upgrade and cabin questions

BrandoMan13

First off, thank you to anyone who takes the time to assist!

I am currently booked on the 9/4 breakaway to bermuda. My TA called and offered us an upgrade from a midship interior on deck 13 to family balcony stateroom on deck 12, closer to the front of the ship (sorry for not using nautical terms)

The cost would be $350 total...my main concern was I see this new cabin is a connecting cabin. Having never cruised, I don't know if this means I'll hear everything in my neighbor's cabin or I would be hearing that anyway.

So basically, has anyone sailed in these types of cabins to fill me in, and more importantly, is it worth it? $175 a piece isn't much so were definitely considering it.

Thanks again.

I have never heard any more noise coming thru the door of a connected cabin than I hear when there is no door. A LOUD neighbor will be heard either way. Most normal neighbors will not be heard at all or very minimally either way.

Thank you!

I always heard music from the neighbor through the connecting room on our last cruise. Annoying to say the least. One evening they left their balcony door open and the vacuum effect filled our room with hot humid air (felt it coming in from the bottom of the connecting door). Was noisy as heck too. I had to call security to contact them to close it up.

I'll be staying far away from connecting rooms on future cruises.

I always heard music from the neighbor through the connecting room on our last cruise. Annoying to say the least. One evening they left their balcony door open and the vacuum effect filled our room with hot humid air (felt it coming in from the bottom of the connecting door). Was noisy as heck too. I had to call security to contact them to close it up.

I'll be staying far away from connecting rooms on future cruises.

I had a connecting room once. I just stuffed dirty clothing at the bottom of the door to block noise during the night

Congratulations!! That sounds like a great deal and great location.

Enjoy your cruise. :D

Thanks. It sounds like its worth it, to have a little nicer room. Now if we make it through a little rough weather early on, should be a nice trip.

Thanks again to the helpful CC for even alerting me of the existence of upsells lol.

You're gonna love having a balcony :) and don't worry about the rough weather, the Captain and crew will do their best to keep it as smooth as possible. We went through Tropical Storm Juaquin in October sailing from Dover, UK and while it was a little bumpy, it was fine. I might be in the minority b/c I like a little (or a lot) motion in the ocean.

Good luck,