Help on Fjords

wolf7

Hi

We are looking at doing the mountains,waterfalls in June ,would like to know when travelling through the fjords if you do not have a balcony cabin is there plenty of viewing places on the ship outside weather permitting or inside if weather poor?

Thanks

Wolf7

All ships have an observation lounge at the front on a high deck as well as lots of outside space. That is the advantage of the smaller ships.

They will likely put one of the premium afternoon teas on, if sailing somewhere scenic at that time of day, so the tables at the front of the observation lounge could be reserved. The best views are from outside anyway, so should not be an issue.

We always book an inside cabin on any cruise. Have cruised the Fjords and also Greenland.

There are many areas on the ship to sit and watch the scenery

But, to be fair, I did think it would be nice sat on a balcony watching the world go by. So if the cost was the same I would go for a balcony. But the cost isn't, so it's down to cost.

Not having a Balcony will not spoil the cruise. Whilst having a balcony may enhance it.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree it can be changeable and you will need rain wear in case it does rain because you do not want to be caught out and have to stay indoors. We have been there in the 3rd week of June and it has been very warm in the fjiords though because you are sheltered from winds much of the time, so a sunny day can get quite hot. Do not forget that swimsuit in case you fancy a dip. Normal spring/summer clothes for Britain will be fine as long as you have a coat or decent jacket in case it is needed - preferably something that will not be too difficult to carry if it gets warmer by day, especially if you intend to do some walking. You will not need thermals at that time of year.

I would pack much the same as I would for a Holiday in Britain

Edited by tring