NCL Escape - Ship Details?

stp108

Hi,

I'm going on the Escape in October and I am a little confused. I keep reading reviews that there is only one pool, but then I saw somewhere that there is an adult pool (totally my preference) tucked away somewhere. Also, I looked at the pictures in VIBE and I see a hot tub, but no pool. I was planning on trying to get a Vibe pass, but if there is not a pool, I'm not sure there is a point.

Also, has anyone bought any of the day passes to the resorts in Nassau. I've never been to Nassau and was thinking about staying on the ship, but am considering a one day resort pass.

The reviews on the ships excursions are mixed, as are the reviews on the ship itself. I'm sure I can enjoy myself on the ship, but I want to be safe in port and be sure to get back to the ship in plenty of time, which is why I think about using ship-booked excursions.

Thanks in Advance,

Susan

Adult area has a grotto and a great bar. I prefer grotto to pool but I'm sure not everyone agrees. The bathes in Tortola is a nicely done ship tour in my opinion if you get earliest timeslot before crowds build.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi,

I'm going on the Escape in October and I am a little confused. I keep reading reviews that there is only one pool, but then I saw somewhere that there is an adult pool (totally my preference) tucked away somewhere. Also, I looked at the pictures in VIBE and I see a hot tub, but no pool. I was planning on trying to get a Vibe pass, but if there is not a pool, I'm not sure there is a point.

Also, has anyone bought any of the day passes to the resorts in Nassau. I've never been to Nassau and was thinking about staying on the ship, but am considering a one day resort pass.

The reviews on the ships excursions are mixed, as are the reviews on the ship itself. I'm sure I can enjoy myself on the ship, but I want to be safe in port and be sure to get back to the ship in plenty of time, which is why I think about using ship-booked excursions.

Thanks in Advance,

Susan

On the main pool deck, there's an adult pool, and a family pool near the kids' "splash area", as I understand it. I think the people who say there is "only one pool" are in one group or the other. In other words, what they mean is "my kids aren't allowed in the adult pool" or "I'm not swimming in the family pool next to the little kids". But it's all on the main pool deck.

I hear the main adult pool is difficult to enjoy because it's too deep to touch bottom even for adults.

There's no pool in either vibe or h20.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by AdoraBelle

There are two actual Swimming Pools on Escape, both on Deck 16. The Main Pool, forward, by the Waves bar and stage, and the Family Pool, by the kids park and slide returns.

There are two Hot Tubs flanking the Main Pool. There is two other all-access Hot Tubs on Deck 19, Port/Forward.

Vibe has one Hot Tub and a Mist area, no pool.

Spice H2O, +18 during the day, has two Hot Tubs and the Grotto which is more of a wading area, the water is only inches deep. No full pool.

The Thermal Suite has a large therapeutic pool and one Hot Tub.

Escape has the grotto, which is just a water feature, and hot tubs. If you want a true "adults-only" pool, Epic has a pool in Spice H2O. The adults pool on Escape is fairly deep, but does have a few seats and a wading area. Plenty of images on the Cruise Critic main review. The kids pool is separate.

The pool question seems pretty much answered. I will only add that the pool picture that you always see on the main deck is the adult pool.

As for Nassau, we booked a day pass to the British Colonial Hilton Nassau. It is within walking distance of the pier. It is $60 per person but you get a $40 food/drink credit.

http://www.resortforaday.com/British-Colonial-Hilton-Day-pass-p/nsnabch.htm

The deposit was only $12 per person so if we decide to stay on the ship we won't be losing much. We are on the 9/3 sailing.

The pool question seems pretty much answered. I will only add that the pool picture that you always see on the main deck is the adult pool.

As for Nassau, we booked a day pass to the British Colonial Hilton Nassau. It is within walking distance of the pier. It is $60 per person but you get a $40 food/drink credit.

http://www.resortforaday.com/British-Colonial-Hilton-Day-pass-p/nsnabch.htm

The deposit was only $12 per person so if we decide to stay on the ship we won't be losing much. We are on the 9/3 sailing.

Saw that. Will be curious to know if you go and if you liked it.

Saw that. Will be curious to know if you go and if you liked it.

Kept debating between Hilton and Breezes. We booked Breezes for the day, $20 deposit. It is $85 I think, but all inclusive and I liked the layout better. Hilton has $40 credit, but menu I saw had expensive food and drink prices.

We are on the 9/17 sailing, so will let you know when we get back how it is.

Kept debating between Hilton and Breezes. We booked Breezes for the day, $20 deposit. It is $85 I think, but all inclusive and I liked the layout better. Hilton has $40 credit, but menu I saw had expensive food and drink prices.

We are on the 9/17 sailing, so will let you know when we get back how it is.

Have stayed at Breezes a couple of times. Beautiful beach, large pool. Food and drinks were good. If we decide on a day pass, would choose to go back there. Enjoy.

:)

I was planning on trying to get a Vibe pass, but if there is not a pool, I'm not sure there is a point.

I have been lucky to have obtained a Vibe pass for our BA and Escape sailings. For me, Vibe makes the cruise --quiet compared to the main pool, no rushing for a pool chair. As for the private bar - I rarely drink, so that doesn't influence my Vibe decision. Vibe has very comfortable chairs, the same ones as in the Haven, and provides a great opportunity to chat with fellow passengers in a club like atmosphere. I think it is a great value.

I take advantage of the main pool on port days when it is empty - photo is from Escape port day last February. I don't have any photos on my iPad of Vibe, sorry.

The hot tube in Vibe is large and there is a misting feature as well. On Deck 19, just before you enter Vibe, there is a mirror image hot tub and mister open to all with a bar within steps. That area gets crowded on sea days but you can still get a poolchair around lunchtime.

Enjoy your cruise!

image.jpg.867d25078b2e37842048b3855e27f606.jpg

I have been lucky to have obtained a Vibe pass for our BA and Escape sailings. For me, Vibe makes the cruise --quiet compared to the main pool, no rushing for a pool chair. As for the private bar - I rarely drink, so that doesn't influence my Vibe decision. Vibe has very comfortable chairs, the same ones as in the Haven, and provides a great opportunity to chat with fellow passengers in a club like atmosphere. I think it is a great value.

I take advantage of the main pool on port days when it is empty - photo is from Escape port day last February. I don't have any photos on my iPad of Vibe, sorry.

The hot tube in Vibe is large and there is a misting feature as well. On Deck 19, just before you enter Vibe, there is a mirror image hot tub and mister open to all with a bar within steps. That area gets crowded on sea days but you can still get a poolchair around lunchtime.

Enjoy your cruise!

Ncl newbie here, I thought you could only buy vibe passes onboard, is that incorrect?