Upgrade/Upsell - UK Cruiser

babs135

I realise things work slightly differently here in the UK but as balance date approaches I'm wondering if it's worth asking for an upgrade or should I wait until closer to the sailing date? Not sure how to check how full the ship is and not really bothered if it's not possible. Just glad to be on board.

Do both... what have you got to lose?

I have upgraded in the past just before making the final payment. At that stage they are likely to give you the benefit of any price reduction that has occurred since you booked, however you are unlikely to get fantastic offers beyond that.

I have also upgraded on the first day of the cruise itself. Thats likely to be cheaper however 90% of the NCL cruises I have been on (18 so far) have been full.

I enquired with NCL UK about this very same subject and I was told that if the price has dropped you cannot get the lower fare. I pointed out that our US friends get the lower price and he said that each market is handled differently and here in the UK you cannot have the lower price. You can however, call around 7 days before sail date to request an UPSELL. Unfortunately that means handing over more cash rather than less.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The OP is not past final payment but unfortunately that makes no difference here in the UK. We just have different terms and conditions so it's just the way it is. The NCL rep pointed out to me that we were able to choose the cabin we wanted by paying the higher fare and those guests booking late would not have that advantage.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I am booked on a Baltic Getaway cruise in 2017 and I noticed the price had dropped £120pp. I called and was offered free upgrade to next level or I could re book at new price and pay admin charge of £70 pp. I choose that option saving £50pp. You cannot lower the price of original booking unless you pay admin charge and re book cruise. I still kept my free at sea options and the dollar rate at which the cruise was booked which was $1.51

Even though I live in the uk that's y always book thru the USA never had a problem and get my travel insurance as soon as I book

I guess there are pros and cons. For example booking through USA site means you have to pay gratuities on Beverage package where UK customers dont pay this.