London Cruise Show

Parsman

I was surprised to discover that Fred. Olsen ate not participating in the London Cruise show later this month. Is it perhaps because fewer of their most popular cruises are sailing frorm ports away from the South/South-East of England?

I doubt it is a regional thing as we were at a holiday show in Manchester a couple of weeks ago and they were not there either, but some cruise companies were. They always used to do that show, but stopped a couple of years or so ago now.

We have heard about cruise days organised by specific cruise agents locally, so they may well have been at those. We did not go to any of those this year, but have seen them at that sort of thing more recently. I suspect they are just putting resources to where they are most likely to get bookings as I always think the big shows are about overall advertising and information rather than closing a deal.

It is also possible they do not want to highlight the difference between Fred and the lines with all the real luxury and bells and whistles that will have been on display at a main London cruise show. Not saying we would have been that impressed, but some would.

We are getting a bit tired of some of Fred's disadvantages though - set meal times for instance and the overall condition of the ships - the furnishings have improved, but we have suffered water turned off constantly and lots of vibration and noise, even in a superior outside cabin which we had booked freedom fare.

We have made the decision not to exhibit at the London Cruise Show later this month due to our new 2017 Worldwide itineraries launching in March. However, we are hoping to be at the Birmingham NEC 10-11th September, Autumn London 24-25th September and the SECC Glasgow 8-9th October 2016. If you are interested please contact us at internet@fredolsen.co.uk and we will keep you as up to date as possible.

Kind regards

Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines

• 3 weeks later...
We have made the decision not to exhibit at the London Cruise Show later this month due to our new 2017 Worldwide itineraries launching in March. However, we are hoping to be at the Birmingham NEC 10-11th September, Autumn London 24-25th September and the SECC Glasgow 8-9th October 2016. If you are interested please contact us at internet@fredolsen.co.uk and we will keep you as up to date as possible.

Kind regards

Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines

What date do the 2017 cruises go on sale please?

I've been informed March 18th on general sale [March 16th for Gold]

Thanks. There's another cruise show in London the week before, run by Vision Cruise, so I suspect Fred Olsen won't be at that one either.