NCL Dining Packages

CruiseGal999

I saw there is an option to purchase a dining package through NCL for the 'specialty' restaurants. Can anyone tell me if $88. for 3 dinners at ANY of the specialty restaurants? Is the A la Carte price better/cheaper? Thanks!

I'm not completely sold on this as the MDR has really amazing food. But am curious if the price is better in the package.

Hi, no this excludes a few which you'd still need to pay a la carte or extra for.

Food Republic you pay per item. At Pincho's you can use one of your 3 dinners but also need to pay an additional charge of $7 per person.

This bit answers most of the questions asked:

IN WHICH VENUES WILL MY SPECIALITY DINING PACKAGE BE HONOURED?

Speciality dining packages are honoured in Cagney's Steakhouse, Moderno Churrascaria, Teppanyaki and our French, Mexican and Italian restaurants across the fleet. Guests who have purchased the package may also choose to dine in other select à la carte priced restaurants, entertainment-based restaurants, Bayamo, Pincho Tapas Bar, and Ocean Blue restaurants, for the following per person upcharges:

• The Supper Club - $15 USD
  • Ocean Blue - $15 USD
  • Bayamo - $15 USD
  • Cirque Dreams/Illusionarium - $10 USD regular seats/$15 USD premium seats/$35 USD VIP seating on Breakaway
  • Sushi -$7 USD
  • Raw Bar - $7 USD (does not include Seafood Plateau. If ordered, the upcharge is to be waived)
  • Pincho Tapas Bar - $7 USD

Take a look at the various menus (http://www.beyondships2.com/norwegian-breakaway-menus.html) and figure out which specialties you would try and what you might order to see if the package would be worth it to you. Also, the dining package is offered as one of the Free at Sea packages when you book a cruise - you may just have to pay the 18% gratuity depending on what country you book).

My dh and I are sailing on Escape in July. We have 3 specialty which came with booking and 2 dinners for Platinum. Other meals and dinners in Haven. One of our restaurants in Tappanaki, which we have been to numerous times in BA and GA.

My dh wanted me to book it and I did but really not loving it, especially since we are celebrating my 50th birthday onboard and leaving kids at home.

Would Bayamo be a better use for $14 paying extra? I havent seen it on GA or BA.

He isnt packing long pants (and I really dont care) so Ocean Blue is out but he said if it is really that good he would.

Thanks so much!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My dh and I are sailing on Escape in July. We have 3 specialty which came with booking and 2 dinners for Platinum. Other meals and dinners in Haven. One of our restaurants in Tappanaki, which we have been to numerous times in BA and GA. My dh wanted me to book it and I did but really not loving it, especially since we are celebrating my 50th birthday onboard and leaving kids at home. Would Bayamo be a better use for $14 paying extra? I havent seen it on GA or BA. He isnt packing long pants (and I really dont care) so Ocean Blue is out but he said if it is really that good he would. Thanks so much!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Bayamo (by Iron Chef Jose Garces) is Ocean Blue on the Escape (the Ocean Blue space is the Bayamo Restaurant - no Ocean Blue on the Escape). Your DH needs long pants to go there or Le Bistro.

so I could order the $6 crab cake, $5 lobster bisque, $39 tomahawk steak, two $2 sides, and a ($?) dessert at Cagney's, and even though that totals around $60, it doesn't matter and I could do the same for two other nights all for only $88? I understand that there are restrictions against multiple entrees, but otherwise there's no limitations?

so I could order the $6 crab cake, $5 lobster bisque, $39 tomahawk steak, two $2 sides, and a ($?) dessert at Cagney's, and even though that totals around $60, it doesn't matter and I could do the same for two other nights all for only $88? I understand that there are restrictions against multiple entrees, but otherwise there's no limitations?

Exactly! I added it as one of my free at sea choices so only paid $12 and change. :)

Bayamo (by Iron Chef Jose Garces) is Ocean Blue on the Escape (the Ocean Blue space is the Bayamo Restaurant - no Ocean Blue on the Escape). Your DH needs long pants to go there or Le Bistro.

Ah, thank you. We don't have reservations at LeBistro this trip although in the past, they sat us "outside" along with the other tables of men with shorts on for dinner.

If he brings pants, would Bayamo be a good choice? Does it get overall good reviews? Thanks so much, I appreciate your letting me know!

......? Is the A la Carte price better/cheaper? Thanks!.....

Los Lobos is the Mexican venue (added to Dawn in last year's dry dock) not to be missed. But DON'T use one of your SDPs here-- pay a la carte with OBC or room charge, as prices are so low / servings so generous that it's unlikely you will get the same sort of value $ deal as at LeBistro or Cagneys.

Exactly! I added it as one of my free at sea choices so only paid $12 and change. :)
Hmmm....so you added Cagney's as one of your "free at sea" meals and still paid a $12 upcharge. What was that for? Did you order 2 entree's ?

Hmmm....so you added Cagney's as one of your "free at sea" meals and still paid a $12 upcharge. What was that for? Did you order 2 entree's ?

the 12 dollars should be the gratuity/service charge for the dinning package. if you dine at cagney, you should receive a bill for $0 dollars after your meal.

the 12 dollars should be the gratuity/service charge for the dinning package. if you dine at cagney, you should receive a bill for $0 dollars after your meal.
We chose the "free dining package" as one of our bonuses. Our TA added the dining gratuity to our cruise balance that will be paid 90 days out, so we shouldn't have any bill at all, even for the tips.

We jus did the epic and they limited our entree in cagneys to $25 and $20 in la cucina using our platinum vouchers and we had to pay for sides. We could have desert or sides but not both. However using the 3 dining package we got one entree, one appetiser, 1 desert and 2 sides included. The package was a better deal.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We jus did the epic and they limited our entree in cagneys to $25 and $20 in la cucina using our platinum vouchers and we had to pay for sides. We could have desert or sides but not both. However using the 3 dining package we got one entree, one appetiser, 1 desert and 2 sides included. The package was a better deal.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I keep hearing different takes on what happens with these dining packages. Some say only ONE entree but unlimited apps, sides and deserts. Now you are saying you get only ONLY ONE of each plus 2 sides. When ever we've done the speciality restaurants we were allowed unlimited apps and sides. However that was not using any free bonus dining package. So I am wondering if the rules are different depending on if you are dining using the free bonus package or if you are paying the standard upcharge to dine there. Hmm!

We chose the "free dining package" as one of our bonuses. Our TA added the dining gratuity to our cruise balance that will be paid 90 days out, so we shouldn't have any bill at all, even for the tips.

As someone tried to explain, I paid $12 for the 18% service charge on the dining package. The OP asked if the $88 price for the 3-day SDP was worth it. It was also added to my cruise fare - I didn't pay it onboard.

I keep hearing different takes on what happens with these dining packages. Some say only ONE entree but unlimited apps, sides and deserts. Now you are saying you get only ONLY ONE of each plus 2 sides. When ever we've done the speciality restaurants we were allowed unlimited apps and sides. However that was not using any free bonus dining package. So I am wondering if the rules are different depending on if you are dining using the free bonus package or if you are paying the standard upcharge to dine there. Hmm!

The rules are the same whether it is included in the fare or paid for.

What does cause the difference is the interpretation of the rules by the staff. For some reason, some staff seem to think there is a limit on apps or desserts. There isn't, and people on here have reported being able to argue the point when the staff have said there is a limit.

It is a fairly common thing. People have different experiences with a number of things. For example, the number of drinks you can get at one time with the UDP or whether you need multiple cards with you when you do so. This can vary from bar to bar on the same ship.