Makeup remover

Does anyone know a good mainline makeup remover? The one that is the same brand as the makeup I use doesn't really work well. It doesn't bother me at home since I use colored washcloths, but I don't like to get the white ones they use on ships and hotels stained.

Thanks,

Kathy

Does anyone know a good mainline makeup remover? The one that is the same brand as the makeup I use doesn't really work well. It doesn't bother me at home since I use colored washcloths, but I don't like to get the white ones they use on ships and hotels stained.

Thanks,

Kathy

If it is eye makeup remover, Sephora Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover.

If it is face makeup, I can't help much. I only use a tinted moisturizer if anything - usually just a plain moisturizer - and no powers, foundations, blushes, contour stuff, concealer. Warm water, whatever cleanser I have a sample of from Sephora, and my hands do the trick. Right now, it has been Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cleanser. Actually bought a full-size after my last trip so I now use that one at home.

I new trick I learned here on CC: fill the two sides of a contact lens case with the remover - more than enough for a week's trip! Just shake it before squeezing into the case and then shake the case before opening. Pack a few cotton pads and just lightly press the pad over the liquid. Easy peasy...

Edited by slidergirl

My greatest resource is the Paula's Choice website. She was the one who wrote the book 'Don't Go to the Cosmetic Counter Without Me' long ago. Her website has a section called "Beautypedia" with excellent reviews of 1000s of products, based on actual science of what is effective, what is an irritant etc.

She also has her own line, and I happen to use her cleansing lotion and toner, both are very good. But you'll find ratings for lots of good ones that you can find locally. What's amazing is how the price doesn't matter much. Some of the worst rated products are some of the most expensive.

I use the Neutrogena wipes, they work for me.

Same here. I get the large packs of 24 for most cruises because we add time at each end normally and keep packs of 7 for road trips. The packages stay closed and damp by just resealing and storing face down or if on the road a piece of medical tape works great. I find they take any eye make up I wear and every bit of foundation and lipstick. Best of all, our nearest military PX carries both sizes.

I agree with everyone else on face wipes for face makeup. The only thing that gets mascara off my lashes is oil-based. I prefer the Clinique Take the Day Off (the one that looks like it's oil and water in a purple bottle). One gentle swipe and my mascara is off. You can pour it into a smaller container to travel (shake it first to mix it up); I never need much.

Thanks,

Kathy

Lancôme Effacil or Clinique Take the Day Off.

I've heard good things about those cloths though.

I use Almay makeup remover pads to remove my eye makeup. They make two kinds, I use the one that is oil based, it works well to remove mascara and eyeliner. I just use a washcloth and Loreal Age Defying face wash and H20 for the rest.

I got a free bottle of Clinique'so Take the Day Off when I bought an eye shadow group so will try it before I take it on a cruise. With the wipes I start by just pressing one over my closed eyes for a minute and then wipe off my mascara. It all comes right off whether I use regular or waterproof of Maybelline Great Lash (still beats everything from Clinique to Chanel IMHO). I tried Olay's make up remover cloths once and thought they were too oily so they may help on some of the newer mascara formulas.

I get the purple Epielle pack from Big Lots (it's compared to Neutrogena), since they work the same as Neitrogena on me, but cheaper.

I rarely wear waterproof or heavy eye makeup (just reg mascara), but good old olive oil or almond oil work good for eyes. Plus it's moisturizing to lids and lashes.

Diluted baby shampoo works great...cheap, too! 1/2 baby shampoo,,.1/2 water....a small travel size baby shampoo mixed with equal water will last months! Recommended by my eye doctor!

I've used Oil of Olay's Classic Cleanser, too..works fine. Or..just wash your face! Then, wash the washcloth! Makeup isn't oil-based paint!

Diluted baby shampoo works great...cheap, too! 1/2 baby shampoo,,.1/2 water....a small travel size baby shampoo mixed with equal water will last months! Recommended by my eye doctor!

I've used Oil of Olay's Classic Cleanser, too..works fine. Or..just wash your face! Then, wash the washcloth! Makeup isn't oil-based paint!

I'm not sure you're familiar with some of the new long-wear gel eyeliners, for example.

If you lile to use a washcloth, try Magic Cloth. Usually can get at Ross, TJ Maxx or Ulta. Its a white cloth but rinses clean after use. Cheap enough to discard after your cruise if you don't want to take it home

I also use baby shampoo for my eyes. I used to get styes but haven't since using baby shampoo.

I've heard Miscellar water is a good remover.

Sounds like your biggest concern is what to use for traveling and how to not ruin a perfectly good white washcloth.

The wipes are perfect for both issues. I usually carry them in a ziplock just to keep anything from leaking.

My favorite is the Aveeno wipes but I'll buy anything else that's on sale at the time.

Pixi has a wonderful eye makeup remover that will remove even waterproof mascara they have a nice oil in them that nourishes eyelashes and doesn't sting eyes at all. I have sensitive eyes so I'm particular. Another good cleanser that you don't need wash cloth with is the brand hydropeptide. It will also remove all makeup. It doesn't dry out your face at all and a little goes a long way I've had my current bottle for over a year and only used a fourth of the bottle so far. It is one of the best face cleansers I've ever used and reasonably priced. u can get through speciality online reatailers, directly from hydropeptide or Amazon. If you can't tell it is my favorite since my face feels clean without feeling dried out from face wash and will get off all makeup except maybe a little left of waterproof mascara which is why I use the pixi stuff too. Pixi is carried at target.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I use Garnier micellar water. Cheap, gentle, the lasts a long time, really works. I bring some Target oval pads for eyes. They are bigger but sometimes I'll use it with ELF wipes. Then. I wash my entire face with gentle foaming cleanser like Cerave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk