MS Europa schedule beyond spring 2018?

Catlover54

I do not see MS Europa draft scheduling itineraries beyond spring 2018 on either the English or German HL websites.

English Voyager, you sent a link on the Europa 2 thread for a draft of E2 schedules through early 2019 and implied the same was available for the Europa through the same time, but at least here in US on internet I see nothing for the Europa when I link to HL in either language.

Do you perhaps have a link?

Catlover54,

The home page of the German language website now contains the Preview Brochures for all four ships in the Hapag-Lloyd fleet.

Here is the link for the Preview Brochure for the MS Europa's cruises from 05.04.2018 to 25.04.2019.

http://www.hl-cruises.de/bk/EUR-2018-19-DE-Preview/index.html?catalog=EUR-2018-19-DE-Preview#page_1

the cruises - preview are listed by area and not by date :)

in spring 2018 both ships are once again in very hot and humid areas.

Is Greece in April hot and humid?

The brochures for the Europa, and the Europa 2, do contain a cruise calendar.

Edited by English Voyager

• 1 month later...

EV, I thought I had thanked you for posting the link but as I come back here I see my thank you post is gone, perhaps zapped due to something considered inappropriate I said (happens to me once in a while on CC) or maybe I did not press the submit key after typing . So, I thank you again, though belated!

In any event a few weeks ago I placed a request with my TA for early booking on the MS Europa for the late May /early June 2018 Ocean Sun festival as a solo and just got notice from TA they offered me a decent solo price (I am buying in

euros), plus the 5 per cent early booking discount, so I told her to go ahead. There had been 44 solos on board in September 2016.

It is Nice to Bilbao, EUR1811, and will duplicate a couple of the ports I did on this ship September 2016 Ocean Sun Festival that I wrote my live review on, but that is fine with me, the cruise is more about the music and the ship. DH will not be with me, as he will then be recovering from the February/March 2018 western Australia cruise I convinced him to go on to try this wonderful ship and unique itinerary despite his concern with the German issue, and he is not as keen on classical music as I am.

Right after my Nice-Bilbao cruise is the Stelle Maris voice competition cruise on board so I was tempted to do BTB but that will be getting into very hot weather by then, plus I want to do other cruises in the fall. I am not yet retired so still have work commitments to be at.

Maybe we could gather up a bunch of English speakers and storm the ship and take over a big table for this cruise! :)

I would love to be on the October 2017 MS Europa Ocean Sun festival cruise too, but will be on the E2 instead late October with a German friend, New York to Nassau (plus Sun cabins are sold out anyway). So I will rely on you to tell us all about it!

Catlover54,

Unfortunately, due to unforeseen circumstances, I have had to cancel my booking for this year's Ocean Sun Music Festival cruise.

However, hl-cruises.de has now published in full the itineraries, and prices, for MS Europa cruises up to 25.04.2019, and the Christmas 2018 cruise around South America is rather tempting.

http://www.hl-cruises.de/reise-finden#template=teaser&sorting=departureDate&filter:ships=1&page=0

EV, sorry to hear about your need to cancel the Ocean Sun festival, I hope things are ok.

I thought you were going to South America on the Europa 2 xmas 2017, but perhaps you had to cancel that just as you had to cancel the Europa Ocean Sun cruise.

Not that there would be anything wrong with doing both cruises, of course, once on each ship, we greatly enjoyed our SS Xmas cruise in that area four years ago despite the long trip to get there.

I have been suffering from cruise withdrawal syndrome the last couple months (almost five months since on a ship, with two more months to wait for our SB cruise), and continue to envy Europeans who live so close nearby interesting cruising opportunities.

Catlover54,

Thank you for asking--- things are ok.

With regard to the Europa 2's 2017 Christmas cruise around South America.

Last year I waited for the publication of the English language brochure.

By the time it appeared all the staterooms set aside for solo occupancy had been sold.

My name was placed on a wait list, but no staterooms for solo occupancy became available.

The galling thing was that for most of 2016 staterooms for double occupancy were readily available.

Hence I now work from the German language website, and the preview brochures.

I am waiting for a price on a Europa 2 2017 cruise through the Norwegian Fjords.

Cruising does divide opinion-- one either likes it or not.

The way time seems to fly, your SB cruise will be upon you before you know it.