Shopping help

terri1020

Hi all,

I have a wedding in Florida this coming December, followed by a cruise. I bought palazzo pants in black with chiffon a overlay. I need a beautiful top to go with them and am at a loss as to where to begin shopping for one. I'm a plus size 18-20.

First; What type of top goes with palazzo pants?

Second; Store recommendations please.

Thanks in advance for the help I know you'll give me. And, have a great day!

Personally I'd go with something to define your waist or bosom - palazzo pants with a tunic on top would be a large column, not too interesting.

Like this, maybe http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/alex-evenings-chiffon-sleeve-sequin-lace-blouse-plus-size/4447042?origin=keywordsearch-personalizedsort&fashioncolor=BLACK%2F%20PINK

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/alex-evenings-illusion-sleeve-metallic-lace-blouse-plus-size/4425212?origin=keywordsearch-personalizedsort&fashioncolor=SILVER

Any department store with plus sizes should have "evening" tops to go with the palazzo pants they also sell....More on Nordstrom's website http://shop.nordstrom.com/sr?keyword=alex%20evenings&filtercategoryid=6000025

I'm a plus size and I just found a few things for my up and coming cruise on clearance at JC Penney.....I got a white tunic with tiny gold studding and a chiffon overlay to wear with my black knit pants. They had a lot of items on the racks this past weekend that would have been workable for me. I also go to Dress Barn, Nordstrom, Talbots, Lane Bryant and Lord and Taylor. The clearance racks can be truly interesting! :) Good luck

Hi all,

I have a wedding in Florida this coming December, followed by a cruise. I bought palazzo pants in black with chiffon a overlay. I need a beautiful top to go with them and am at a loss as to where to begin shopping for one. I'm a plus size 18-20.

First; What type of top goes with palazzo pants?

Second; Store recommendations please.

Thanks in advance for the help I know you'll give me. And, have a great day!

Thread up on the web

If you have a Dillards or Macy in your area check there their evening wear. You'll pay a bit more but they have some lovely things. The holiday wear is out in full force. TJ Maxx or Ross might also be stores to check

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by awhfy

HI terri1020,

I have a pair of black pants with a chiffon overlay, not really palazzo but dressy. I have worn them on several occasions and have a black chiffon blouse with a black cami that goes underneath. I wear glitzy earrings and an evening purse. For me less is sometimes more:) Soon stores will stock the dressy tops with glitz thst are popular during the holidays. Maybe some have them now. If you have Steinmart near you, try there. Otherwise check large department stores. You might check out your local stores that also sell online so you can easily return something you order that doesn't work out. Try Nordstrom's either online or locally. If glitz isn't for you, what about a satin or silk top in a color that compliments black?

Here is a blouse that I bought for the same kind of pants. I got it from Dillards in a plus size, but I don't see the plus size anymore.

http://www.dillards.com/p/alex-evenings-3-4-sleeve-rosette-top--chiffon-a-line-skirt/504734539?di=04334133_zi&categoryId=410&facetCache=pageSize%3D96%26beginIndex%3D0%26orderBy%3D3

• 5 months later...
Here is a blouse that I bought for the same kind of pants. I got it from Dillards in a plus size, but I don't see the plus size anymore.

http://www.dillards.com/p/alex-evenings-3-4-sleeve-rosette-top--chiffon-a-line-skirt/504734539?di=04334133_zi&categoryId=410&facetCache=pageSize%3D96%26beginIndex%3D0%26orderBy%3D3

What top did you find? My niece really likes this one I got for her. She has worn it several times already.

I think a more fitted top that ends at your close to your waist would look the best. You don't want 'big and flowy' on both the top and bottom...just too much fabric IMO.

If you're not opposed to sleeveless, I think a sleeveless top would look lovely. You could also wear a cami with a wrap sweater (3/4 sleeves perhaps)...that would look really pretty.