i didn't do my homework

cruisehome

I did not do my homework and the cruise is around the corner

need help with a couple of names of restaurants near the embassy suites for seafood for dinner

and

a couple of names for restaurants in aruba for seafood near the pier where the ship is docked

appreciate any help you can give

carol

need help with a couple of names of restaurants near the embassy suites for seafood for dinner

and

a couple of names for restaurants in aruba for seafood near the pier where the ship is docked

carol

I assume you're talking about the Embassy Suites in Ft. Lauderdale? If so, recommend Boatyard (formerly Bimini Boatyard) at 1555 SE 17th St (a 10-15 minute walk from the hotel). We also love Billy's Stone Crab restaurant in Hollywood, which is at least a 20-25 minute cab ride but the stone crab is worth it!

I assume you're talking about the Embassy Suites in Ft. Lauderdale? If so, recommend Boatyard (formerly Bimini Boatyard) at 1555 SE 17th St (a 10-15 minute walk from the hotel). We also love Billy's Stone Crab restaurant in Hollywood, which is at least a 20-25 minute cab ride but the stone crab is worth it!

15th Street Fishery....google it. Use Uber it is less then $10.00:):)

Great food!

BILL

We stay at the Embassy Suites ever winter and always go to Southport Raw Bar. It less than a 10 minute walk from the Embassy. Ask anyone at or near the front desk and they will give you directions.

We sit outside (live music most nights), have a beer, order a cup or bowl of clam chowder (the best we have ever had), and then share a fish basket. YUM!

It's a good thing that we walk there. :rolleyes: http://www.southportrawbar.com/

We will go back in February. :)

and

carol

Just google it.

and

carol

Toward the upper right of the Florida page you will see "Search This Forum" click on that and type in "seafood" and it will list dozens of threads on seafood. This one from just a couple days ago asked your exact question...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2413531&highlight=seafood

thanks everyone

just being lazy I guess.....

Personally, I would rather hear personal experiences than rely on Google, so it isn't just about being lazy. ;)

For the Aruba one, I would post to the Aruba threads if you haven't. There was a lot of shopping, hotels, and bars that we walked past while in Aruba, but I didn't go anywhere to eat, so I can't make any recommendations. I am sure that there is something though.

Have a great cruise.