Restaurants in FLL?

Summer Time

We are staying in Fort Lauderdale at Pelican Grand Hotel on North Ocean Blvd between NE 19 st and NE 21 st and are looking for restaurants a short taxi ride away.

This is our first visit in Fort Lauderdale.

We like good seafood, steaks, and Italian. Any suggestions are welcome.

Thank you!!

Kate

Capitol Grill and Trulucks in the Galleria on Sunrise Blvd the best seafood and steaks you will find. Far better than Mortons. If you want to eat on the intracoastal the The Blue Moon. All a short taxi ride away. Stone crab season is open and we have the freshest in the world.

For the best Italian restaurant is Tramonti in Delray a little further north but worth the trip and the dining experience.

There are many discussions on restaurants on the Florida Departures board, here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

FYI, I did do a search of restaurants and there are not what I am looking for. They are mainly in Miami or elsewhere. Plus, discussions are about hotels and transportation.

Thank you, Kate

You still should be on the Florida Departures board. At the top there is a Sticky on Ft Lauderdale restaurants.

Then there is these threads:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2334615&highlight=Restaurants

(2 pages of restaurant info)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2413531&highlight=Restaurants

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2343202&highlight=Restaurants

and literally dozens more threads.

Cruiser Bruce,

With due respect, I would like to have my Crystal Cruise friends who I have known and sailed with for years and met many on the ship to give me restaurants recommendations as we have shared and traded many recommendations of all sorts over the years.

CC board is sometimes difficult to find.

Post that are moved, we don't know where it went unless someone post the link.

Btw, I thought Host Dan is our host for Crystal board.

Thank you and regards, Kate

Edited by Summer Time

Cruiser Bruce,

With due respect, I would like to have my Crystal Cruise friends who I have known and sailed with for years and met many on the ship to give me restaurants recommendations as we have shared and traded many recommendations of all sorts over the years.

Wow - I guess you aren't interested in locals (of which there are many on this board, some of whom are in the hospitality business) giving recommendations since they might not sail on Crystal?!

I will make a recommendation on a Spanish restaurant a short ride from your hotel: Cafe Seville on E. Oakland Park Blvd. The food is wonderful with close to a dozen specials every night and the service is first rate. It is a small restaurant with seating for fewer than 50 and even in off season you need a reservation (it was full this past Wednesday night at 7:30). Don't be dissuaded by the lack of curb appeal - it's located in a strip mall.

Edited by capriccio

We enjoy Mortons. The food is excellent, and you have to tell them you want the " The Steak and Seafood Special". The price varies by location, but for about $60 pp, you get a large salad, filet minone and seafood such a shimp alexander, a portion of scallops wrapped in bacon or a crab cake , a large side dish- one each guest and each get a great dessert. Go to their website.

The rate is per guest and you each get all of the above. You can also upgrade to another type of steak if you wish. A very good deal for a special meal.

Enjoy

Edited by Cruise a holic

We are staying in Fort Lauderdale at Pelican Grand Hotel on North Ocean Blvd between NE 19 st and NE 21 st and are looking for restaurants a short taxi ride away.

This is our first visit in Fort Lauderdale.

We like good seafood, steaks, and Italian. Any suggestions are welcome.

Thank you!!

Kate[/QUOT

Right next door to your hotel is Sun Tower Hotel & Suites. Their restaurant is a beachside deck and they serve an amazing breakfast and lunch.

A little north of your hotel:

East of the bridge on Oakland Park Blvd is Cafe Martorano (Italian) and Nisi (Greek).

On the Intracoastal Waterway, on the south side of Oakland Park Blvd:

Chart House (upscale seafood)

Shooters (American/Continental)

Flip Flops (burgers/tacos/drinks)

On the Intracoastal, north of Oakland Park Blvd:

Bokampers (amazing sports bar, sushi, wings, great drinks and atmosphere)

In the neighborhood around the corner from Bokampers (North Beach) - lots of places, but a few faves:

Blue Jean Blues (jazz / blues club, food)

33rd Street Wine Bar

Fishtales

Scolapasta (Italian)

A1A just north of Oakland Park Blvd is Greek Islands (Greek).

Venture north to Lauderdale by the Sea, some faves:

Vincent's (Italian)

Aruba

101 Ocean

Beach Cafe

Edited by brunello22

Cruiser Bruce,

Well, I'm a local and my family are 4th generation restaurateurs. Without being biased:

Steaks; Steak 954

Italian; Cafe d'Angelo or Louie Bossi

Farm to Table; Market 17

Italian Bakery: Gran Forno

Seafood Casual: Rustic Inn

Seafood: Coconuts or Casablanca

Oceanfront sushi: S3

Mexican: Roccos Tacos

I don't know when you are traveling but reservations are a must for all but Gran Forno or Rustic Inn.

Also, keep in mind that Fort Lauderdale restaurants are on the expensive side.

Hopefully Sharon, who is also a Fort Lauderdale local, will chime in with anything I've left out or add to it.

Cruiser Bruce,

If you only want recommendations from fellow Crystal cruisers and you don't want you threads moved to the Florida board, you might want to post on your rollcall. There you will have other like minded cruisers who will also be in Fort Lauderdale.

Hopefully Sharon, who is also a Fort Lauderdale local, will chime in with anything I've left out or add to it.

Steak 954 for steaks and seafood and Casa D'Angelo for Italian are my recommendations. They are both a very short ride from Pelican Grand and are very good and very nice. Trulucks and Capital Grill are also very close and are very good but they are chains. Lobster Bar and Louie Bossi are good choices, about 4 miles away. Grill 66, Market 17, and Boatyard are good, about 4 miles away. The last time I went to Chart House the food and service were dreadful.