Nice port for Quest 29 May

laurieb

I'm trying to figure our where the Quest will be docking for our May and June cruises out of Nice; I thought it was supposed to be at the Nice port, but what I've seen on a couple cruise tracking websites it's Villefranche. I need to find a transfer from Gare Nice ville to the ship for 6 people...

I'm trying to figure our where the Quest will be docking for our May and June cruises out of Nice; I thought it was supposed to be at the Nice port, but what I've seen on a couple cruise tracking websites it's Villefranche. I need to find a transfer from Gare Nice ville to the ship for 6 people...

You'll be docked at Quai de Commerce in Nice for embarkation, but you may have to move 50 yards opposite to Quai Amiral Infernet later to make way for ferries as you overnight. It won't be Villefranche as that is a tender port no good for embarkation.

Thank you for the quick replies!

Any suggestions for transportation from the train station? I assume there will be taxis

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, taxis are plentiful. I haven't tried them there, but if you have the Uber app on your smartphone they are available in Nice and half the cost of a regular taxi.

Laurie, I am pretty sure it's Villefranche-Sur-Mer. We called Azamara and asked awhile back.

According to the Nice official port authority, the Azamara quest will be docked in Nice port, not Villefranche. Villefranche is sometimes a port of call for Nice, never an embarking port, for the (good!) reasons mentioned above. I have seen the website you mention : they are mistaking. Just google Nice port authority, if you still have a doubt.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Taxis in Nice are very expensive so an Uber may be an option. On a positive note (assuming we are embarking in Nice) the station is not far from the port.

I looked up a taxi company on line and yes, very expensive!! I read about the tram and I guess it goes from the train station to the top of the port; is it walkable from Garibaldi stop to the pier?

I am glad I saw this thread b/c we were sure it was supposed to be Villefranche. Of course eventually, we will read our cruise docs :) Called Azamara again and they gave me address of

Quai Amiral Infernet, 06300 Nice, France

Thanks for corrections

I looked up a taxi company on line and yes, very expensive!! I read about the tram and I guess it goes from the train station to the top of the port; is it walkable from Garibaldi stop to the pier?

It's one kilometer, could be difficult with luggage. A taxi between the station and the port should be 15-20 euros, depending on traffic and....chauffeur!

We are on this cruise too. We have both embarked an Quest and debarked on the Quai du Commerce. We are on a flight from London Heathrow on the 29th and also plan to use Uber to the ship.

Incidentally we have also embarked on a Star Clipper cruise in Cannes, a tender port. The crew certainly had a hard time with all the luggage and there are only 150 on board these lovely ships.

Looking forward to meeting on board.

We are on this cruise too. We have both embarked an Quest and debarked on the Quai du Commerce. We are on a flight from London Heathrow on the 29th and also plan to use Uber to the ship.

Incidentally we have also embarked on a Star Clipper cruise in Cannes, a tender port. The crew certainly had a hard time with all the luggage and there are only 150 on board these lovely ships.

Looking forward to meeting on board.

Pam,

Are you and Mike on BA 342 by any chance?

H

We have a Gatwick BA flight - 7.25am. Flights and transfers arranged by Azamara.

On BA short haul from Gatwick and Heathrow it seems there is no longer a complimentary snack or drink!!

The link below will clarify.

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/food-and-drink/short-haul-economy-dining

We have enough Avios points for a snack or drink!!!!

We have a Gatwick BA flight - 7.25am. Flights and transfers arranged by Azamara.

On BA short haul from Gatwick and Heathrow it seems there is no longer a complimentary snack or drink!!

The link below will clarify.

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/food-and-drink/short-haul-economy-dining

We have enough Avios points for a snack or drink!!!!

We flew with BA a few days after they stopped complimentary snacks. To be honest, I found the free food they offered on short haul so poor it didn't bother me too much to have to pay. Enjoyed my M&S bacon roll though it's not as much fun as Easy Jet's snack pack IMO

Hi we flew on BA in March. We didnt think much of the food selection offered. I had a M & S cheese sandwich and Mike said the bacon roll was OK. He said the coffee was awful. On the way home the flight had no food at all - they could only offer crisps. I had read that others had experienced the same - I guess they stock up on the outward flight - and if the demand is heavy then those on the return can just go hungry.

This time I think we will take advantage of the food offerings in the departure lounge.

Regarding transfers - we have had Azamara transfers in the past - but this time they wanted an additional £85 - I am sure we can do it for around 20 euros !

Only 6 weeks - hooray !

The other option BA do not mind if you take your own food onboard so at Heathrow several of the operators are now offering what they call Plane Food at Terminal 5 to profit from the BA changes - including Fortnum and Mason if you want a real treat. I think Gatwick is the same.

When we come back from Rome this summer we plan to buy some take on at the airport

Hi we flew on BA in March. We didnt think much of the food selection offered. I had a M & S cheese sandwich and Mike said the bacon roll was OK. He said the coffee was awful. On the way home the flight had no food at all - they could only offer crisps. I had read that others had experienced the same - I guess they stock up on the outward flight - and if the demand is heavy then those on the return can just go hungry.

This time I think we will take advantage of the food offerings in the departure lounge.

Regarding transfers - we have had Azamara transfers in the past - but this time they wanted an additional £85 - I am sure we can do it for around 20 euros !

Only 6 weeks - hooray !

While your taxi to the port will certainly be less than £85 it may be a little more than €20. Our taxi from the airport to our hotel on the Promenade des Anglais recently was €30.

Btw, I agree with Mike - the coffee on BA is putrid

Does anyone have an idea of what a taxi from Nice cruise port to the Nice airport will cost? Is it easy to find one when disembarking? Is it a cheaper option over using the ships transfer? We are on the May 13 Quest sailing ending in Nice.

Kathy