Latitudes free wine?

lockone

I wouldn't know who to ask… You could always decline the bottle when they deliver it, or ask your steward to take it away, or bring it to the CruiseNext office and give it back to them, or give it to some other passengers. Or just leave it somewhere (under the bed, in the closet, in the hallway) and forget all about it.

I wouldn't know who to ask… You could always decline the bottle when they deliver it, or ask your steward to take it away, or bring it to the CruiseNext office and give it back to them, or give it to some other passengers. Or just leave it somewhere (under the bed, in the closet, in the hallway) and forget all about it.

Thanks. I'll see if I can call ahead and get them to not deliver it at all. It's much easier for me that way. And if not, I'm sure I have the willpower to bring it down to the CruiseNext office without draining it first. I just hate having to use that willpower so early in the cruise! ;) The drinks I have to pay for are easy to skip. It's the free ones that I worry will trip me up.

Thanks. I'll see if I can call ahead and get them to not deliver it at all. It's much easier for me that way. And if not, I'm sure I have the willpower to bring it down to the CruiseNext office without draining it first. I just hate having to use that willpower so early in the cruise! ;) The drinks I have to pay for are easy to skip. It's the free ones that I worry will trip me up.
There will be plenty of room stewards and people going to their cabins....when you get there just hand to someone who might appreciate it. Not sure if the room steward is allow to accept it as a gift but I bet if they are, they too would appreciate it.

There will be plenty of room stewards and people going to their cabins....when you get there just hand to someone who might appreciate it. Not sure if the room steward is allow to accept it as a gift but I bet if they are, they too would appreciate it.

Honestly, I'm not comfortable passing it off to another guest because you never know who's in the same situation that I am. Can't tell who has a drinking problem with just a quick glance. If the steward is allowed accept it, it's all theirs. If not, it'll either go to the CruiseNext desk or to someone in my roll call if I can arrange that in advance.

You guys have been very helpful, I really appreciate it. It's so much easier to go in with knowledge and a plan!

Your steward will probably be hanging out in the hallway when you arrive, or if not, some other steward. Explain to them that you need the bottle removed, and I'm sure they will take care of it. If they say they can't accept alcohol, tell them it's not for them to keep, you just need them to give it back to room service or whatever. This might also be a good time to ask your steward to empty your mini bar.

Your steward will probably be hanging out in the hallway when you arrive, or if not, some other steward. Explain to them that you need the bottle removed, and I'm sure they will take care of it. If they say they can't accept alcohol, tell them it's not for them to keep, you just need them to give it back to room service or whatever. This might also be a good time to ask your steward to empty your mini bar.

I'm actually booked in a studio, so no minibar to worry about! But thank you for the advice, because I never would have thought of the minibar if I was staying in a different category.

I wasn't really thinking about this stuff yet since my next cruise is in 2019, but I have some summer plans that may fall through, so I booked a cruise. Just in case ;)

The_Redhead, just a quick note if you weren't aware of this...most ships have "Friends of Bill" meetings. Dates and times are noted in the dailies.

Stay strong!

Thank you! AA isn't my program of choice, but I may stop in just to get a little extra support during the cruise. Never hurts to be reminded that you're not the only person dealing with this.

Thank you! AA isn't my program of choice, but I may stop in just to get a little extra support during the cruise. Never hurts to be reminded that you're not the only person dealing with this.

Not only that but perhaps YOU can give someone else some support. :)

I thought you could replace it with a bottle of sparkling water? Might want to call NCL and ask.

I wish NCL would let us fill out a simple 'preference' on line. You would think that could be a simple box to check in our online profile. Give us the choice of extra water....or for me more chocolate strawberries:D

I thought you could replace it with a bottle of sparkling water? Might want to call NCL and ask.

When it was for platinum only then people reported being able to swap it (although I don't think they were officially allowed to). Now that most people on the ship have it they aren't allowing swaps at all, which makes sense when you consider the numbers involved.