5 people in an interior cabin

CruisinMama27

oohh...insanity! :rolleyes:

But to answer your question - most likely you'll have 2 lower beds, 2 upper bunks and one of the following: single sofabed, a trundle bed (low to the floor that rolls under one of the lower beds when not in use) or a rollaway bed. Pity passenger #5 in any case. You'll also have to agree on a bathroom schedule so everyone can do their S-S-S. Check the spa area to see if showers are available there - some of you could go there for a shower.

I didn't know inside cabins hold 5 ppl. It's going to be a tight squeeze. What are the age groups? Our first cruise we did 4 in an inside. It was ok for 2 adults n 2 kids. Now we do OV or Balcony

I didn't know inside cabins hold 5 ppl. It's going to be a tight squeeze. What are the age groups? Our first cruise we did 4 in an inside. It was ok for 2 adults n 2 kids. Now we do OV or Balcony

We have my husband and I and then our daughter 14,son,18 and his girlfriend 19. It's a hight school graduation present/trip.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Forums mobile app

We have my husband and I and then our daughter 14,son,18 and his girlfriend 19. It's a hight school graduation present/trip.

I wouldn't do it. With 3 kids maybe... but these aren't kids... they are full size adults lol. Remember there's only one bathroom!!! If you can swing it, I'd do connecting rooms instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

5 adults for one bath? including teens who want to play with makeup. And theres always one individual who shall we say has trouble going and hogs bathroom. Theres no public bath art end of hall. Will there be enough closet room? What if ladies want to hand wash undies.Where to hang 5 wet swim suits? It will be an uncomfortable situation. Spend a little more to get a second Inside cabin for 2 or 3.It will be money well spent.

Yikes - no way I'd even consider it - especially with a non-family adult in the mix. IMO that will be very uncomfortable for all and a very difficult bathroom situation to manage with 5 adults. I would look at alternative second stateroom arrangements. I think in the long run it would be well worth any additional cost.

As this thread is a week old already and if you haven't already changed your plans, take a good look at the pictures and then try to picture the 5 of you managing that space together using the one small bathroom, sleeping, and dressing for the week's "vacation". Sorry, but no way IMO!

• 2 weeks later...

I think I would check the price to see what the difference would be for 2 inside connection cabins. We've done 4, but it was 2 adults and two children (SMALL children) and we did four ladies...it was like a slumber party but I don't know if I would do even four adults again. You might be surprised at the cost of putting 3 in one and two in another. Our TA found that we actually SAVED by doing this on a cruise we were thinking about.

If the math doesn't work out for the 2 inside cabins, see if the ship has a locker room with showers open to the general public (as opposed to those with spa passes only). Book a room near the spa or at least a floor with a public bathroom nearby.I'm not going to sugar-coat this. I wouldn't do it but if it's the only way you can afford to go the just go and have fun!

we have 5 people in a cabin. How does that work? We will be on Carnival Elation.

We did it when are kids were younger. Carnival has big cabins. It will be tight but you have saved a lot of money and you will not spend a lot of time in your cabin. They have bunk beds and pull outs. It will be alright if its family.;) Just have fun.

Yikes. Even if it was a bigger cabin, I'd have a hard time having the adult girlfriend of my adult son sharing the same cabin as the parents. Besides the space issues, there are privacy issues. There are some things that are just not worth the potential savings, even if you are convinced that you are not going to spend that much time in the cabin.

We've only done a cabin for 5 on a short weekend cruise (all family members) and needless to say, we never did it again. It was just way too tight.

As others have said, look at the cost of two connecting inside cabins. Even if it's a couple hundred dollars more, it's worth it in my humble opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Tapi

I promise it will be alright. We did it with our family on carnival valor. Cabins are larger and it will be fine. Don't be discouraged. Let me know how it turns out for you. Of course it would be more roomy if you booked 2 cabins but we have done this before and we never felt uncomfortable. We usually had a cabin for 4 when our kids went with us. Our step daughter came with us once and we had a cabin for 5 we were fine and we never felt cramped. Of course we didn't lay around the cabin all day either.:)

we have 5 people in a cabin. How does that work? We will be on Carnival Elation.
Carnival Elation has 186 square feet where other cruise lines have between 140 and 179 so you are getting a little bit more room. If you are saving 300. go for it. If its just 150. than i would consider 2. But i always had 4 in a cabin and never felt cramped. Its not the best scenario but it one that could afford us the best vacation because we would have more spending money for excursions and fun time if you look at it this way. Some people want to relax in their cabins we just sleep in them. How it works is you will have 2 uppers and maybe a pull out. Or a lower queen. You can call carnival and they will tell you exactly how they will accommodate your family. Good luck and have a blast. Some of our best times were on carnival .:cool:

• 3 weeks later...

All i know is we did it. And i don't want to discourage this family of having a fun vacation experience because of the extra expense of two cabins. Which is usually 400. more. When they can have the extra money for the excursions and shopping. For my family it was ok. Of course its not the best scenario but if you have to save somewhere i think this is where i would save. Not for everyone. I am sure.