Cabin prices.

Sox Fan Cruiser

A lot of partial information. Here's a consolidated list:

Surf - the Surf has an entire deck (3) that has what they call "suites" these are two cabins that have been combined by removing part of the wall between them. They retain both bathrooms. All the cabins, including those converted to suites, have portholes that do not open. There are also two "Bridge Suites" that I have not seen - I do know that the windows face out onto a public walkway, so privacy could be an issue. There is also one stray regular suite on the Bridge Deck. Those windows also face a public walkway. Nothing on the Surf has any kind of balcony.

Spirit and Star - All 188 sq ft staterooms on 2 decks. There is one slightly larger owners Suite (220 sq ft) on the lower deck. All have portholes, no operable windows or balconies.

Pride, Breeze, Legend - These have the widest variety of staterooms, all of which WS calls "Suites", with the smallest being 277 sq feet. With this extra size you get a nice sitting area, much larger bath and a walk in closet. Some of these have operable windows, and some have a French Balcony (doors that open, but no actual balcony.) There are also a handfull of Larger suites - two facing the forward hot tub area, and four on Deck 6 - two forward and two midship. We've looked into the midship suites on deck six and they look nice - a big sitting area complete with dining table and a separate bedroom. The drawings of these four suites show a small outdoor sitting area, but I don't actually recall seeing them.

To add to Milepig's summary, deck 3 on the Surf also has regular cabins besides the suites. They are the TX category and exactly the same as cabins on decks 1 and 2 except higher up so more expensive. Also on the Surf, the bridge suites have portholes looking out onto the deck but very private during the day. At night close the curtains. Gorgeous big suites. The Verandah is directly above and I heard table setup very early in the morning but I'm a light sleeper. Husband heard nothing.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Any cabin is good. They are all better than the mass market. The motor ships have huge cabins. The smallest is 277 sq. ft. with a big bathroom. The sailing ships make the best use of the 180 sq. ft. You don't need that veranda. The whole ship is a veranda. Unlike the mega ships where location can make a huge difference, on Windstar everything is compact. Regardless of where your cabin is located, you will be close to everything on the ship. Windstar guests tend to be older and more reserved than the party crowd on mass market ships. Loud late night parties never happen. On my first Windstar cruise on the Windsurf, I was a bit anxious being on deck one with portholes. It was so nice that I booked another cruise.

I believe some cabins on the sailing ships are cheaper if they are 'aft' or on the lowest decks or next to the place where the 'gangway' is sited for embarking and disembarking.

We had one of the latter on the Wind Surf but didn't find it too inconvenient . . . . . . less walking!

:)

• 2 weeks later...
There is actually about 14" of "balcony"' date=' so you can at least step out of the room.[/quote']

Can you also close the balcony doors when you are out there? Looking at an Alaska cruise in 2018 and do not want to upgrade to a balcony suite if you can't use it appropriately....

Can you also close the balcony doors when you are out there? Looking at an Alaska cruise in 2018 and do not want to upgrade to a balcony suite if you can't use it appropriately....

Really not enough room to close the balcony door behind you. It is a "French Balcony" so it is only about a foot or so deep! It is still very nice to open the sliding glass door and be able to stick your head out.