Aamazing Evening Time in Malta

donaldsc

We are doing the Quest cruise out of Venice embarking on 3 October. We get into Malta at 1:00 PM and the AAmazing Evening event is that evening. I am trying to plan what we want to do on Malta with the short daylight time we have in port. Can you please tell me what time we have to be on the buses for the AAmazing Evening,

DON

Last year on our Journey cruise it was held in St Paul's Cathedral in Mdina. The pre Azamazing evening buffet started at 5:30 pm and they started calling VIP's at about 6:30 pm, then the mobility impaired coach and after that by deck order. Everyone who was going was off the ship and on their way by about 7:15 pm and back by 10 pm.

Hi Don,

we are visiting Malta on the Quest, June 4th, from 8am until 11pm.

Our Azamazing evening there starts at 7pm. Not sure where in Valletta the venue is in relation to the docks. It could be walking distance. A bus transfer could mean leaving the ship by 6.30pm. after a rushed dinner!

It's unfortunate for you that there will not be sufficient time to be too adventurous with an excursion during daylight.

Last year we skipped the Azamazing evening in Crete, opting for a quiet evening meal in Prime C, followed by a movie on the pool deck!!

Hope that helps a bit with your plans.

Ann & Paul.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

If it's Mdina Cathedral you will be bussed there. It really isn't a rush. The time of 7pm is when you start leaving the ship (staggered by deck) not when the performance starts. That will be closer to 8.30. The location is very nice, but for me the singing by the cathedral choir was less so.

We will be in Malta on June 4th on Quest. The location of our Azamazing evening has recently been changed from the Cathedral in Mdina to the rather unexcitedly named Mediterranean Conference Centre which is in Valetta. Not sure if this is an ongoing change or a trial. Anyway it will certainly be a shorter transfer.

Actually the Centre is a 16th Century former Infirmery for the Order of St John of Jerusalem so not quite the concrete block the name rather implies.

We will be in Malta on June 4th on Quest. The location of our Azamazing evening has recently been changed from the Cathedral in Mdina to the rather unexcitedly named Mediterranean Conference Centre which is in Valetta. Not sure if this is an ongoing change or a trial. Anyway it will certainly be a shorter transfer.

Actually the Centre is a 16th Century former Infirmery for the Order of St John of Jerusalem so not quite the concrete block the name rather implies.

That looks like the place for the 3rd October cruise too. Looks nice. If I was honest you aren't missing anything not going to see the choir.

Actually it does look rather good - and the website highlights its history and shows a u tube video of the interiors. We have enjoyed our previous Azamara evenings and I am sure this will be just as much fun. On the morning of June 4th we plan to go to watch the In Guardia Parade at Fort St Elmo and I suspect some of the same costumes may appear that evening.

Have never been to Mdina - so hope to go there after the Parade.

Actually it does look rather good - and the website highlights its history and shows a u tube video of the interiors. We have enjoyed our previous Azamara evenings and I am sure this will be just as much fun. On the morning of June 4th we plan to go to watch the In Guardia Parade at Fort St Elmo and I suspect some of the same costumes may appear that evening.

Have never been to Mdina - so hope to go there after the Parade.

Also, if you go on Google Maps you can click on the building for some views and information.

Phil

I loved my short choir time in Mdina.. i felt as others did not long enough. . i came back and ate something. i never eat before. if I wanted something i would eat a late lunch in town- near the dock plenty of places. or a snack in cabin. I find in general the evening evetns are good-ones with music the best.

It never occurred to me that we were rushed on our Azamazing evening in Malta. I suppose it's a personal thing, but I'm surprised that some people opted to miss the choir. It was one of the highlights of our cruise and with the ambience of the gorgeous Mdina cathedral made it truly Azamazing. During the day, we went into Valetta, which also surprised us as it is a beautiful city, easy to walk around, with fabulous views out to sea from the port. There's so much British history there, of which we were unaware, that we found it fascinating and resolved to return.

It never occurred to me that we were rushed on our Azamazing evening in Malta. I suppose it's a personal thing, but I'm surprised that some people opted to miss the choir. It was one of the highlights of our cruise and with the ambience of the gorgeous Mdina cathedral made it truly Azamazing. During the day, we went into Valetta, which also surprised us as it is a beautiful city, easy to walk around, with fabulous views out to sea from the port. There's so much British history there, of which we were unaware, that we found it fascinating and resolved to return.

I so gree with you .lovely day walking around and enjoying a late lunch. later a great time evening. one of the better ones.Like food it is the persons taste.