Fashionable water shoes? Have you tried these?

Good evening everyone!

For my upcoming honeymoon cruise I have been on the hunt for water shoes that are practical and stylish. It's my honeymoon so I want to be a little bit stylish :o

So far, I found these:

http://www.adidas.com/us/product/womens-outdoor-climacool-boat-sleek-shoes/CY984?cid=G97341&breadcrumb=svZu3Z1z13y9pZ1z13071Z1z11zrf

They come in a few different colors:

G97342_01?wid=170&hei=170&fmt=jpeg&qlt=92,0&resMode=sharp2&op_usm=1.1,0.5,1,0

Anyone use these before?

Or anyone know of some other water shoes that are cute?

I need shoes that I can walk around in, sight-see, but also work for water (jungles, wet terrain, etc.)

Thank you in advance!

Are you sure these are 'water shoes'? Don't see any mention of that in the description altho they do look cute!

Also for gym/treadmill I would definitely want something sturdier and more supportive...

Check out Land's End. They have a few styles of water shoes. One is like a sneaker, the other a Mary-Jane style. Come in lots of colour options.

I have the sneaker style in navy with red trim, and I got a few compliments on them on our last cruise.

:DHi

Check out shoebuy dot com

They have a large selection. I boughts some Teva's for our Hawaiian cruise and I wore them everywhere. They look a bit like these (mine are over a year old)

BluejayLettuce Green

Color: Bluejay

decke546961_221376_lg.jpg

They dry quickly, have drain holes on the bottom.

I have even worn them with socks too.

They were not cheap, but I know they will last a long time.

Have fun shopping!

Edited by PrincessStar

My all time favorite water shoes are the Water Diva from Jambu. I love 'em so much that they are the only shoes I take on many of my trips. They go from water to land with no effort and look good enough to wear out at night with a dress. The webbing comes in several different colors to choose from. I have 2 pair - one all black (my usual travel companions) and one with a light green webbing. Just about every online shoe site has them.

The ADIDAS ones you posted are really cute!

I too was looking for water shoes for my next Caribbean cruise knowing I'll be doing an excursion of walking over rocks jagged terrain to get to tidal pools. I bought these waveseeker ballet flats from Crocs in black. They no longer have the black ones - just teal or pink remain.

While I haven't worn them in the water yet (I have a tendency to keep things stock piled until cruise time) the material seems to be of high quality and will suit my purpose. I don't think they'll be sturdy enough to do walking/hiking though. I figured I'd keep these in my beach bag until I'm ready to go in the water. These will literally take up NO space in my suitcase because they fold pretty much completely flat (I overpack too) :)

http://www.crocs.com/crocs-womens-waveseeker-ballet-flat/OM346,default,pd.html?cid=36K&cgid=women

I have the Teva water sandals, I think this is my third cruise with them. They have a lot of support in the bottom but look like sandals from the top. Used them at Dunn's River Falls and a wave runner tour. I think you might get more use out of a sandal type than the tennis shoe type.

Don't get the leather, it will dry hard and chafe.

Edited by McDebbie

I have the Teva water sandals, I think this is my third cruise with them. They have a lot of support in the bottom but look like sandals from the top. Used them at Dunn's River Falls and a wave runner tour. I think you might get more use out of a sandal type than the tennis shoe type.

Chaco sandals are super comfortable too, though I'm not sure if the zig-zag tan line across my foot is quite as cute... The only thing that I'd be wary of with sandals is if any of your excursions require/recommend "closed-toe" shoes (I'm a carry-on only packer, which is vastly helped by minimizing the number of necessary shoes).

My all time favorite water shoes are the Water Diva from Jambu. I love 'em so much that they are the only shoes I take on many of my trips. They go from water to land with no effort and look good enough to wear out at night with a dress. The webbing comes in several different colors to choose from. I have 2 pair - one all black (my usual travel companions) and one with a light green webbing. Just about every online shoe site has them.

I checked out these and they look really cute. My only reservation is all the thin straps -- are they really comfortable, e.g., no rubbing anywhere if worn most of a day? And do the mediums run more wide or more narrow?

thanks for mentioning these. :D

I checked out these and they look really cute. My only reservation is all the thin straps -- are they really comfortable, e.g., no rubbing anywhere if worn most of a day? And do the mediums run more wide or more narrow?

thanks for mentioning these. :D

Come on, would I give you a bum steer ;)

I am absolutely NOT a sandal person. But, the Water Diva is a perfect compromise for me. I wore my first pair, right of the box, on a 3 week trip through Italy, Spain, and France with some friends. I had those and my hiking boots with me. Not a problem at all. The straps are adjustable, so you can go as tight or as loose as you want. I took my black pair with me this May on my trip and wore them everyday in Rome and Florence (well, one day I wore my Supergas for awhile). They went with me on my Nile cruise and were my "in town" shoes, since it was waaaay too dusty to wear sandals at the sites. I would say they run more wide than narrow. My left foot and ankle is bigger than my right from an injury and I have no issues having them fit.

My black pair is 4 years old now and are just now starting to show a little bit of wear on the straps, just some pillage. But, they still get me into rivers and lakes and oceans AND into nice restaurants at night!!!

Edited by slidergirl

Come on, would I give you a bum steer ;)

I am absolutely NOT a sandal person. But, the Water Diva is a perfect compromise for me. I wore my first pair, right of the box, on a 3 week trip through Italy, Spain, and France with some friends. I had those and my hiking boots with me. Not a problem at all. The straps are adjustable, so you can go as tight or as loose as you want. I took my black pair with me this May on my trip and wore them everyday in Rome and Florence (well, one day I wore my Supergas for awhile). They went with me on my Nile cruise and were my "in town" shoes, since it was waaaay too dusty to wear sandals at the sites. I would say they run more wide than narrow. My left foot and ankle is bigger than my right from an injury and I have no issues having them fit.

My black pair is 4 years old now and are just now starting to show a little bit of wear on the straps, just some pillage. But, they still get me into rivers and lakes and oceans AND into nice restaurants at night!!!

Oh noooooo! I found a cute pair of these online at a good price yesterday -- black with with a little gray and white daisy print on the straps. I went back to the site today to order them after reading your feedback and now they are out of my size. :(

Well, back to looking... ;)

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Check out Land's End. They have a few styles of water shoes. One is like a sneaker, the other a Mary-Jane style. Come in lots of colour options.

I have the Lands End Mary-Jane style water shoe. Yes, it's comfortable and looks great.

Chaco sandals are super comfortable too, though I'm not sure if the zig-zag tan line across my foot is quite as cute... The only thing that I'd be wary of with sandals is if any of your excursions require/recommend "closed-toe" shoes (I'm a carry-on only packer, which is vastly helped by minimizing the number of necessary shoes).

I have both Teva and Chaco sandals, and I love them both ... but they don't provide as much support in the water. A real "water shoe" provides some protection for the top of your foot, which I like since it's easy for your foot to slip sideways in the water.

On the other hand, the Tevas and Chacos are something you could likely wear for normal, non-water wear ... which makes them more packing-friendly.