Suite Pre-cruise pref. letter

cssc123

Aprox when should we expect the pre-cruise preferences letter for suites?

I'm assuming its via snail-mail, or is supposed to be via email with the luggage tags being snail-mailed.

We're 50 days out and people on our roll call have mentioned getting it a while ago. We've been booked (in the suite) for well over 18 months (prior to sailing) so its not like we just upsold or anything and I'm looking for immediate gratification.

More just curious - not "oh my God, I need it or my cruise is ruined"

ps- I am aware of the pre-concierge email to send preferences.

Last year we got our letter about the same time we received the luggage tags. Give or take a few days. I picked up the phone and called them but I will tell you not one single request had been accomplished when I got there.

No big deal. I just spoke to my room steward about the things I needed and by bed time it was all taken care of.

My tags went to my TA this week, and I'm 3 weeks out. There was a letter included that said I could contact the concierge desk which I did. She then sent me the choices letter by email. I'm also in Canada so that may make a difference.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We are new to NCL. When you say the suite letter do you mean the one that asks:

- what kind of pillow do you want

- do you want decaf or regular coffee

- jasmin green, chamomile citron or english breakfast tea

- extra towel (washcloths, hand, bath)

We are new to NCL. When you say the suite letter do you mean the one that asks:

- what kind of pillow do you want

- do you want decaf or regular coffee

- jasmin green, chamomile citron or english breakfast tea

- extra towel (washcloths, hand, bath)

Thats it. Sometimes the requests are done. If they aren't just ask your steward.

We are 85 days out. When I called the suite concierge this week to book the Thermal Suite she brought up this letter and then emailed it to me so I could answer the questions by email.

So much to know as a newbie to NCL and suites!

Last year we got our letter about the same time we received the luggage tags. Give or take a few days. I picked up the phone and called them but I will tell you not one single request had been accomplished when I got there.

No big deal. I just spoke to my room steward about the things I needed and by bed time it was all taken care of.

Right, happens most of the time.

So the luggage tags are a separate occasion then, I assume? Are those too hit or miss...again, I know it seems petty, but it is a suite perk and I'll be darned if they try to skip out on one that was included in the price (again, I am full aware of the petty-ness)

(ps. thanks for the responses...we will wait some more and come a couple weeks, if nothing I'll call.)

So the luggage tags are a separate occasion then, I assume? Are those too hit or miss...again, I know it seems petty, but it is a suite perk and I'll be darned if they try to skip out on one that was included in the price (again, I am full aware of the petty-ness)

(ps. thanks for the responses...we will wait some more and come a couple weeks, if nothing I'll call.)

The tags are a separate mailing, and they go to your TA if you used one. I have consistently received mine.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Our Sky Suite experience was same as deladypilot. Not one single thing we had requested had been done. Made me wonder why they bothered to send the letter.

The ones we felt strongly enough about, we mentioned and they were done...after a fashion.

Overall, not very impressed with the Sky Suite experience...but it was very cheap.

We have recieved our suites letter and luggage tags 50 days before cruise. Almost to the day. On multiple cruises. Pretty consistent. Small ships. Mega ships. 50 days.

That being said, it gives you the pre concierge number and email. We have find them to be pretty worthless. Better to deal with your real concierge and butler onboard.

And a link to the Welcome Aboard booklet for either suites or the Haven (depending on where we are booked).

Edited by BirdTravels

Our TA has received the tags & letter each time in the past but nothing at this time with 48 days out. I did print tags from our confirmation and though silly was very disappointed. They are just tags but the same as the ones for the inside across from us just different number. Would have like them with our names because it is the first time in a suite for our kids. Silly thing I know but fun for me.

Our TA has received the tags & letter each time in the past but nothing at this time with 48 days out. I did print tags from our confirmation and though silly was very disappointed. They are just tags but the same as the ones for the inside across from us just different number. Would have like them with our names because it is the first time in a suite for our kids. Silly thing I know but fun for me.

Although we always book with a TA, our welcome letter and luggage tags always come direct from NCL.

We got the tags from NCL but no letter. I was going to call anyway because we wanted a bottle of liquor in the room. Concierge noted that I hadn't responded to the letter (that we didn't get) and ran through everything on the phone. As usual, we got what we paid for (the bottle and accompanying lemon slices and soda) but despite going through the whole pillow discussion did not receive special pillows. I approach the precruise concierge pillow discussion with amusement, because they're 0 for 3 for us.

Fortunately, I like the pillows just fine anyway, so no harm done.