Everything.. Norwegian BLISS! - launch April 2018 -

They have the ability to open but they shouldn't be opened. The dividers serve a purpose of helping to prevent/lessen the spread of a potential fire.

That said, some room stewards will open them, anyway.

It will depend on the steward. We just got off the Getaway and the stewardess said she could not open them but I did see other cabins with them open.

Go cart track is on the Norwegian Joy.

According to FDR, there will be a larger go-cart track on Bliss...

"Norwegian Joy will also be getting the first race track on board a ship, with two levels and eight turns that can race 10 cars a ta time, 35-40 mph, but del Rio said Bliss will get a race track that is 20 percent longer and have 10 turns, two of which will be banked and cantilevered over the side of the ship. "I want to see somebody beat that," del Rio said."

NCL is offering OBC for balconies & above on many cruises 5 plus days in length. We were able to have $100 OBC added to our Sept 30, 2018 Bliss 5 day Pacific Coastal cruise. There was no change in our cruise fare.

OBC amounts are $100 for balcony, $140 for mini suite, $300 to $500 for suites/haven.

I just saw the add for the OBC and called and was given the $100 also! We are on for the Alaskan Cruise over the 4th of July 2018! We have another cruise planned on the HOTS in September but I think the hubby and I are more excited for this this cruise! We are in AFT cabin on 10. It is for this 60th bday!

According to FDR, there will be a larger go-cart track on Bliss...

"Norwegian Joy will also be getting the first race track on board a ship, with two levels and eight turns that can race 10 cars a ta time, 35-40 mph, but del Rio said Bliss will get a race track that is 20 percent longer and have 10 turns, two of which will be banked and cantilevered over the side of the ship. "I want to see somebody beat that," del Rio said."

NICE - and 35-40 mph in something that low to the ground would definitely give you some thrills. Betcha' that they end up lowering the speed though...

Tom

I agree.....they Have Million Dollar Quartet, and After Midnight. They need to bring something like Legally Blonde or Priscilla to this ship. kind of over these blast from the past Broadway shows. But you never know it might be a good show but I wasn't excited reading it.

We were having a similar discussion in the cruise-centric page I manage on The Site That Shall Not Be Named and my favorite response to the suggestion that Legally Blonde be brought on board was, "Spoken only by people who have never actually seen Legally Blonde." (Personally, I agree... what a terrible, awful show!)

Booked on the Bliss for a late August Alaska run... can't wait!

Richard

Where is that quote from FDR about the Bliss race track from? I haven't seen it before, and I have Google alerts set for anything and everything NCL or Bliss related...

Meanwhile, the thing I'm looking forwarde to the most is Happy Hour: The Prohibition. SOunds like something very cool. I know it ran for a while in NYC, but I never had a chance to see it.

"One exciting production that will be offered on the ship is Happy Hour Prohibition: The Musical, straight from popular runs in both New Orleans and New York City. Guests will be transported back in time to January 16, 1919, where they’ll step into Miss Lulu’s New Orleans-based speakeasy, Mahogany Hall. There, bootleggers and madam’s will entertain you with hits of the era while you sip on specialty cocktails blending prohibition era spirits with a modern twist."

Richard

Where is that quote from FDR about the Bliss race track from? I haven't seen it before, and I have Google alerts set for anything and everything NCL or Bliss related...

It was reported in Jan. by the Orlando Sentinel and other places. It was mentioned on CC HERE in post #156

EDIT...Now the article says the track isn't confirmed. W T F ?

How can they quote FDR then say it isn't confirmed?

Edited by Two Wheels Only

I

I wonder if he was speaking about one of the other builds coming down the pike. It seems like an unusual thing to put atop a ship meant for Alaska, where you get so much inclement weather...

As with everything, I suppose time will tell! :)

Richard

It was reported in Jan. by the Orlando Sentinel and other places. It was mentioned on CC HERE in post #156

My guess, he revealed something that they didn't want released that early. They like to play the slow reveal game with ship amenities. So it's easier to have them retract the statement. They did that one day after the article was written, so someone at NCL will have to make sure FDR doesn't give interviews unsupervised [emoji23][emoji23]

Posted Today, 11:42 AM

Originally posted by kjquilts
NCL is offering OBC for balconies & above on many cruises 5 plus days in length. We were able to have $100 OBC added to our Sept 30, 2018 Bliss 5 day Pacific Coastal cruise. There was no change in our cruise fare.

OBC amounts are $100 for balcony, $140 for mini suite, $300 to $500 for suites/haven.

I just saw the add for the OBC and called and was given the $100 also! We are on for the Alaskan Cruise over the 4th of July 2018! We have another cruise planned on the HOTS in September but I think the hubby and I are more excited for this this cruise! We are in AFT cabin on 10. It is for this 60th bday!

SO glad to hear this. We just booked our cruise three days ago and then I saw the OBC offer tonight. Was wondering if I should call tomorrow -- now I definitely will. So happy to know we'll be able to get that added. This is our first NCL cruise.

Posted Today, 11:42 AM

Originally posted by kjquilts

SO glad to hear this. We just booked our cruise three days ago and then I saw the OBC offer tonight. Was wondering if I should call tomorrow -- now I definitely will. So happy to know we'll be able to get that added. This is our first NCL cruise.

All set -- I called this morning and was able to get my OBC added. So exciting!

I just booked the 14 day Panama Canal November 2018. Looks like a great ship !

Awesome, we have a cruise critic group already going for this cruise, though it is a little tricky to find as the Bliss is not yet in the roll call tool. There are several people on the list already. Look forward to chatting.

Just booked for June 2 to Alaska. Now to find the roll call:D

No roll call yet.

401 days. . . . . I can wait.

We booked a mini-suite large balcony on deck 8. Here's hoping Distrct Brew House will be on board.

We received a $140 on board credit.

The agent on the phone said that we are on the starboard side and that will be facing away from the port in Ketchican and Juneau.

Just booked for June 2 to Alaska. Now to find the roll call:D

No roll call yet.

401 days. . . . . I can wait.

We booked a mini-suite large balcony on deck 8. Here's hoping Distrct Brew House will be on board.

We received a $140 on board credit.

The agent on the phone said that we are on the starboard side and that will be facing away from the port in Ketchican and Juneau.

There is a roll call for June 2nd.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2442432

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I'm looking at the Panama Canal from Miami in March 2019. It means I'll be celebrating my birthday as we go through the canal. Having never been on a ship this size I'm a little hesitant but she looks beautiful and the Haven lounge at the front of the ship looks like it's a winner.

I'm booking it, it's only money right ��

I didn't think that I would like large ships but we were on the RCL Allure a few years ago. We loved it. So many things to see and do. We did Alaska on a smaller / mid size ship two years ago and it just didn't seem like as much fun. Did the Caribbean Princess to Canada / New England last September and liked the size of that ship. Also booked on the Panama Cruise in March 2019. Crazy but it is two years away and I am excited.

Thanks for info and pics. Booked a Sept 2018 on Alaska sailing. Hope there are no fires on the Bliss.... Is the Bliss the last ship to be built by Meyer Werft for NCL before the new NCL ships in 2022 in France?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm sorry but I have to ask. Why would you say that you hope there are no fires on the Bliss?