Celebrity Solstice Alcoves

Brally2007

Hi all!

I'm wondering if anyone that is booked on a future Solstice cruise has been able to pre reserve the Alcoves before they set sail? I can't see the function to book via online checkin....and I dont want to board expecting to book them and they're all gone!

Please advise, and thank you for helping :)

You will find Alcoves listed under dining on the Celebrity website.....we booked our Alcove (1 sea day and 1 port day) back in July for our February Reflection cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by watchdiva

Unless they are adding Alcoves there are none on the Solstice earlier this year. If they add them you will find them under dining options:rolleyes:

Yes I think you are right, it looks like they will install the Alcoves on Solstice during the October 22-31 2016 refurbishment

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=7244

Sorry....didn't realize you were in Australia! Maybe the websites are different (I'm in the US). I called and did one transaction over the phone...when we added the second Alcove I booked online.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hi all!

I'm wondering if anyone that is booked on a future Solstice cruise has been able to pre reserve the Alcoves before they set sail? I can't see the function to book via online checkin....and I dont want to board expecting to book them and they're all gone!

Please advise, and thank you for helping :)

We are on her 'maiden' voyage post refit ex SIN on 31 October and so far they are not showing up in the calendar to pre reserve online. I'm not expecting they will be either as doesn't seem to be Celebrity's IT style to be on top of this stuff ...maybe for her 2nd or 3rd cruise post refit they'll show up!!

Out of interest what is it about them that makes you keen to reserve one? Have you used them before on other X ships?

Im not sure I can justify the usd150 fee to sit in one when there are plenty of places to 'perch' myself already..[emoji38]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We are on her 'maiden' voyage post refit ex SIN on 31 October and so far they are not showing up in the calendar to pre reserve online. I'm not expecting they will be either as doesn't seem to be Celebrity's IT style to be on top of this stuff ...maybe for her 2nd or 3rd cruise post refit they'll show up!!

Out of interest what is it about them that makes you keen to reserve one? Have you used them before on other X ships?

Im not sure I can justify the usd150 fee to sit in one when there are plenty of places to 'perch' myself already..[emoji38]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's my honeymoon, I just want a nice little spot that's my own. Not have to worry about it. This will be my second X cruise but I've been on 20 ocean 1 x river so I just like the idea of having a nice little spot of my own. I'm sure there are great alternatives

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

It's my honeymoon, I just want a nice little spot that's my own. Not have to worry about it. This will be my second X cruise but I've been on 20 ocean 1 x river so I just like the idea of having a nice little spot of my own. I'm sure there are great alternatives

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks for your feedback, and CONGRATULATIONS! :D

That certainly would be a time when I would like to have my own little oasis to call my own ! I was interested as whilst I can't see the value in them (we were married 23 years ago lol!) I appreciated that there will be many that would.

If they don't show available online before your cruise head to guest services upon boarding and they should be able to take of it. If they advise of any interim policy on our cruise I'll post details.

Sad to hear they're adding these to the Solstice. I realize it is a profit center for X but I have to side with the camp that finds them unattractive.

The Solstice had the best lawn of any of the S class ships that I've been on when we sailed on it in Sept. I doubt it will stay that way.

Out of interest what is it about them that makes you keen to reserve one?

A cool, cabana-style private retreat on The Lawn Club for two to four guests. By day, filtered sunlight and breathtaking ocean views. By night, ambient lighting for drama and star status. A la carte foods and beverages arrive in picnic baskets. Alcoves are even equipped with Wi-Fi.

When we were on the Reflection, they were sold out for the entire cruise, sea and port days.

the_alcoves_992x744.jpg.083e4111dbe6b57e14b23936503b9034.jpg

A cool, cabana-style private retreat on The Lawn Club for two to four guests. By day, filtered sunlight and breathtaking ocean views. By night, ambient lighting for drama and star status. A la carte foods and beverages arrive in picnic baskets. Alcoves are even equipped with Wi-Fi.

When we were on the Reflection, they were sold out for the entire cruise, sea and port days.

Is that an extra charge on the food? I'm sure your drink package would work there.

Does anyone know what the charge is for an alcove?

FreestyleNovice replied: $149 sea day, $99 port day, 9am-9pm IIRC.

Being new on Solstice ( the Alcoves, not me!) I'm working with this info as a guide also. We are on her 1st sailing after refit on 31st October so will try and find out details.

Whether they will have specials whilst they are promoting them (or if they need to?) and what standard inclusions, if different to existing offerings on other ships will remain to be seen!

Being new on Solstice ( the Alcoves, not me!) I'm working with this info as a guide also. We are on her 1st sailing after refit on 31st October so will try and find out details.

Whether they will have specials whilst they are promoting them (or if they need to?) and what standard inclusions, if different to existing offerings on other ships will remain to be seen!

It would be great if you could let us know more after your cruise. We were wondering if there will be much demand in the early days, as it will be a new concept for us aussies. Might find they have some discounting happening to promote them particularly on our NZ cruise (brrr). We are then doing a Sth Pac cruise early next year and I think it could be a nice idea then :)

Sad to hear they're adding these to the Solstice. I realize it is a profit center for X but I have to side with the camp that finds them unattractive.

The Solstice had the best lawn of any of the S class ships that I've been on when we sailed on it in Sept. I doubt it will stay that way.

Don't believe that they are putting them there until you see a press release. This is all speculation.

Don't believe that they are putting them there until you see a press release. This is all speculation.

The Press release was on Sept 19, 2016 that the alcoves were being added during the Oct 2016 "Celebrity Solstice to Emerge from Stunning 8.5 Million-Dollar Modern Luxury Makeover"

"•Transformative alcove-style cabanas will line the real grass lawn for additional seating and relaxation space. Guests will be able to adjust the cabanas to their preferred view as the spaces evolve throughout the day"

http://www.celebritycruises.com/about-celebrity/press-room?tab=footer_pages_about_celebrity_press_room_tab/about-celebrity/press-room%3Fsubtab%3Dtrue%26year%3D2016%26event_date%3D2016-09-19%26sequence_code%3Da

Edited by wallie5446

The Press release was on Sept 19, 2016 that the alcoves were being added during the Oct 2016 "Celebrity Solstice to Emerge from Stunning 8.5 Million-Dollar Modern Luxury Makeover"

"•Transformative alcove-style cabanas will line the real grass lawn for additional seating and relaxation space. Guests will be able to adjust the cabanas to their preferred view as the spaces evolve throughout the day"

http://www.celebritycruises.com/about-celebrity/press-room?tab=footer_pages_about_celebrity_press_room_tab/about-celebrity/press-room%3Fsubtab%3Dtrue%26year%3D2016%26event_date%3D2016-09-19%26sequence_code%3Da

Thanks, I usually see them but somehow missed that one.

Would be nice if they also added the Lawn Grill and the porch on the other solstice class ships. We have sailed multiple times and have seen the corning glass show. Once is enough in the hot sun on uncomfortable benches. Celebrity should either improve the venue or remove it. They could easily create a large glass wall and have an airconditioned (and heat) environment for guests with comfortable seating. If they did this, you could see the show in Alaska

Edited by Cruise a holic

• 2 months later...

I'm on the Celebrity Solstice as I write, sitting on the lawn with 5 out of the 6 alcoves empty. This is only the third time I've seen anyone in them and we've been on this holiday cruise that is at full capacity for 10 days. So I wouldn't worry about missing out on one if you don't book in advance.

On the first day, we booked one for NYE but ended up cancelling it because basically the cost is too high for what you get as there isn't much happening up here - not enough to justify the price point anyway. On Solstice, passengers can sit on the lawn with a towel in the shade, and bring up our own food/drinks from the Oceanview, which is just about good enough for us! But it is a pity that the entire space is not utilised better, as we'd be prepared to pay for an alcove if the price offered better value.

I'm on the Celebrity Solstice as I write, sitting on the lawn with 5 out of the 6 alcoves empty. This is only the third time I've seen anyone in them and we've been on this holiday cruise that is at full capacity for 10 days. So I wouldn't worry about missing out on one if you don't book in advance.

On the first day, we booked one for NYE but ended up cancelling it because basically the cost is too high for what you get as there isn't much happening up here - not enough to justify the price point anyway. On Solstice, passengers can sit on the lawn with a towel in the shade, and bring up our own food/drinks from the Oceanview, which is just about good enough for us! But it is a pity that the entire space is not utilised better, as we'd be prepared to pay for an alcove if the price offered better value.

We love the space and typically they are booked. However, they are only on the Silhouette and the Reflection. Did they added them to the Solstice, and finally remove the corning glass show?