using iphone 7 plus underwater.

Scotico

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I suggest doing a search on Amazon for "waterproof lanyards" and see if the bag style pouches would interest you. Much cheaper than a Lifeproof case. We happen to own a few of the YOSH brand and they work great, but there are several brands to choose from. Just be sure to find one that fits your phone. And they come with a lanyard.

I would look at some of the less expensive bag type cases and buy a floaty wrist strap. I don't see a way to attach the wrist strap to that case.

Vic

Floaty wrist straps are fine as long as the bag or whatever does not leak

I use a floaty on my Nikon AW 130 and leave my iphone in my cabin safe when I go swimimg/snorkeling

I honestly would also just go with a waterproof camera. The lifeproof cases will cost almost that much and still risk the phone. The bags I don't like because they can cause distortion with the lens and can make the phone hard to operate (I do have a basic waterproof bag for near the pool, beaches, etc, but never submerge it.

I honestly would also just go with a waterproof camera. The lifeproof cases will cost almost that much and still risk the phone. The bags I don't like because they can cause distortion with the lens and can make the phone hard to operate (I do have a basic waterproof bag for near the pool, beaches, etc, but never submerge it.

Plus Lifeproof can sink to the bottom fast. My Nikon AW 130 has tow outside the case places to attach my floaty stap on the camera. I use two float straps:hearteyes:

• 2 weeks later...

I'd be careful taking a phone I cared about (even though waterproof) into anything that isn't fresh water (salt water and the chlorinated water in pools is corrosive and if the device isn't washed perfectly clean soon enough it may develop issues). I'd go with a cheap-o underwater point and shoot. If the worst happens to that you're out what a hundred or so dollars versus a how expensive iphone?