My WindStar Up and Running

WHMInc

Seriously? We waited all those months for a new website and got this? As a 14-cruise alumnus I am WS's biggest fan but I think they could have updated it a little. Yes, now we can book our excursions but no photos? No nothing? Of course glad it's up but was expecting more. Oh, and it didn't carry over passport info.

Yesterday I couldn't find out how to enter My Windstar to get into my account. Unless I have a cruise booked there was no place to log in. I had assumed we might be able to see available cabins, etc. it sure looks the same to me. :(

This is HORRID. You have to enter by BookingID - so if you have multiple cruises you need to logout and back in with the other number (after rustling through your files to find it.) Not to mention that the numbers all changed in the website conversion, so you may need to call to get the current number, the original won't work. I don't see anyway to see the list of past itineraries, so I don't know what they have on file (the last time I COULD see it they were wrong) and this is important since apparently the new rewards system will take number of previous itins into account.

It also looks like the payment summary is gone, so I can't check the status of my account.

Way to go, WS.

What is the new rewards system?

I don't think we know details. There was some reference to the rewards being based on number of previous itineraries or something similar - bands like you get with airlines or hotels, with more bennies the higher your status. Not even sure if this is still in the works.

I have to admit, it was much ado about nothing regarding the My Windstar web page once it was finally up and running. Our first cruise with Windstar is coming up next month and I was expecting to be able to view our payment account details and cruise offerings besides the excursions, but the new web page is rather underwhelming. At least it's finally there.

I have to admit, it was much ado about nothing regarding the My Windstar web page once it was finally up and running. Our first cruise with Windstar is coming up next month and I was expecting to be able to view our payment account details and cruise offerings besides the excursions, but the new web page is rather underwhelming. At least it's finally there.

The ability to see the payment details and also add ons beyond the excursions were both features of the old system. I'm still amazed that they could take something down for months and then put up something that offers less rather than more.