NCL GEM Canada in September

mia10

I am interested in booking an excursion while in St John/ Bay of Fundy. NCL is offering the "Bay of Fundy Coastal Photography tour ". The guide is a ]photographer. Has anyone taken this tour?.... My plan for this cruise was to take some beautiful pictures and this one seems perfect.

Also, any suggestions for other excursions while visiting Canada & the New England states are welcome

We went on Carnival to Saint John last August and did a tour similar to the St Martins & Bay of Fundy excursion offered thru NCL. We saw quite a bit of the area and it was really quite interesting. We really enjoyed the fishing village and the sea caves, they were cool to see!

Happy Cruising!

I am interested in booking an excursion while in St John/ Bay of Fundy. NCL is offering the "Bay of Fundy Coastal Photography tour ". The guide is a ]photographer. Has anyone taken this tour?.... My plan for this cruise was to take some beautiful pictures and this one seems perfect.

Also, any suggestions for other excursions while visiting Canada & the New England states are welcome

I tried to take it twice....it was canceled both times for lack of participants.

We were there last Sept. We just rented a car for around $45 for the day and drove to the caves and park. The water did come up to our ankles when trying to get into the caves, but DH did it. There were many, many beautiful places to stop and take photos. You will love it.

• 2 weeks later...

I took this tour yesterday. The tour guide is a very enthusiastic photographer. He offered help to anyone on the trip who needed it and gave us running commentary on both the history/culture of the area and photo tips. We hit 4 different locations -- the Reversing River Falls twice (first and last stops), a waterfall, a fishing pier and a beach. The weather was foggy most of the day, so got some very atmospheric shots. We had everything from people taking pictures with their phones to one person with a big DSLR on a big tripod. The stops were mostly 15 - 20 minutes long. It's a 24 person luxury minibus and was sold out on this trip. If you're really into photography, it's good but you will not see most of the "sights" of the area as it is very photography focused. I had a blast!

Peggy's Cove in Nova Scotia was good for photos, but I would likely go to Lunenburg for a more typical fishing village experience. We did the 5 hour Halifax Photography trip and it was good as we went to a number of the historical locations and had time to take pictures vs. just driving by on a bus. Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I took this tour yesterday. The tour guide is a very enthusiastic photographer. He offered help to anyone on the trip who needed it and gave us running commentary on both the history/culture of the area and photo tips. We hit 4 different locations -- the Reversing River Falls twice (first and last stops), a waterfall, a fishing pier and a beach. The weather was foggy most of the day, so got some very atmospheric shots. We had everything from people taking pictures with their phones to one person with a big DSLR on a big tripod. The stops were mostly 15 - 20 minutes long. It's a 24 person luxury minibus and was sold out on this trip. If you're really into photography, it's good but you will not see most of the "sights" of the area as it is very photography focused. I had a blast!

Peggy's Cove in Nova Scotia was good for photos, but I would likely go to Lunenburg for a more typical fishing village experience. We did the 5 hour Halifax Photography trip and it was good as we went to a number of the historical locations and had time to take pictures vs. just driving by on a bus. Hope this helps!

Glad you enjoyed your tour. We will be doing it, again, this Oct.