worked out in the end but not until after countless hours and oodles of frustration being on the phone.

The other frustration came about recently when we tried to book an extra seat and that really threw them for a loop. I checked with the airline previously on how to accomplish this but to no avail when they tried to book it for me. They were so willing to just hang up and say they couldn't help us. Seriously? Have you never had a pax of size try to book airfare before?? He said they do it all the time but their 'system' wouldn't let him do it for us. What?? Can you please look into that?? Well, after over two hours ... they finally got it done. I don't fly out until later this year though so not saying it worked but the airline does note that we have those 3 seats ... which we paid for, by the way!!

I hope your flights all work out ... and hope mine do as well.

Several years ago, we used Choice Air coming home from Barcelona to Phoenix, via London, on British Air. When we had booked it, there was supposed to be about an hour and 45 minute layover at Heathrow. We were a little concerned about the length based on some of the war stories we've heard about the airport. We were late leaving Barcelona and had less than an hour once we touched down. Just before landing, a flight attendant told us there would be a British Air rep waiting for us at the gate. The rep fast tracked us through the airport and we made our flight. The astonishing thing is they got our luggage to the plane in time also. I don't know that it would have been any better if we had booked directly through British Air.

We've used Choice Air seven times and that's the only hint of any problem and it wasn't because of them. We pay about 1/4 the amount the airlines charge and we get to pick our sets and get all the attention and meals and drinks that full paying customers get.

This, like many other things, is an isolated problem...99% of us will never have any issues with them. I sure wouldn't worry if I had future flights booked through them on the very small chance that something might go wrong.

Most of the time, choice air is just a conduit, booking regular tickets on airlines we choose...I have read on past threads of them doing some group bookings, but I think that is very infrequent.

The way I have used them in the past (twice) and once coming up this summer is I know exact flights I want, have them book and immediately can go to the actual airline site to make any changes I need to take care of (seats mostly)

So grateful for those that had no problems and even positive experiences on Choice Air chime in. That makes me feel so much better about using this service. It has given me peace of mind with connecting with the cruise and being insured to boot.

Thanks so much!

To OP, just curious about refund. You said u were at airport(meaning you flew in already). Did delta cancel your return flight? Is that what generated the refund?

I believe Delta refunded the fares for all their passengers who were in the airport at the time the shooting occurred, due to the terrible experience (and of course extended delays) they all went through. The shooting was certainly not Delta's fault but the refunds were done in the interests of customer care/customer service.

. I just wanted to share my experiences, and after checking I have seen other people with same problem. They might be ok if you don't need a refund. I have now disputed the charges with the bank.

Thank you! My DH has been considering booking through Choice Air and I have a not so good feeling about this. I would rather he book a major airline even if it cost a few bucks more. I like being in control of the reservation.

. I just wanted to share my experiences, and after checking I have seen other people with same problem. They might be ok if you don't need a refund. I have now disputed the charges with the bank.

Thank you! My DH has been considering booking through Choice Air and I have a not so good feeling about this. I would rather he book a major airline even if it cost a few bucks more. I like being in control of the reservation.

This was my feeling too! BUT I am addicted to business class and the fares on Lufthansa and KLM were off the charts...so I went to Choice just to see what they had and up popped Virgin Atlantic. I admit I've never flown them before but the do have a good reputation with Trip Advisor so I went to VA website and picked out the flights I wanted (doing a B2B) then went to Choice and had them price it.....it was $2,000 less than booking with airline directly. I also just checked my reservation with VA on their website and so far everything I wanted is listed from seats to w/c assistance.....so here's hoping and I'll let you all know in September how it worked. :D

I've always found the same thing. For conventional round trip airfares they are nothing special. But on open end or one segment flights to/from Europe or Asia though you can't beat the prices that Choice Air offers even for business class.

This was my feeling too! BUT I am addicted to business class and the fares on Lufthansa and KLM were off the charts...so I went to Choice just to see what they had and up popped Virgin Atlantic. I admit I've never flown them before but the do have a good reputation with Trip Advisor so I went to VA website and picked out the flights I wanted (doing a B2B) then went to Choice and had them price it.....it was $2,000 less than booking with airline directly. I also just checked my reservation with VA on their website and so far everything I wanted is listed from seats to w/c assistance.....so here's hoping and I'll let you all know in September how it worked. :D

I've always found the same thing. For conventional round trip airfares they are nothing special. But on open end or one segment flights to/from Europe or Asia though you can't beat the prices that Choice Air offers even for business class.

As I posted in a similar thread.....

We are taking a TA on Silhouette from Rome to Ft Lauderdale in November this year. It will be preceded by a thirty day land tour which will start in London. We called ChoiceAir for one-way tickets to London. We explained the very early arrival versus the cruise debarkation date, as well as the reason for the different cities (London vs Rome) - all of which wasn't an issue at all.

The price was the best part $252 each - $504 for both my wife and I from the Rochester, NY area to London. That is MUCH less than every other price we could find. Many prices were in the $1500-$2000 range. So, it seems that international prices through ChoiceAir can sometimes be substantially cheaper than other options.

Just checked ChoiceAir this morning for our xmas 2017 flight. Put in the exact dates, times, and carrier I had already priced, and Choice air was about 50pp less expensive. This is on West Jet, and I would like to book Plus seats, but it looks like I don't have that choice with ChoiceAir. Might call them tomorrow.

Just checked ChoiceAir this morning for our xmas 2017 flight. Put in the exact dates, times, and carrier I had already priced, and Choice air was about 50pp less expensive. This is on West Jet, and I would like to book Plus seats, but it looks like I don't have that choice with ChoiceAir. Might call them tomorrow.

Jay, there's no guarantee, but I did the same thing...shopped till I found the airline and flights that suited me, THEN called Choice Air and asked for their price for the same class and flights on Virgin Atlantic....not good with arithmetic, but savings on business class was substantial enough for me to say "WOW....book it"! I asked about seats after checking with seatguru and having a clear idea of which seats I did NOT want and they gave me a reservation # and told me to contact VA. I did and I was given the seats I wanted and arranged for a w/c. I don't know anything about West Air, but it could be that as long as you have a reservation # they'll let you book your seats.... of course depending on what their policy is. So, in a nutshell....call them....I found them very easy to deal with.

To the OP, maybe I'm tired or am just reading your post wrong. If I understand it, you completed your flight to Ft. Lauderdale. Is that correct, if so, what is the refund for?

Was it a goodwill gesture by Delta? The reason I ask, did Choice Air have to rebook you on any alternate flights? If so, did they use the Delta refund to offset the cost of those flights?

Sorry, but just trying to understand if you flew or had your trip cancelled because of the shootings.

Thanks for this info. I always iike to book my own air and be in control of every aspect and the airlines always seem to help those booked directly with them first. Did you book directly with Celebrity or with a travel agent? If through an agent, they should be able to work with their rep and resolve this issue for you more quickly.

One idea might be to file a grievance with the credit card you used to pay it with. Explain to them the facts,

• you paid for the service
  • didn't use it because of the shooting
  • airline paid vendor
  • vendor wont return cash

American Express will credit it back the same day, while VISA and Mastercard will generally do it in a few weeks max.

Wow!! That sounds like you are getting quite the run around. I, too, have had trouble in the past with Choice Air but have two bookings with them for later in the year. I hope I don't regret that choice. One way was easy to get booked but the way there cost me over 2 hours on the phone until they could straighten things out and get my flights booked. It all looks to be in order now and the only reason I used them was to have my flights and cruise all covered under the same insurance umbrella. Maybe that was my mistake....hope not.

There was one other time, the only time I used this service prior to this flight and whoa ... what a disaster. Nothing like yours ... but still quite frustrating!

United kept changing our flight so not all the fault of Choice Air ... but it certainly did complicate things. I guess I will see how this next one goes and determine if I will use it again after that cruise. I am more or less going to try to stick to those cruises closer to home after that cruise, though ... maybe ones that don't require any flying. That would be nice!!

Be sure to check back in and let us know how it all works out for you. Sorry you had to go through that tragic event down at FLL.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk