Using OBC to pay for things in cruise control

wagtail_syd

Hi

We've been lucky enough to score a hefty $700 in OBC and we're planning to spend most of it it on gold edge passes for the kids and shore excursions.

I just had a quick look in cruise control and the only option seems to be to pay with credit card. How does this work? I was thinking of booking before we board to get the 10% off the Edge passes and just to save time so we don't have to to queue up when boarding.

And on a separate note, do the Jinek Bay excursions for Lifou sell out? I remember on Carnival they did but obviously Eden is a smaller boat so I'm unsure whether it is worth booking early or seeing how we feel.

Thanks!

P&O changed their pre booking system in June to require payment in advance. OBC can only be used now after you board. I think this will deter lots of people from booking shore trips early. Surely this will affect their planning numbers for trips!!

We are booked on the Eden in March for the islands (ex Melb) and will not book any trips till we board. Like you we want to use OBC. Before they changed the system we always booked in advance.

Haven't been to the Islands before so can't help with the other query.

Have a good time.

Getting to Jinek Bay from the tender point on Lifou is relatively easy - just walk up the small hill to the main road and turn left, follow that road for about 10mins and you are there.

I went to Lifou with RCI and they didn't sell tickets to Jinek Bay onboard so everyone just wandered there and bought the tickets directly from the locals. Even if P&O sell tickets, I'd recommend just going there yourself and seeing if you can buy your entry direct.

• 3 weeks later...