Applying for upgrade

Spursgirl

We got the call yesterday from our travel agent. We accepted the upgrade. Then my TA said it would also be offered to our travelling companions! They too took the upgrade!

I forgot to mention - these were upgrades from Balcony Rooms to Club Continent Suites!

I forgot to mention - these were upgrades from Balcony Rooms to Club Continent Suites!

Wow - good for you! There must be far fewer of these upgrades, as there are fewer CC suites than Verandah staterooms. We've been upgraded from Oceanview to Verandah, but never from Verandah to CC.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Fantastic, congratulations! My DH asked if we should upgrade on our own to a balcony for our upcoming cruise, and then hope for the LCV upgrade to a suite. I said I figured LCV suite upgrades were so few and far between, I'd rather stay with our OV and hope for the balcony upgrade. We are about three months out and the other day there were about 25 balcony cabins still available, and three suites.

Fantastic, congratulations! My DH asked if we should upgrade on our own to a balcony for our upcoming cruise, and then hope for the LCV upgrade to a suite. I said I figured LCV suite upgrades were so few and far between, I'd rather stay with our OV and hope for the balcony upgrade. We are about three months out and the other day there were about 25 balcony cabins still available, and three suites.

I really like the OVs and have actually turned down a balcony upgrade. It's the same size room and on a hot weather cruise I rarely use the balcony. I like the location too. For the reason I mentioned earlier, balcony to suite is a good one, but it just depends on how the inventory is running for your cruise. Sometimes there are lots of suites left, other times no. There have been promos on suites in the past and that has had a negative impact on the amount of balcony to suite upgrades.

excitedofharpenden: just saw your review of cabin 8045, which we have booked on Quest next January. Did you meet anyone in a different CC suite who reported fewer noise issues? There is still a lot of availability on our cruise, so I would like to change to a quieter suite.

We have always chosen 8056 through 8060. There has never been any noise whatsoever as they are beneath a little used area. But these all have walk-in showers - if you want a tub they won't work.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

excitedofharpenden: just saw your review of cabin 8045, which we have booked on Quest next January. Did you meet anyone in a different CC suite who reported fewer noise issues? There is still a lot of availability on our cruise, so I would like to change to a quieter suite.

We've been in 8045 and 8066, whilst the slight noise in 8045 wasn't an issue I recall that 8066 was actually near a 'bulk head' and as quiet as can be. The shelves in that bathroom were quite a bit deeper. But I'd be happy anywhere in a suit. Both were showers. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I love cake:D:D:D

Not quite sure why some people are getting their knickers in a twist. As LCV members we will apply for an upgrade and as before thanks to those who advised how we do it.

If we get the upgrade we'll be delighted. If we don't get it we'll still be happy knowing we're going to have a wonderful Azamara cruise just like all our others have been.

Well said! Although I'm more of a pie ala mode gal myself.

We are booked in a VX for our Japan cruise in 2019. I applied for an upgrade, but given that all of the suites but one are booked a full two years in advance of the sailing, I'm not holding my breath.