This is a thread about tipping

jaxw17

we generally save seats by the pool at 6 am so we can go back to our room and smoke on the balcony and then when heading back to our reserved chairs around noon we stop at guest services to have our DSC removed because we like to tip only those who serve us ( we really don't tip anyone, please keep this part secret) yea we tip much more then they would have gotten, we are very generous ( we are really not, please don't tell anyone). During all this we let our kids run wild down the hallway ( actually we join them) and sometimes we have to take a rest and sit on the steps while blocking everyone from going up and down.

we generally save seats by the pool at 6 am so we can go back to our room and smoke on the balcony and then when heading back to our reserved chairs around noon we stop at guest services to have our DSC removed because we like to tip only those who serve us ( we really don't tip anyone, please keep this part secret) yea we tip much more then they would have gotten, we are very generous ( we are really not, please don't tell anyone). During all this we let our kids run wild down the hallway ( actually we join them) and sometimes we have to take a rest and sit on the steps while blocking everyone from going up and down.

We absolutely don't let the washy washy guys spray that stuff on are hands

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

don't forget to either share your drink package or smuggle alcohol onboard. and bring a couple irons.

think we will join you ha ha ha

OMG. You made my day! I couldn't stop smiling for 10 minutes!

Also, we don't wash our hands before or after we eat. We don't use tongs to get buffet food...just our hands. We smoke on balconies or anywhere we please...it's okay no one will complain![emoji12]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Let me add slamming my balcony door at all hour of the day and night. (Mostly applies to CCL)

I read a woman's post a few years ago on one of the boards, she was advising people how to kindly treat their stewards. She said they leave some of their unwanted clothing items behind because the stewards really appreciate having them. I think it was the same lady who in another post said that for formal night she brings a very large oversized black tee shirt and wears a belt around it.

So next cruise I'm going to take an oversized black tee for formal night and leave it behind for the steward. Thus we will not need to tip...that should more than cover tipping.

You are welcome for the helpful information.....

Well I know my kids will be running around making all sorts of noise and touching the food at the buffets because it's MY vacation too and I have the AI drink package (that I won't tip on) I'll be at the bars and lounging at the pool to busy to see that they are behaving.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We do all of the above and more, but our favorite cruise hobby is to browse the passenger photos for the most ridiculous, hideous photos we can find. Then we buy them, take them home and make coffee table books out of them.

Hours of entertainment for dinner guests.

Wow! I've found my double. We do the same thing, except we never take the stairs. We always take the elevator. It's so frustrating when others are trying to get off while we're trying to get on.

Also, we'd never thing to smuggle alcohol on board. Instead, we buy one UBP, and share it with all our travel mates. The cruise line is making a bundle on it anyway. We just help balance the scales. 😎

We always stop in the middle of the walkways so people have to go around us. We also love to wear athletic shorts and tank tops to formal night. It shouldn't matter to anyone else that we just got back from an excursion and didn't feel like cleaning up. We also walk in to see a show halfway through the performance and take our time looking for seats.

We also like to make a lot of noise when we walk back to our room very late at night or get up very early in the morning. If we aren't sleeping, nobody needs to sleep.

We do all of the above and more, but our favorite cruise hobby is to browse the passenger photos for the most ridiculous, hideous photos we can find. Then we buy them, take them home and make coffee table books out of them.

First thought: omg you can buy other people's pictures?!? How creepy/cool!

Second thought: Damm, that's an expensive coffee table book...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Forums mobile app

I read a woman's post a few years ago on one of the boards, she was advising people how to kindly treat their stewards. She said they leave some of their unwanted clothing items behind because the stewards really appreciate having them. I think it was the same lady who in another post said that for formal night she brings a very large oversized black tee shirt and wears a belt around it.

So next cruise I'm going to take an oversized black tee for formal night and leave it behind for the steward. Thus we will not need to tip...that should more than cover tipping.

You are welcome for the helpful information.....

I'm sure that oversized black tee will cover a lot, but I'm not sure it'll cover tipping. :')

...our favorite cruise hobby is to browse the passenger photos for the most ridiculous, hideous photos we can find.

That is some of the best entertainment on the ship. We actually loved doing that, the new folders make it more difficult - less are now are posted on boards to look at. We actually tried buying a particularly hilarious one, they would not sell it to us.

If they weren't so expensive I would do this. Love seeing other people's onboard photos and having a laugh.

I like to think someone somewhere has me on their coffee table

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Speaking a British person, I don't generally comment on threads about tipping because I'm British and that's not what we do in our culture.

I understand that Americans comment on ALL threads about tipping by default, regardless of the quality of them, and that's fine. But that's not how we do things in Britain.

However, if I find a particularly good thread about tipping that I feel deserves special recognition, then I might make a comment or two on it out of the kindness of my own heart.

I just feel that a comment shouldn't be 'expected' from me - it should be reserved for the very best threads about tipping, where the members have made a special effort.

Sam.