Sheltered Balconies on QM2 on Deck 5 -

Tillybud

Thank you Rkacruiser, nothing specific really, probably would just like some reassurance it will be fine because we've always done the "normal" balconies, checking them on the website isn't quite the same as an opinion from a past cruiser!!

Thank you Rkacruiser, nothing specific really, probably would just like some reassurance it will be fine because we've always done the "normal" balconies, checking them on the website isn't quite the same as an opinion from a past cruiser!!

To the best of my knowledge, the interior of the stateroom is like others that have verandas and whose occupants dine in the Britannia Restaurant. The sheltered veranda is nice sized with 2 lounge chairs as I recall. Because of the bulkhead, when seated, one cannot see the ocean. One sees sky. That is the major difference that I recall. The stateroom was quite comfortable with plenty of storage space. Cabin service was excellent.

I was seated on the bottom level of the Britannia Restaurant and I would recommend that location if you have a choice.

I just noticed you recommend the lower level of the Britannia Restaurant, how much better is it and why? We join the ship in Hong Kong and would like to be "ahead of the game" when it comes to dining tips😊😊😊

I just noticed you recommend the lower level of the Britannia Restaurant, how much better is it and why? We join the ship in Hong Kong and would like to be "ahead of the game" when it comes to dining tips

Please understand that my experience was having a table in the lower level, forward part of the Britannia Restaurant, next to a window, a round table for 6. Plenty of space between tables and quite a comfortable area for dining.

The following is what I remember and my impression as a result of walking through the upper level. The upper level is terraced. One level is near the upper level railing, overlooking the lower level. Seating there would be OK for me. The other two levels are terraced, one above the other, above this level. The tables appeared to be tightly spaced with not much room for movement. (Check QM2's deck plan for the Britannia Restaurant and you may be able to see what I recall.)

I suggest that you place a question about this on CC's Cunard Message Board and see what others who are more experienced with QM2's Britannia Restaurant have to say.

Would the possibility of being assigned to a table in such a location prevent me from booking QM2 again? No. In fact, I am considering another booking for the Fall of 2018. But, I am hoping my travel agent will again be able to help me obtain a table on the lower level.

Thank you for your prompt response and the a great description of all areas of the dining room, sounds a little like a lot of HAL dining rooms. Thanks again ☺☺

Yes, it is similar. But, QM2 has those two terraced levels on the upper level that is distinctly different from HAL's dining rooms. I am glad that I was able to help you.

• 2 weeks later...