Theme parties on Escape

kmkdkj3

Hi,

This is our first NCL cruise and I've seen mention of different theme nights on the Escape - Pirate, Glow as a few examples. Is there a listing of different theme parties I can find. Thinking my son will have fun dressing up for Pirate night and all of us for Glow night but don't want to pack extra things if this doesn't happen every week. Sorry if this has already been discussed - I searched for it but couldn't find anything.

Cruising June 3rd. - Can't wait.

I dont remember a pirate night but do remember the glow night and 80's night. For Glow, you can wear anything white or that will glow with a black light. Some get dressed up for it but most go comfy. The 80's night can be anything 80s. On our last cruise a friend of mine made herself into a Fraggle from Fraggle Rock. It was cute and did not take up much room in her suitcase

We were on NYE cruise on the Escape, so we had that going on, which was nutso. They had the 80s party, but I have to say, we did Getaway a year prior, and it was the EXACT same DJ canned music. Not so much a dance party (you could dance, we did, we were lit and whatever, but it ain't da club) - they had some megamix of 80s greatest hits and interrupted it constantly with "Countdowns" where some host would start screaming about winning stuff if you were the "best" dancer, like a bottle of champagne and things like that. I heard the actual club inside you can for sure dance and is way more fun.

The Glow party was totally crazy and an amazing spectacle. Would recommend if you can handle the crowds of usually very drunk party people.

Honestly, cruising is so much fun, make up your own theme, pack some fun outfits and go be silly! You'd be surprised at the new friends you might make.

ETA: If your son is older than 18, Glow would be fun. Youngsters will be overwhelmed and not have a good time. They do have a separate glow party for the teens/youngsters.

Edited by Vertigirl99
age appropriate addendum