Newbie Haven Questions - Getaway 9/11

kfnesq

ok, so I just recently took an upsell to the Haven (H6) for the Getaway September 11 cruise and I have a couple of questions after doing some research on these boards (which are awesome BTW). This is my first Norwegian cruise, although we have been on Celebrity and Royal Caribbean before.

1 - I read that they mail luggage tags and a letter (from the concierge?) pre-cruise....since it's so close to when we depart, will I still get this? Just curious, I can certainly print luggage tags and so far haven't thought of anything pressing to request from the concierge.

2 - I am on deck 11 so NOT in the Haven area (or near it as far as I can tell). I would like to enjoy a good mimosa (or 3) on my balcony in the morning....best way to do this? I gather that the butler will NOT deliver drinks even with the UBP so I guess my question is, where is the closest place to get one lol.

3 - In the Haven restaurant (I guess also for Ocean Blue and Le Bistro), what is appropriate attire (for men and women)? I typically wear sundresses everywhere but I know my husband will want to know if he should bring collared shirts, slacks, etc.

4 - We have friends traveling on the same cruise NOT in the Haven. I know they can't go into the Haven area but I would assume we can still have them over into our suite?

I think that's it...for now. Thanks in advance!

1 - Email the concierge desk. It should have gotten to you by now but there is still time to mail it to you.

2 - The butler will deliver a drink but it won't be covered by the UBP. You can either pay the regular price (plus 18%) or get it yourself. I don't know what is open and at what time, sorry.

3 - Surprisingly, the Haven is like the other restaurants on the ship (cruise casual). Men can wear shorts, if they choose.

4 - Of course, they can visit. The butler will even serve them if you want him/her to serve them. You can arrange a party for your friends, if you want to impress them. :D

The H6 cabins are in the back of the ship. To get to the Haven walk all the way to the forward stair cases and then go up to 15 or 16 to get into the Haven area. The Haven bar, pool, lounge, restaurant are on 16 but you can get into the Haven on either 15 or 16.

Edited by dexddd

You will have a bottle of sparkling wine in your suite upon arrival or shortly thereafter. Just request a pitcher of orange juice and you can make your own mimosas - no charge.

Excellent news! Thank you!

Dress in the Haven restaurant is very casual so no worries. Shorts and tees or polos are fine. It is an elegant space but your free to wear what you want. Just not swim wear.

You can ask the concierge if your friends could join you for a dinner or maybe 2 there is I believe $25 charge. The first night the Haven restaurant is super busy but after that they can generally accommodate you.

Your butler will happily set up dinner for all of you in your room or on your huge balcony. Your friends are welcome in your room any time.

Enjoy it your going to be spoiled.

Dress in the Haven restaurant is very casual so no worries. Shorts and tees or polos are fine. It is an elegant space but your free to wear what you want. Just not swim wear.

You can ask the concierge if your friends could join you for a dinner or maybe 2 there is I believe $25 charge. The first night the Haven restaurant is super busy but after that they can generally accommodate you.

Your butler will happily set up dinner for all of you in your room or on your huge balcony. Your friends are welcome in your room any time.

Enjoy it your going to be spoiled.

There have been a couple posts in the last week that they aren't allowing the bring guests to Haven dinner anymore for the fee. It has been quiet on that for some time so not 100% sure if that is the case I haven't read mention of anyone doing it recently either.

There have been a couple posts in the last week that they aren't allowing the bring guests to Haven dinner anymore for the fee. It has been quiet on that for some time so not 100% sure if that is the case I haven't read mention of anyone doing it recently either.

We are booked on the 11 September sailing. This is the second post I have seen which talks about a "dinner" meal in The Haven restaurant.

When we last sailed that room did not offer three meals; only two.

Has that changed?

Thank you.

We are booked on the 11 September sailing. This is the second post I have seen which talks about a "dinner" meal in The Haven restaurant.

Has that changed?

Thank you.

We were in the Getaway Haven in July, and yes, the restaurant definitely served 3 meals.

Has that changed?

Thank you.

we have sailed Getaway every year once or twice since she started cruising. There have always been 3 meals in the Haven rest. Always. When did you sail Getaway? I cant imagine why the restaurant would be closed for dinner unless it was a charter or something .

Edited by Annmeat

You will have a bottle of sparkling wine in your suite upon arrival or shortly thereafter. Just request a pitcher of orange juice and you can make your own mimosas - no charge.

I was gonna suggest this but you beat me to it! We have done this several times and it works like a charm.

Has that changed?

Thank you.

It is unclear from your post as to whether your previous sailings were on one of the newer ships (getaway, breakaway, epic) or one of the older ships that has a Haven area but the breakfasts and lunches are in cagneys or moderno for suite guests. If on an older ship the suite restaurant is only open for 2 meals. On the newer ships the Haven has an actual restaurant and it is open for all 3 meals. Original poster is on Getaway so Haven Restaurant will be open for all 3 :)

It is unclear from your post as to whether your previous sailings were on one of the newer ships (getaway, breakaway, epic) or one of the older ships that has a Haven area but the breakfasts and lunches are in cagneys or moderno for suite guests. If on an older ship the suite restaurant is only open for 2 meals. On the newer ships the Haven has an actual restaurant and it is open for all 3 meals. Original poster is on Getaway so Haven Restaurant will be open for all 3 :)

Thank you for your very gracious replies.