Million Dollar Quartet on the NCL Getaway

Tonight is opening night for this MDQ cast on the Getaway. Break a Leg guys and gal! You are going to ROCK that ship!!

We are so excited to see this show on our cruise in early June! Glad to hear it's ready to go now on the Getaway:D

Tonight is opening night for this MDQ cast on the Getaway. Break a Leg guys and gal! You are going to ROCK that ship!!

Boarding on Sunday! I'm excited to see the show and excited for you that you will get to see your son perform in it!

We thoroughly enjoyed this show on the Escape last Fall.

The person playing Jerry Lee Lewis was on point and hilarious as well as musically awesome.

The other 3 musicians were very believable in the rolls and playing the music.

I would love to see it again.

Lynda

Thanks ya'll! They got standing O's for all four shows this past weekend! The cast is so excited! I talked to my son today and he is loving it! Can't wait till May 29! Enjoy the show! He also told me that Burn the Floor is fantastic as well. I have not yet signed up for that show, but I will be sure to now! Cheers!

We went to the 10 pm show on opening night. It was fantastic. We all loved it. Music was awesome. And yes, they got a standing ovation. I was very happy to see it show up to book once we got on board ( had 4 shows available for Friday and Saturday) . They were playing all the instruments, right? My 23 year old son assumed that part was not real since it was so good, but I told him they were. (I thought I heard them announce that before show started.) Top-notch! Loved all the performers.

Oh my goodness yes they play their own instruments! That's what makes the show so good! My son is playing Carl Perkins. He has been playing guitar for years as well as doing musical theater. I am so glad to hear that you all enjoyed it! They have been working hard in rehearsal and were so excited to finally perform the show!

Edited by Seminole1975
grammer

We thoroughly enjoyed this show on the Escape last Fall.

The person playing Jerry Lee Lewis was on point and hilarious as well as musically awesome.

The other 3 musicians were very believable in the rolls and playing the music.

I would love to see it again.

Lynda

My wife & I saw this show on the Escape in January of this year. Probably my fave cruise ship show.

We were at the opening show on Thursday night sitting in the 5th or 6th row.

I didn't really know what to expect of the show other than the music, and to be honest I've never really listened those artists other than the radio play.

In an honest review of the show I'd give it a 5 out of 5. The story line was very well done and the musicians/actors were very talented. The kid that plays Jerry Lee Lewis is amazing. My only complaint was after a 1 1/2 hour show .... I wanted more lol.

Ok, you convinced me. I booked us for the MDQ. If it's not everything you all said it is, I may afterward be prompted to have a fancy drink or two to cheer myself up. Never mind, I'll probably do that either way. ;-)

Ok, you convinced me. I booked us for the MDQ. If it's not everything you all said it is, I may afterward be prompted to have a fancy drink or two to cheer myself up. Never mind, I'll probably do that either way. ;-)

You won't be disappointed! It ran in Chicago for 7 years and audiences loved it! I will love it and will be having the drinks as well!

Seminole1975 I know you're on the ship now, we just got off on Sunday. We LOVED the show! Your son, as well as the rest of the cast, did a fantastic job! Standing ovation at our show!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We saw the show when it was on the Escape and it was great. However, the show had a poor track record of cancellations on the Escape (and that comment comes from the production team on the Escape) without understudies. Injuries and illness caused the show the cancel leaving the cruise staff to scramble for alternate entertainment. When they installed the show on the Getaway, they were suppose to have understudies or alternate primary performers (which means the performance may be a little less consistent if they are alternating between performers).

Oh my goodness yes they play their own instruments! That's what makes the show so good! My son is playing Carl Perkins. He has been playing guitar for years as well as doing musical theater. I am so glad to hear that you all enjoyed it! They have been working hard in rehearsal and were so excited to finally perform the show!

How long will your son be on the Getaway? We don't cruise until September.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...
We saw the show when it was on the Escape and it was great. However, the show had a poor track record of cancellations on the Escape (and that comment comes from the production team on the Escape) without understudies. Injuries and illness caused the show the cancel leaving the cruise staff to scramble for alternate entertainment. When they installed the show on the Getaway, they were suppose to have understudies or alternate primary performers (which means the performance may be a little less consistent if they are alternating between performers).

They did get understudies on the Getaway. They are not going to use the understudies unless someone gets sick or hurt. They are not going to alternate performers.

How long will your son be on the Getaway? We don't cruise until September.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The cast is on for 6 months. I do not know the exact date Kurt will be done except to say that he will be home for Thanksgiving. So you will get to see him!

I just got off the Getaway yesterday. We loved Million Dollar Quartet. The performers were great and I wanted them to keep performing. I also went to Burn the Floor, which I enjoyed, but I found myself checking my watch after about 45 minutes. I checked my watch at Million Dollar Quartet and it had been an hour and fifteen minutes and I was hoping it was going to keep going.

We heard a rumor from another guest that Elvis had an incident and so the Elvis understudy was performing on our cruise. I don't know if that is substantiated or not.

Regardless, they were all great. I enjoyed it.

I just got off the Getaway yesterday. We loved Million Dollar Quartet. The performers were great and I wanted them to keep performing. I also went to Burn the Floor, which I enjoyed, but I found myself checking my watch after about 45 minutes. I checked my watch at Million Dollar Quartet and it had been an hour and fifteen minutes and I was hoping it was going to keep going.

We heard a rumor from another guest that Elvis had an incident and so the Elvis understudy was performing on our cruise. I don't know if that is substantiated or not.

Regardless, they were all great. I enjoyed it.

Unfortunately, Ben who plays Elvis did sprain his ankle. He will be out for a week or so. I am so happy to know that the understudy (the male singer for Burn the Floor) did a great job! It has been a stressful time for the MDQ cast, but they are professionals and the show must go on! Kudos to NCL for recognizing the need for understudies! I hope and pray nothing else happens for the rest of their contract!

I missed seeing this show on the Escape in November. Rumor was that there was an injury or illness that prevented the cast from performing. Seeing this thread, I see why it was canceled, since there were no understudies. haha

Since I was supposed to see this show on the Escape and didn't, I think it's amusing that I'll finally get to see it after all. XD

...I just wish it wasn't in the place of Legally Blonde, which I was really looking forward to seeing. Oh well! :)

Unfortunately, Ben who plays Elvis did sprain his ankle. He will be out for a week or so. I am so happy to know that the understudy (the male singer for Burn the Floor) did a great job! It has been a stressful time for the MDQ cast, but they are professionals and the show must go on! Kudos to NCL for recognizing the need for understudies! I hope and pray nothing else happens for the rest of their contract!

We were on this same cruise. LOVED the MDQ! Interesting to know that they used the Burn the Floor singer to understudy. Does the rest of the MDQ cast perform or have other jobs during the other days of the cruise? It's a waste of good talent otherwise!

I hope they keep this show running for a long time. I praised them in our survey we received. Excellent choice for entertainment on board!